PuC and the Liam Miller Fundraiser

Started by Baile Brigín 2, July 18, 2018, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 03:12:33 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2018, 02:37:05 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2018, 02:23:43 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 11:30:20 AM
My gut feeling is the game will go ahead in PUC and will draw a crowd of around 20-25,000.
The last couple of days has demonstrated for me that there are a significant number of ordinary, decent, frustrated and annoyed people who would like this game to go ahead in PUC for all the right reasons, but there are also a lot of very bitter soccer fans who see this as an opportunity to stick the knife into the GAA.
The latter cohort have been very vocal on social media, however, I doubt they have any intention of attending the game.
Most of them seem to be Shamrock Rovers fans anyway.
When it was incorrectly reported that PUC was going to be opened for the game, it quickly became apparent that this wasn't really about Liam Miller for them.

Again, the GAA suits proved those people right this firm Jinxy. There's something horribly wrong culturally in GAA officialdom when you look at some of the insane decisions made in the last 12 months.

Whoever their PR guy is, he needs to go. There will be case studies done in future using the GAA's handling of events recently as WHAT NOT TO DO when dealing with a crisis.

Their latest screw up is yet another own goal. It's one thing to announce they plan on meeting with the organisers of the game but it turns out they released this statement on twitter before they had even picked up the phone/sent an e-mail to set it up!!!

They really are their own worst enemy. It seems the suits in Croke Park think they are right and everyone else is in the wrong. Clearly they have learned nothing from the Newbridge fiasco

Lisa Clancy used to be head of communications and prior to that role she worked for the HSE I think.
It's Alan Milton now, but he comes from a journalism background as far as I'm aware.

Her contract wasn't renewed.

Alan was the GAA editor of the Irish Sun, he's also very involved with his club.

Kidder81

Quote from: blanketattack on July 24, 2018, 12:34:55 PM
Why does someone who earned over £10 million, has a large PFA pension and has the mortgage paid off need a fundraiser for his family?

It's a fair question, all money raised should go directly to charity

TheClubman

Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 23, 2018, 03:11:34 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 02:12:07 PM
I'm starting to think you are Paul Kimmage.  ;D

My grammer and punctuation are better

;)
Welcome aboard, Paul.

I thought it was obvious some while back.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 24, 2018, 02:36:09 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 24, 2018, 12:34:55 PM
Why does someone who earned over £10 million, has a large PFA pension and has the mortgage paid off need a fundraiser for his family?

It's a fair question, all money raised should go directly to charity

Yes - agree 100%.

Jesus - if I popped my clogs tomorrow my family will be well catered for financially due to the insurance policies I've had since I could afford one. Why do the family need a dig-out?

Jim_Murphy_74

If the GAA wanted to go questioning the worthiness of this charity event they ship has sailed given their earlier statment:

"The Association re-affirms its offer to provide hospitality facilities at the venue free gratis to assist fundraising efforts around the Liam Miller Tribute Match and wish the event organisers every success in their endeavours."

It's not purely about the GAA and PuC, nothing else.

/Jim.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 24, 2018, 12:02:16 PM
I must be missing something, but why don't the Liam Miller organising committee call it a GAA match?
If none of the players handle the ball then so be it.

Sorted!
Because its 2018 and for a hospice.

Rossfan

Why can't they have hurling and football in De Páirc so between Cork legends and  rest of Ireland legends?
Have the "outraged" and the Gahbashers made their contributions to the fund  yet?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: TheClubman on July 24, 2018, 02:55:18 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 23, 2018, 03:11:34 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 02:12:07 PM
I'm starting to think you are Paul Kimmage.  ;D

My grammer and punctuation are better

;)
Welcome aboard, Paul.

I thought it was obvious some while back.
You seriously think im paul kimmage? Thats nuts fellas

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2018, 04:54:57 PM
Why can't they have hurling and football in De Páirc so between Cork legends and  rest of Ireland legends?
Have the "outraged" and the Gahbashers made their contributions to the fund  yet?

Because he's a fûcking professional soccer player. Are you incapable of accepting that you might be wrong?

Shamrock Shore

Bernard Flynn either:

(i) a prophet
(ii) a gobshite

dec

5.1 Uses of Property
(a) All property including grounds, Club Houses, Halls,
Dressing Rooms and Handball Alleys owned or
controlled by units of the Association shall be used
only for the purpose of or in connection with the
playing of the Games controlled by the Association,
and for such other purposes not in conflict with
the Aims and Objects of the Association, that may
be sanctioned from time to time by the Central
Council.

Is a charity soccer game "in conflict with the Aims and Objects of the Association"?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

dublin7

Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2018, 06:48:42 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 24, 2018, 05:35:02 PM
Bernard Flynn either:

(i) a prophet
(ii) a gobshite

He can be both.

Who in God's me is advising the GAA. Release a statement saying they met Liam Miller committee and will further discuss the matter. Do they just want more media attention and enjoy being the bad guys????

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: dublin7 on July 24, 2018, 07:08:04 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2018, 06:48:42 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 24, 2018, 05:35:02 PM
Bernard Flynn either:

(i) a prophet
(ii) a gobshite

He can be both.

Who in God's me is advising the GAA. Release a statement saying they met Liam Miller committee and will further discuss the matter. Do they just want more media attention and enjoy being the bad guys????

Even naming the GAA attendees by title and the committe members by name. Thats plain rude.