Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Strange game in Copenhagen, should have been 3 up at ht, outplayed in the 2nd half, not helped by some very sloppy midfield play, yet still had some very good chances saved by the FCK goalie.  A mixed bag and I suppose fortunate in the end to manage a score draw.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2020, 08:01:57 PM
Strange game in Copenhagen, should have been 3 up at ht, outplayed in the 2nd half, not helped by some very sloppy midfield play, yet still had some very good chances saved by the FCK goalie.  A mixed bag and I suppose fortunate in the end to manage a score draw.

I'll take that. Away goal important. 2-1 at home!

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2020, 08:01:57 PM

We really need to take them chances, could come back to bite you in the arse. S Brown was not at his best and i was screaming at TV to sub him off and when he finally went off Celtic nearly fell apart...WTF. How can you be so dominant then be hanging on, what changes for you to go into your shell and defend for your lives when you should have been coasting...I'm lost for words, on a more positive note the Huns are getting a lesson.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Ntcham was poor, gave away the ball for their goal, did the same a few minutes after that but the ball took a strange deflection into the path of Elegant Ed.
A much needed Rogic might be match fit for the return.

Ajax lost 2 nil away??? how the mighty have fallen.

illdecide

FFS i'd stop the Enterprise... >:( Castle Grey Skull rocking

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2020, 09:08:04 PM
Ntcham was poor, gave away the ball for their goal, did the same a few minutes after that but the ball took a strange deflection into the path of Elegant Ed.

Rogic has been ignored all season. He has been treated very shabbily, he's had a few niggly injuries but he has been fit for the vast majority of the season. For me he's a better player than both Christie and Ntcham. Christie had a whirlwind last season and started this season off like he left if last season but slowly his form has deteriorated and he only lost his place when he picked up a suspension/injury. Ntcham has played fairly well in recent weeks, he was very poor tonight. I don't think either should be keeping Rogic out on current form yet they are both ahead of him.

Forrest was incredibly frustrating tonight, much like has been all season despite a decentish return in goals and assists. He is incredibly greedy, the amount of good openings he butchered by putting his head down and going for goal himself rather than lifting his head and checking what was available around him must have been close to double figures.

Edouard will be disappointed with just the one goal but once again he was immense.

I don't think 1-1 is a good result, we played well first half and should have been further up but crumbled in the second half. Copenhagen are nothing special and were there for the taking. To me it has the Cluj CL tie similarities, Cluj were poor on the night in the first leg and we didn't take advantage of it. They came to Celtic Park for the second leg and looked a much better team and punished the Celtic mistakes.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

samuel maguire

Looking for 1 home ticket for the copenhagen match next week if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Main Street

1-1 was a good result in the context of the whole game, although both goalkeepers were the leading contenders for motm.

Did Fraser save that penalty or did it hit the post?

themac_23

Quote from: Main Street on February 21, 2020, 12:19:42 PM
1-1 was a good result in the context of the whole game, although both goalkeepers were the leading contenders for motm.

Did Fraser save that penalty or did it hit the post?

Big man saved it, i can think of nothing worse than picking up a ball to take a pen and looking at FF standing in front of me with that purple kit on, prob thought it was Barney the dinosaur he was up against lol

Captain Obvious

Last season Ajax were the great underdog story of the Champions league. They are back to their 2017/18 season form now whereby Nice knocked them out of the Champions league at third qualifying round and by Rosenberg in the Europa league qualifier.

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on February 20, 2020, 10:40:39 PM

Rogic has been ignored all season. He has been treated very shabbily, he's had a few niggly injuries but he has been fit for the vast majority of the season. For me he's a better player than both Christie and Ntcham. Christie had a whirlwind last season and started this season off like he left if last season but slowly his form has deteriorated and he only lost his place when he picked up a suspension/injury. Ntcham has played fairly well in recent weeks, he was very poor tonight. I don't think either should be keeping Rogic out on current form yet they are both ahead of him.

Forrest was incredibly frustrating tonight, much like has been all season despite a decentish return in goals and assists. He is incredibly greedy, the amount of good openings he butchered by putting his head down and going for goal himself rather than lifting his head and checking what was available around him must have been close to double figures.

Edouard will be disappointed with just the one goal but once again he was immense.

I don't think 1-1 is a good result, we played well first half and should have been further up but crumbled in the second half. Copenhagen are nothing special and were there for the taking. To me it has the Cluj CL tie similarities, Cluj were poor on the night in the first leg and we didn't take advantage of it. They came to Celtic Park for the second leg and looked a much better team and punished the Celtic mistakes.

Agree with a lot of the above. However, Rogic i disagree on. I think he's far too slow and lacks the work rate. If Tom Rogic had pace he'd be world class but he doesn't and is so easily beaten to the ball. Ntcham has a lot going for him but he's so lackadaisical at times and give away possession (to our cost last night) and yeah Christie seems to have lost his we spark...it's a worry that none of the three are nailing the position their own.
Hope you're wrong about Cluj CL tie but it could well happen, we had our chances last night and didn't take them ::)

illdecide

Guys any links to Celtic match, can't get it on VIPbox for some reason...couldn't get the last home game on vipbox either.

Main Street

Rangers dispose of Braga and make it through to last 16. If that lot can do it, then so can Celtic.

illdecide

Starting team for tonight...

Foreter
Jullien
Taylor
Simunovic
Brown
Rogic
Edouard
Elyounoussi
Ajer
McGregor