Artur Boruc...Poland v N.I

Started by The Watcher Pat, March 21, 2009, 09:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 22, 2009, 01:10:08 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 22, 2009, 12:21:43 PM
I've been at plenty Ireland soccer games in Lansdowne Rd where Rangers players playing for their country are booed everytime they touch the ball..
There is as many bigots go to Ireland soccer games as N.Ireland games

Did their FA need to hire armed guards to protect them?

Who exactly is he allegedly being protected from?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Orior

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 22, 2009, 01:01:20 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2009, 12:03:19 PM
Where is Tony? Shocked that he didn't start this thread and even more shocked he hasn't been on to put his considerable weight behind it.

You always have plenty to say about Tony...Whats he got to do with it?

I started the thread and if you read the first post you will see that I said I hope he doesn't bless himself....

If you have nothing constructive to add then don't comment about someone else who hasn't posted in the thread, while at the same time trying to poke fun at him!

Why shouldnt he bless himself?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Watcher Pat

If it helps keep the peace and prevents any trouble...

pintsofguinness

How depressing and pathetic that someone blessing themselves causes such discussion and possible security fears! ffs. 

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 22, 2009, 01:17:38 PM
If it helps keep the peace and prevents any trouble...
Aye sure let the bigots win.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

I would imagine the majority of N.Ireland fans would have the same opinion as Chrisowc and not give two fucks if he blesses himself or not.
Unfortunately you will always get a minority in every crowd,usually this minority don't know the first thing about the sport they are watching,as I said I have seen it in Lansdowne plenty of times
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 22, 2009, 01:24:52 PM
I would imagine the majority of N.Ireland fans would have the same opinion as Chrisowc and not give two f**ks if he blesses himself or not.
Unfortunately you will always get a minority in every crowd,usually this minority don't know the first thing about the sport they are watching,as I said I have seen it in Lansdowne plenty of times

Probably most don't care..My sisters b/f is a N.I fan and is going to the game....He says all the keepers get abuse but Boruc will get more from the bigot's at the match because he play's for Celtic and will get more again if he blesses himself.....

Main Street

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 22, 2009, 01:24:52 PM
I would imagine the majority of N.Ireland fans would have the same opinion as Chrisowc and not give two f**ks if he blesses himself or not.
When was the last time a rangers player got booed at LR?  2002?
when boos turned to cheers :)  

The issue is that the talk of Boruc and the Polish team receiving "maximum security", whatever that means.
"Poland's football federation, along with the Northern Irish FA, have assured Boruc and Co they will receive maximum security before, during and after the game."

Does maximum security mean any more security than what a visiting team/player would normally get?

At least there is progress, they will not be throwing abuse at their own players

Chrisowc

Chrisowc

A complete non-story but the link provided does at least contain some comedy value -

The Polish FA could hire a team of gun-toting guards

Authorities in Boruc's homeland are now set to recruit top security firm, Agencja Zubrzycki, whose owner, Sylwester Zubrzycki, said: 'We will be prepared for anything that comes our way.

The Watcher Pat

Ok then...Why should they even have to consider having more security?

In case he blesses himself? That,s why i didn't go to mass this morning...Hadn't the money to hire security!!

nifan

Has the guards thing been reported in a reputable paper?

I see today in the times Feeny has said he didnt say the quotes attributed to him - though bizarely he did say he told the journalist to make a few quotes for him thinking it would be the usual banal shite you get.
Hes a tube for doing that anyway.

Says he has been in touch with Boruc via willo flood, and boruc has said not to worry about it.
Also claims his brother in law is a big celtic fan - must be a lie we have all been told what his family is like.

Chrisowc

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 22, 2009, 02:00:19 PM
Ok then...Why should they even have to consider having more security?

In case he blesses himself? That,s why i didn't go to mass this morning...Hadn't the money to hire security!!

You didn't go to mass incase Borat blesses himself next week?  A sad state of affairs.

He could be worried about coming here because a Polish national was gunned down recently in the 'heightened sectarian tension' I suppose Polish footballers could be considered collaberators of the jack boot regime by recognising partition and playing a game against the statelet ::)

mylestheslasher

I think he should bless himself, recite the rossary and do a little jig while surrounded by a team of sharp shooting polish snipers.

stiffler

Has anyone any word on Pat McCourts injury?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009