Vote

Started by Feckitt, May 21, 2014, 09:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Dixie, it's been pointed out to you twice now that DeBrun stood down due to ill health and yet you continue to use that as a stick to beat her and the party with. Not very classy.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

armaghniac

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 22, 2014, 01:50:50 PM
No there won't as that would depend on all nationalists voting relatively evenly for Sinn Fein or SDLP. I'll be voting for neither. Anna Lo has my vote as she deserves it a hell of a lot more than that binlid Anderson and Attwood the snob!

Time for the green and blue bullshit to dissapear! Every election isn't a referndum on Irish unity and I wish people would see that!

Have you grasped that this is a PR election, that you are not voting for only one candidate? Give Lo your first preference by all means, and then Attwood. Whatever you think of Attwood he is a better representative than Jim Allister.

People in the 26 counties seem to understand PR, I'm not sure about those in the 6 counties  :-\
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

give her dixie

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2014, 02:38:35 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 22, 2014, 02:36:03 PM
Dixie, it's been pointed out to you twice now that DeBrun stood down due to ill health and yet you continue to use that as a stick to beat her and the party with. Not very classy.
It's disgusting really. Who next? Michael Ferguson?

Get a grip, Dixie.

HS can you point out to me how I am using Bairbre de Brun as a stick to beat the party with? In my 1st post I pointed out how Sinn Fein co opted 24 people into jobs in Stormont and local councils, how an MEP was Co Opted, and how 2 MP's ran off to the 26 counties. That's 27 people in total who stood before the electorate and promised to represent us for the duration of their term.

In my 2nd post, I merely pointed out that she was one of 3 people I voted for and who didn't end up representing me. I know she stood down from her position due to ill health, and I am also aware that she still works for the party as a researcher. She is 10 times the politician Martina Anderson is.

I have met the woman several times and have found her to be an incredibly intelligent and humble person. Like Michelle, she would always get my vote.

I can't see how you could be disgusted by reference to her in those 2 posts.

There are other posts by me that are bound to have disgusted you more than any of the 2 posts above.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 22, 2014, 02:36:03 PM

As I have asked Hardstation, what is in my 2 posts that lead to to think that I am using Bairbre de Brun as a stick?

cockahoop

jesus dixie you dont agree with sinn fein policy? You dissident you tut tut

give her dixie

Quote from: cockahoop on May 22, 2014, 04:51:59 PM

Just one of many names I have been called for daring to speak out against the machine  :)

give her dixie

This is a decent TV report by The Detail on how Sinn Fein Co opted 6 relatively new people onto Newry council a couple of months ago, and how the DUP Co opted family members onto various councils. In total, they Co Opted 43 Councillors between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLj3Sccboig 

Nally Stand

Quote from: cockahoop on May 22, 2014, 04:51:59 PM
Did I call him a dissident? (At least you spelt it right today..."dissendent"  ;) )
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: AQMP on May 22, 2014, 09:08:27 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 21, 2014, 11:10:02 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 21, 2014, 02:43:36 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 21, 2014, 12:12:40 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on May 21, 2014, 11:57:54 AM
So what you are saying is that people so vote 1,2,3 etc

Dodds and Anderson are certs, I think, their seat between Alex Attwood or Jim Allister, I think

Quite. The question is will the SF people have the political maturity to support nationalism by putting Attwood first or will they only support their own cult.
When directly asked by the BBC, SF refused to request their supporters to transfer to the SDLP. Which is their prerogative. But next time there's a Fermanagh/South Tyrone situation, let's not fall for the cries of needing to maximise the nationalist vote.

Does the SDLP have a transfer policy to SF??  As I understand it SF are not advising supporters on transfers across the whole country/island/two jurisdictions. 
Not that i'm aware of. But it was SF who were getting exercised about the need to maximise the Nationalist vote.

Quote from: AQMP on May 22, 2014, 09:08:27 AM
Interesting that you mention Fermanagh/Sth Tyrone (my own constituency).  During the last (admittedly acrimonious) election I was told face to face by an SDLP councillor, standing on East Bridge Street with Fearghal McKinney, that he would rather Rodney Connor were elected than Michelle Gildernew.  When I looked at McKinney, he nodded.  An interesting tactic to try to secure my vote!
And let's be honest, would the people of FST be any worse off? Would they even notice the difference? Apart from bragging rights, what has a SF MP delivered in FST since the last election that another candidate would not have?

Maguire01

Quote from: AQMP on May 22, 2014, 09:01:15 AM

Dodds and Anderson are certs, I think, their seat between Alex Attwood or Jim Allister, I think

Quite. The question is will the SF people have the political maturity to support nationalism by putting Attwood first or will they only support their own cult.

Doubt whether there are two "nationalist" seats in the North...yet  As Martina Anderson said had there been a prospect of two nationalist/republican seats then SF would have run two candidates. Anderson, Dodds & Nicholson in that order.  Allister polling numbers are well down on last time when I think he got 66,000 first preferences.  Will be interesting to see how UKIP do.
What a bluff. The DUP were talking about running two candidates as well. It's all big talk. Both parties are fairly safe with one candidate, but if they ran two they'd run the very real risk of electing none. Neither would elect two.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 22, 2014, 07:26:25 PM

Doubt whether there are two "nationalist" seats in the North...yet  As Martina Anderson said had there been a prospect of two nationalist/republican seats then SF would have run two candidates. Anderson, Dodds & Nicholson in that order.  Allister polling numbers are well down on last time when I think he got 66,000 first preferences.  Will be interesting to see how UKIP do.
What a bluff. The DUP were talking about running two candidates as well. It's all big talk. Both parties are fairly safe with one candidate, but if they ran two they'd run the very real risk of electing none. Neither would elect two.

If the estimates are correct, SF will get in (or near enough) on the first count, the DUP will get in after 4 or 5 counts and UU will win the last seat by a nose, without reaching the quota. If 2% of the SF vote had thought of themselves as nationalists and so given a first preference to Attwood, then he would have won. Fortunately, it doesn't seem as if Allister is in there, he is one poisoned individual.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Saffrongael

JohncAllister of NI21 will say on the View tonight that decision to redesignate was an attempt to derail an investigation of inappropriate sexual activity by Basil McCrea.

It's a dirty game
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2014, 10:05:44 PM
Tina McKenzie has quit NI21. Before the polls have even closed.

What a shambles.
She's quit the party executive, not the party. Still a shambles.

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2014, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 22, 2014, 07:26:25 PM

If the estimates are correct, SF will get in (or near enough) on the first count, the DUP will get in after 4 or 5 counts and UU will win the last seat by a nose, without reaching the quota. If 2% of the SF vote had thought of themselves as nationalists and so given a first preference to Attwood, then he would have won. Fortunately, it doesn't seem as if Allister is in there, he is one poisoned individual.

I put Lo and Attwood in as my first 2 choices in the hope either would hang in long enough to pick up sufficient transfers.
There may be enough flavours of Unionism to fracture the Loyalist vote sufficiently if they do not transfer.

Hereiam

Tina, Basil and John, that's quite a threesome.  ;D