Will anyone inn Fianna Fail shout stop?

Started by Leo, February 22, 2008, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2009, 09:38:06 AM
Quote from: Donagh on February 23, 2009, 08:50:24 AM
Frank Fahey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Fahey) has been named on another forum as one of the golden ten. That's one b**tard who deserves a little bit of comeuppance.

Has he been officially named or is it still rumours?

Still rumors but I'd say he'll have to make a statement very soon:

http://skinflicks.blogspot.com/2009/02/frank-fahey-needs-to-come-clean.html

thejuice

Turns out mary Harney was brought to Superbowl XLII and left early (probably to find the hotdog stand). I used to think she was just incompetant but now I just dont like her. What a waste of a ticket.  >:(
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zapatista

Quote from: thejuice on February 23, 2009, 09:47:21 AM
Turns out mary Harney was brought to Superbowl XLII and left early (probably to find the hotdog stand). I used to think she was just incompetant but now I just dont like her. What a waste of a ticket.  >:(

Apparently it was due to a 'wardrobe malfunction'.

Hardy

Why are we, the taxpayers, going ahead with the bailout of Anglo Irish Bank, since it has emerged that we, through our representatives, were systematically misled by the bank's management and some of the shareholders as to the true state of its finances? Surely that invalidates the contract and surely the government should be saying sorry lads, no deal - you can have your ould bank back, together with your bad debts, your phantom investments and your hooky loans? Isn't this the issue we should be marching about, since it's perfectly within the government's capability to do it and save us several billion Euros at a stroke?

Bogball XV

I think it's too late for that Hardy as my take on it is that as soon as the ridiculous guarantee (cheapest bail out in the world as Lenno said last October) became law the taxpayer took on the debts, thus nationalisation was the only way we could ever hope to see the taxpayer have a chance of benefitting.  I think we may well have to do the same with the other two also, unfortunately we are unlikely to be able to afford to.

Zapatista

You can buy this beauty for E10 or two for E16 ;D

Perehaps you would be more interested in the cuff links or golf balls?

http://www.fiannafail.ie/store.phpx

Billys Boots

Quoteridiculous guarantee

That's why they'll never be the Sopranos, Hardy.  Though I agree with your contention re. Anglo.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Leo

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2008, 09:39:29 AM
Leo, do you honestly believe that Bertie shouted 'Stop' off his own bat? The leading ministers, including Cowen, obviously had a word in his ear about the damage he was doing to the party, and gave him the opportunity to step down with dignity and at a time of his own volition. I had always said that he would step down after his address to Congress, and that's the way it panned out.

You are giving Bertie way too much credit, and in the process trying to move your agenda onto someone who hasn't even been mentioned in relation to dodgy dealing, anecdotally or otherwise, apart from smoking dope :D.

I think this thread should just die.

Even I thought it HAD died but apparently not.
Even More relevant today.
Fierce tame altogether

Donagh

Meanwhile the Bert has spent the weekend a banana republic, where two large conservative parties have governed for decades in the interests of their members, where the vast majority of departmental budgets are spent on bureaucracy and political wages and has a notoriously lax banking system based on custom and cronyism.

No he wasn't in his Co Kerry bolt-hole, he's in Honduras:

http://www.laprensahn.com/Pa%C3%ADs/Ediciones/2009/02/20/Noticias/Firma-de-un-Pacto-Social-necesita-Honduras

Giving or taking I'm not so sure...

Bogball XV

Quote from: Donagh on February 23, 2009, 03:50:31 PM
Meanwhile the Bert has spent the weekend a banana republic, where two large conservative parties have governed for decades in the interests of their members, where the vast majority of departmental budgets are spent on bureaucracy and political wages and has a notoriously lax banking system based on custom and cronyism.

No he wasn't in his Co Kerry bolt-hole, he's in Honduras:

http://www.laprensahn.com/Pa%C3%ADs/Ediciones/2009/02/20/Noticias/Firma-de-un-Pacto-Social-necesita-Honduras

Giving or taking I'm not so sure...
El Berto now surely ;)

Any word on the Fahy/Fahey story - True or False?  Does Enda have anything do you think?

Donagh

Haven't heard anymore, but I wouldn't have though Inda would have got stuck Cowan in the way he did unless he has something. I'd say he is keeping his powder dry until the Fianna Fail Ard Fheis gets a little closer. That's going to be some craic - I hear 'Mary Coughlan' is going to be singing - the other Mary at the demonstration outside the City West that is...  ;D