What's your earliest memory of the GAAboard?

Started by Under Lights, November 06, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

I was a lurker for a long time reading old threads. Only really signed up to advise people to go for the heart screening when it showed up that I had a defect.

Earliest thread's I can remember was the hardstation being banned thread:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=10030.0

Also bought westlife tickets for Croke Park off a  gaaboard poster.  8)  :-[

Farrandeelin

I joined in April 2004. Suppose my first memory was Barney's 'Blueprint to respectability' thread for Mayo football.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

deiseach

I'm a little disturbed to see that the oldest page archived on the Wayback Machine has a thread where Fearon asks me something. His question is lost to posterity, which given the response from 'Con Crowley' is probably for the best.

My earliest memory? Probably the river of flame I got from one HT Fiddler for suggesting that the reputation for thuggery that attached itself to Sean Boylan's Meath teams was because they were, you know, thugs. Happier times? Plus ça change, more like.

Sidney

Reading beautifully eloquent 14 page long soliloquys from some of the INTERNET's original true hurling men.

It's not perhaps widely known that true INTERNET hurling warriors actually used to post on this board.

That's a long time ago, mind.

Norf Tyrone

My earliest memory is coming home from a game and putting the Club score onto the Club page on here, and seeing what other results where in.

No Twitter in them days.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 06, 2014, 04:06:31 PM
My earliest memory is coming home from a game and putting the Club score onto the Club page on here, and seeing what other results where in.

No Twitter in them days.

I miss this a bit tbf, information bombarded at you now, there is rarely any posts on Tyrone club thread after a round of fixtures any more every shred of information is already known.

brokencrossbar1

Probably the Tony Fearon hotel escapade is the one that sticks out and rowing with some of the Armagh heads, particularly Whacker, Aghdavoyle, Corn02 and Uladh (ironically all Dromintee men!) and Rufus and bennydorano that we would dominate the county for years to come.  Here was one of my posts from 2006

QuoteCongratulations to all involved, I hope it helps build on the other successes.  We may not win 20 in a row but we could give it a good rattle all things being equal.

Funny how things have turned out  :P

5 Sams

Here since 2000 or 2001 I think....first memory is winding the Our Ma ones up....plus ça change
The Aristocrat Years

tyrone girl

Here originally since about 1999/2000 seems too long ago to remember anything

5 Sams

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 06, 2014, 04:26:28 PM
Here originally since about 1999/2000 seems too long ago to remember anything

That's because football wasn't invented until 2002/2003.  ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Armamike

Around since 2000/2001. Remember stumbling across the site and thinking it was a bit of a hidden gem and a world away from Hogan Stand! Some fantastic posters from around that time who are no longer here, which is a shame.  So announced their departures in dramatic terms while others just sloped off.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Farrandeelin

I also remember O'Neill's 'Ode to the GAAboard Hosts' thread.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

brokencrossbar1

We need a few welly throwing and bog snorkelling competitions going again....or even a Bard thread. O'Neill?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 06, 2014, 05:50:24 PM
We need a few welly throwing and bog snorkelling competitions going again....or even a Bard thread. O'Neill?

A new Slurry Cup thread wouldn't go amiss

brokencrossbar1