Not born that way

Started by The Iceman, December 14, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

seafoid

I would love to see his stats proving there is more to the mental health issues than discrimination as well as how he measures it  .

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on December 14, 2016, 08:39:05 PM
We do not understand the brain. So the idea that some scientist can scientifically prove what goes on in people's heads is nonsense.

Cop yourself on OmaghJoe is an expert!

No wides

Esmarelda

Nature, nurture or...........the Russians?

The Iceman

to answer Eamonn   - I'm genuinely interested. So What? So what on any topic on the board? Why can't I ask about this one.
I have a cousin who recently came out and it's definitely something I struggle with given my beliefs and my care for him.  I've read a lot online that it is mostly nurture. But you would immediately discredit any source as propaganda.  Neither will change my mind on him the person but I'm genuinely interested in understanding orientation, fluidity, gender - its being pushed on all of us from every direction so I'd like to understand what it is i'm supposed to accept.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

seafoid

Every culture has gay people. Some more advanced cultures even have space and acceptance for Trans people. Christianity is quite backward in this regard. I bet the dude who wrote the pseudo scientific article is evangelical.

No wides

Regarding trans would there by that many that way inclined if the op wasn't available, nor the gaffer tape to hold it under the arse!

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on December 15, 2016, 01:25:31 PM
its being pushed on all of us from every direction so I'd like to understand what it is i'm supposed to accept.

What exactly is being pushed on you? How?

Puckoon

to answer Eamonn   - I'm genuinely interested. So What? So what on any topic on the board? Why can't I ask about this one.
I have a cousin who recently came out and it's definitely something I struggle with given my beliefs and my care for him.  I've read a lot online that it is mostly nurture. But you would immediately discredit any source as propaganda.  Neither will change my mind on him the person but I'm genuinely interested in understanding orientation, fluidity, gender - its being pushed on all of us from every direction so I'd like to understand what it is i'm supposed to accept.

All you're supposed to accept is your cousin. We''d a cousin (albeit he was adopted into our family as a baby), but he was one of the big clan never the less.  He spectacularly came out in his college years and it took a while for some of the older, more traditional members of the family to accept his lifestyle.

He took his first proper boyfriend up north for my wedding and everything was going great til the boyfriend suggested the pair of them hit the dance floor. My uncle just leaned over and said "I'm not sure the family is quite ready to see that"! Now, that was 11 years ago and we've all seen much more on his Facebook profile since, but acceptance of those you love shouldn't be that hard.

laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on December 15, 2016, 02:56:42 PM

All you're supposed to accept is your cousin. We''d a cousin (albeit he was adopted into our family as a baby), but he was one of the big clan never the less.  He spectacularly came out in his college years and it took a while for some of the older, more traditional members of the family to accept his lifestyle.

He took his first proper boyfriend up north for my wedding and everything was going great til the boyfriend suggested the pair of them hit the dance floor. My uncle just leaned over and said "I'm not sure the family is quite ready to see that"! Now, that was 11 years ago and we've all seen much more on his Facebook profile since, but acceptance of those you love shouldn't be that hard.
Shouldn't be indeed. But you have some holy joes who would disown their own flesh and blood for being Gay rather than support them. 
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Iceman

acceptance for the people and not the lifestyle is too different things...we've talked about this many times before..
because you love someone should you accept whatever they do?

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on December 15, 2016, 03:03:51 PM
acceptance for the people and not the lifestyle is too different things...we've talked about this many times before..

Does it impact YOU in any way whatsoever? Does it affect YOUR faith?

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on December 15, 2016, 03:03:51 PM

I can't speak for you but I've too much going on in my own life and I'd like to get laid more often myself to be fretting about what anyone else is doing, so yes I accept and care not!

Puckoon

Furthermore, you're not accepting the life style for yourself. You're to accept that this person you love has that lifestyle. So I'd challenge you to make some lists

What do I gain by not accepting my cousins gay life?
What do I lose by not accepting my cousins gay life?

What do I gain by accepting my cousins gay life?
What do I lose by accepting my cousins gay life?

I'd be curious as to what you think you lose in both accepting or not accepting.