2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: thejuice on January 02, 2018, 11:17:28 AM
Meath squad announced last week. No one from O'Mahony's and more from Rathoath than Simonstown is an eyebrow raiser. We won't have Keoghan for the league. Ronan Jones, Paddy O'Rourke, Pauric Harnan, Joe Sheridan and Ruari O Coilleann all excluded themselves from the panel. Harry Rooney has returned from Australia at least

QuoteEamon Wallace, Brian Power, Joey Wallace, Conor McGill, Bryan McMahon, Cian O'Brien (Ratoath)
Brian Conlon, Mark McCabe, Podge McKeever, Sean Tobin (Simonstown)
David Gallagher, Shane McEntee, Seamus Lavin, Donal Lenihan (Dunboyne)
Andy Colgan, Sean Curran, Bryan Menton (Ashbounre)
Paddy Kennelly, Conor Dempsey, Luke Martyn (Dunderry)
Robert Garry, Caolach Halligan, Donal Keoghan (Rathkenny)
Shane Glynn, Dan O'Neill, Thomas O'Reilly (Tones)
Biggie, Ben Brennan (Cillies)
Dave Toner, James McEntee (Curragha)
Alan Douglas, Luke Moran (Trim)
Harry Rooney, Eoghan Greene (Skryne)
Mickey Burke (Longwood)
Liam Ferguson (Kells)
Barry Dardis (Summerhill)
Adam Flanagan (Clonard)
Daragh Griffin (Athboy)
Adam McDermott (Dunshauglin)
Cillian O'Sullivan (Moynalvey).

Not seeing a whole lot of strength in that squad and so many places up for grabs and lads still yet to prove themselves that suggests we'll be treading water at best this year but my gut feeling is we'll be in the relegation mix up this year and Longford might well turn us over in Leinster.

Whatever about Eamon Wallace who at one stage looked like he had serious potential but I cannot understand how Joey Wallace can still make a senior intercounty panel.

Syferus

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on January 02, 2018, 09:12:39 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 02, 2018, 11:17:28 AM
Meath squad announced last week. No one from O'Mahony's and more from Rathoath than Simonstown is an eyebrow raiser. We won't have Keoghan for the league. Ronan Jones, Paddy O'Rourke, Pauric Harnan, Joe Sheridan and Ruari O Coilleann all excluded themselves from the panel. Harry Rooney has returned from Australia at least

QuoteEamon Wallace, Brian Power, Joey Wallace, Conor McGill, Bryan McMahon, Cian O'Brien (Ratoath)
Brian Conlon, Mark McCabe, Podge McKeever, Sean Tobin (Simonstown)
David Gallagher, Shane McEntee, Seamus Lavin, Donal Lenihan (Dunboyne)
Andy Colgan, Sean Curran, Bryan Menton (Ashbounre)
Paddy Kennelly, Conor Dempsey, Luke Martyn (Dunderry)
Robert Garry, Caolach Halligan, Donal Keoghan (Rathkenny)
Shane Glynn, Dan O'Neill, Thomas O'Reilly (Tones)
Biggie, Ben Brennan (Cillies)
Dave Toner, James McEntee (Curragha)
Alan Douglas, Luke Moran (Trim)
Harry Rooney, Eoghan Greene (Skryne)
Mickey Burke (Longwood)
Liam Ferguson (Kells)
Barry Dardis (Summerhill)
Adam Flanagan (Clonard)
Daragh Griffin (Athboy)
Adam McDermott (Dunshauglin)
Cillian O'Sullivan (Moynalvey).

Not seeing a whole lot of strength in that squad and so many places up for grabs and lads still yet to prove themselves that suggests we'll be treading water at best this year but my gut feeling is we'll be in the relegation mix up this year and Longford might well turn us over in Leinster.

Whatever about Eamon Wallace who at one stage looked like he had serious potential but I cannot understand how Joey Wallace can still make a senior intercounty panel.

No wonder the rest of Leinster is in a state if you think writing off a 22 year old is the smart approach..

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I didn't realise he was still that young as he has been around a while but I stand by my point.

seafoid

It is great to be away from Meath this year.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

So as ye can have a goid laugh at the end if March --
Ros and Cork to go up.
Louth and Clare to go down.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gael85

Clare will be under pressure. Gary Brennan, Eoin Cleary,Ciaran Russell,  David Tubridy, Keelan Sexton, Kevin Harnet and Martin McMahon are unavailable .Joe Hayes has retired

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gael85 on January 03, 2018, 05:32:24 PM
Clare will be under pressure. Gary Brennan, Eoin Cleary,Ciaran Russell,  David Tubridy, Keelan Sexton, Kevin Harnet and Martin McMahon are unavailable .Joe Hayes has retired

Why are they unavailable? Tubridy Sexton and Brennan are big losses especially.

Gael85

McMahon got married and the others are injured. Majority are expected to miss first 3 league games. It gives them chance to blood new players as lack of bench cost them in league and Mayo last year

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gael85 on January 03, 2018, 05:49:29 PM
McMahon got married and the others are injured. Majority are expected to miss first 3 league games. It gives them chance to blood new players as lack of bench cost them in league and Mayo last year

According to the Clare management they are all expected back for first game of the year?

Gael85

Have you link for that? Read that in Clare champion a couple weeks ago . Dean Ryan and Darren Nagle are in Oz and missing too.

shark

Cleary, Brennan and Tubridy will all be fine for first round of league, bar picking up another injury in the meantime.

Gael85

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

LooseCannon