What's your festive tipple?

Started by redhugh, December 15, 2009, 02:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhugh

Merry Christmas,happy Hanukkah and joyous kwanzaa to all!
I'm heading out tonight to do the Christmas drink shopping and was wondering what to buy.I always find it hard to know what to drink after a big feed when you're sitting in front of the fire with the meat sweats.No problems before dinner,a couple of beers or glasses of wine are the usual, but what would you knowledgeable lot recommend for the rest of the day?

Canalman

Personally find bottles of Heineken easy on the body and slower to drink towards the end of the night. Problem is that the bottles get warmer as the night progresses as the  pub fridge empties and is restocked. Wouldn't happen in NY or Oz.

bingobus

Festive tipple - coca cola!

Apart from an odd glass of red wine with the dinner, I never drink in the house or in other peoples house unless it is a house party (once a year maybe!) or after a night out.

I don't enjoy it for some reason. Even as a student, I'd always drink in the pub or not at all.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hereiam

I'm with you bingo, drinkin in the house just doesn't feel right. Maybe its because it was never done in our home house

redhugh

I think the pubs around Christmas this year will be messy.A lot of pubs have forgotten what it's like to be busy,and will be in the shit very easily.I know it can often be messy at this time of year,but I think it will be worse this year. New staff brought in for Christmas,existing staff not used to being as busy,not enough glasses,running out of ice,nobody to clean up the broken glass ,not enough change ordered, that sort of crap.

redhugh

Square Ball

all depends how drunk I am, but I do love a baileys to round off the night, even better with Bush in it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Billys Boots

Wouldn't have thought so, but that stuff makes you pleasantly drunk all day - you couldn't drink them fast enough to do much harm (maybe). 

A Quinn Martin Production

I'm normally a Jameson's man but during the festive season I'm partial to the odd Scotch (insert joke here)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 15, 2009, 02:55:12 PM
Wouldn't have thought so, but that stuff makes you pleasantly drunk all day - you couldn't drink them fast enough to do much harm (maybe).

More the brandy then the cream, it burns the throat of me, don't touch it at all.
Tbc....

redhugh

I always take a notion for Crested Ten over Christmas, don't know why, but in my head it is synonomous with Christmas.There are only 3 pubs that I know of that sell it.

That grammar and punctuation thread has me all paranoid about my posts :(

Treasurer

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 15, 2009, 02:35:43 PM
Brandy and Baileys.

Yum!  Or Baileys and Creme de Menthe.

Mulled Wine christmas Eve

Wine Christmas Day with a few baileys to finish off.

Billys Boots

QuoteBaileys and Creme de Menthe.

Ah jaysus T, that's gross.  I don't think I could stomach that at all.