The Health System

Started by macdanger2, February 07, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

PRSI (pay related social insurance) is more to do with unemployment benefits, sick pay and pensions.
You get  a tooth cleanup once a year and do you still get something off eye tests and glasses?
As for the private health insurance - you get a €2400 policy for €2000.
Only for private health insurance the public system would have blown up years ago.
Asal is right - not enough votes in health and homelessness - but if the middle class townies are asked to pay €3 a week for water and sewage.........
And to hear that FF yoke Kelleher going on about resources in the Dàil today.
What neo liberal builder/ developer party of cnuts destroyed the public finances?

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on February 09, 2017, 11:38:09 PM
PRSI (pay related social insurance) is more to do with unemployment benefits, sick pay and pensions.
You get  a tooth cleanup once a year and do you still get something off eye tests and glasses?
As for the private health insurance - you get a €2400 policy for €2000.
Only for private health insurance the public system would have blown up years ago.
Asal is right - not enough votes in health and homelessness - but if the middle class townies are asked to pay €3 a week for water and sewage.........
And to hear that FF yoke Kelleher going on about resources in the Dàil today.
What neo liberal builder/ developer party of cnuts destroyed the public finances?

Like I said, I get sweet eff all. I was told that I would be covered for a bed in a public ward but it turns out that the VHI has to pick up the bill for everything related to health matters. I don't get a free dental checkup either.
You're right that if it wasn't for private insurance the public services would have banjaxed a long time ago.
I remember the  RTE spokesman on medical matters saying that at the height of the boom, almost half the population has private insurance of some sort and the public service still wasn't able to cope.
I'd believe nothing from any FF spokesperson. They had control of the public services for long enough and din't do any better than Enda & Co. are doing now.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Last Man

keep her low this half

Quote from: Last Man on September 06, 2022, 09:13:43 AM
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/th-r-se-coffey-expected-to-take-charge-of-stricken-nhs-fn5j5fqhk
New Health minister in the UK! A real proponent of a healthy lifestyle by the looks of it!
Back in the day there was a running joke in Yes Minister about the Health minister being a heavy smoker and drinker! Life imitating art perhaps