Switching electricity/energy providers

Started by AustinPowers, September 03, 2022, 12:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 04, 2022, 01:02:44 AM
Price cat food doubled what it was 3yrs ago
Can I confirm that you chaps own cats?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

I see brent crude oil has dropped below $90 for the first time since January. . . why are oil and diesel prices still so f**king high??

highorlow

QuoteI see brent crude oil has dropped below $90 for the first time since January. . . why are oil and diesel prices still so f**king high??

Your car doesn't run on crude oil. It's the lack of refineries that's the issue. Russian refineries are sanctioned. It could be worse though as the yanks upped their game a few years back and increased their refining capacity.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2022, 02:39:44 PM
I see brent crude oil has dropped below $90 for the first time since January. . . why are oil and diesel prices still so f**king high??

The price of the pound against the dollar is the current excuse. Oil is traded in dollars and the Conservatives have done their part to devalue the pound as much as possible.

screenexile

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on September 07, 2022, 03:13:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2022, 02:39:44 PM

The price of the pound against the dollar is the current excuse. Oil is traded in dollars and the Conservatives have done their part to devalue the pound as much as possible.

Fair enough I had forgotten about that shitshow that's hitting us as well!

Jim Bob

How much for 1000l today in the North ?
Is there anywhere online ye can keep tabs on latest prices ?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 07, 2022, 07:42:02 PM
How much for 1000l today in the North ?
Is there anywhere online ye can keep tabs on latest prices ?
https://www.cheapestoil.co.uk/Heating-Oil-NI

Give you a rough idea.

bennydorano

BBC News - Cost of living: Energy price cap to apply to NI households
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-62832267

UK Government sets price cap on Electric bills in GB to £2,500 pa from October, fixed for 2 years. Assuming it'll reach NI in the usual bastardised way. I assume that means bills going to be £208 odd max per month - they currently aren't at that level but are surely heading that way (for average use).

clarshack

Quote from: bennydorano on September 08, 2022, 12:21:00 PM
BBC News - Cost of living: Energy price cap to apply to NI households
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-62832267

UK Government sets price cap on Electric bills in GB to £2,500 pa from October, fixed for 2 years. Assuming it'll reach NI in the usual bastardised way. I assume that means bills going to be £208 odd max per month - they currently aren't at that level but are surely heading that way (for average use).

It's a £2500 cap for both gas and electric.

Will it ever end

Completely different energy market, there's no developed plan for how this will actually apply to NI.

bennydorano

Yeah I know. Read the article. We'll get an NI version with similar finanicial support. Mentions home heating oil. They've changed the headline to - NI to Get same energy bills support as GB.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on September 08, 2022, 12:59:05 PM
Yeah I know. Read the article. We'll get an NI version with similar finanicial support. Mentions home heating oil. They've changed the headline to - NI to Get same energy bills support as GB.

Should it be means tested? I think it should be more targeted to the ones that are really struggling
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Sure you can refuse to accept the help MR2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on September 08, 2022, 01:20:15 PM
Sure you can refuse to accept the help MR2

I can surely (unless its being paid directly to the energy provider) but there are people out there that actually don't need it over people that really do need it..