Switching electricity/energy providers

Started by AustinPowers, September 03, 2022, 12:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on September 08, 2022, 12:59:05 PM
Yeah I know. Read the article. We'll get an NI version with similar finanicial support. Mentions home heating oil. They've changed the headline to - NI to Get same energy bills support as GB.

jabers, if they subsidise home heating oil then there won't be enough tankers in Cullyhanna.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Square Ball

so, tell me this. if its capped at £2500 per year can I run the gas and electric all day and night and it wont go over £2500? how is it capped?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

bennydorano

Quote from: Square Ball on September 09, 2022, 09:07:27 AM
so, tell me this. if its capped at £2500 per year can I run the gas and electric all day and night and it wont go over £2500? how is it capped?
Don't think they've thought that far ahead but I've seen that scenario discussed. Anyone growing herb in their attics can breathe a sigh of relief.

armaghniac

There is an average house defined and the £2500 would meet the usage of that average house. If you are a waster then you are on your own, I am afraid.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Square Ball

Quote from: armaghniac on September 09, 2022, 09:26:12 AM

There is an average house defined and the £2500 would meet the usage of that average house. If you are a waster then you are on your own, I am afraid.
wont go anywhere near it I hope. so have the Tories bought the next election with this?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

trailer

At the minute my Electric bill is £240 per quarter. If it doubles say, I'll still be under the cap. Are we going to get support for Oil is that the idea?

Milltown Row2

Was chatting to a hotelier the other day, he has 5 places, the gas bill will kill the business alone... Its worse than them being closed during the pandemic, bills can't keep it open and now people can't afford to go out..

Love the idea of owning my own business but who in their right mind would start up a business now?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Just got an email from the head of our office in Belfast, Power NI have increased the monthly bill x 5 times the cost....

Fuckin hell and we're probably not that energy intensive but all servers are going to have to be turned off when not in use now...

That will put some businesses under.

square_ball

Its a cap on the price per unit not on your bill. That £2,500 is the average cost for a household not the maximum you can pay on your bill. A lot of people are going to get caught out on this thinking their bill will 'only' be £200 a month.

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on September 09, 2022, 09:53:34 AM
At the minute my Electric bill is £240 per quarter. If it doubles say, I'll still be under the cap. Are we going to get support for Oil is that the idea?

my last quarterly bill in July was £215 and if it wasn't for games consoles going flat out it would be cheaper again, as we hardly ever use the dishwasher or tumbledryer.