Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: God14 on January 01, 2021, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 31, 2020, 08:47:28 PM
Has McNulty not been ravaged with injuries since he got a callup under Harte when he was in his teens.

Was there not some big fallout with the County Board over covering a back injury he sustained when with Tyrone?

There was a fall out, and Logan was the only one who got involved and tried to sort it at the time.

It's good to see him getting a shot anyway and hopefully his injury issues are behind him.

It's a real shame we don't have a McKenna Cup or equivalent this winter for these lads to shows the management team what they can bring.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 01, 2021, 11:49:32 AM
Mc aliskey left cause of harte. Peter Donnelly too. Shea MC guigan coming back too?

Your nonsense knows no bounds. Skeet had a bad run with injuries, never mind the things that were happening outside the sporting environment. He made the decision to take a break, there was no fall out in regards to Mickey Harte. Donnelly went off his own bat when he didn't get what was wanted, and I can say with great confidence that people were very happy with his replacement last year.

Shay McGuigan? Every McGuigan that deserved a chance got a chance under Mickey. There are many AI medals in that house because of him. Shay believed himself to be better than he was.

God14

Shea McGuigan consistenly one of the best midfielders in club action. Why wouldn't he be in the panel? In my opinion he'd be ahead of mcdonnell, and perhaps evens with Kilpatrick. Decent option, if no Fenton.

God14

Teague from Dromore a very promising prospect

As said before, pitty no mckenna Cup the year

Angelo

Quote from: God14 on January 01, 2021, 05:29:30 PM
Shea McGuigan consistenly one of the best midfielders in club action. Why wouldn't he be in the panel? In my opinion he'd be ahead of mcdonnell, and perhaps evens with Kilpatrick. Decent option, if no Fenton.

McGuigan wouldn't have the size or physique for midfield at intercounty. Could potentially be a half forward but I wouldn't say he is good enough and it seems the new management team would also feel that way.

Agree on Teague think he will pushing had for a starting spot in the full back line or at centre back.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 31, 2020, 12:17:24 PM
Confirmed that the following players have joined the training panel:
Danny Mc Nulty
Conor McAliskey
Paul Donaghy
Aidan Clarke
Peter Teague
Tiernan Quinn
Cormac Munroe
Mark Mckearney
Lee Brennan
Johnny Munroe
Would say Johnny Munroe might be the best addition to the panel of these players, potential option at centre half back which is a problem position at present. Stand out star man at the trials.
McAliskey will naturally go straight back in as a front runner for the corner forward positions alongside Bradley, McCurry and Canavan.
Lee Brennan in my opinion will find himself behind these players, just like he was before he walked off the panel. Wonder will he accept a role as a big impact player of the bench just like his 2018 role.
As for the rest - Donaghy and McNulty could offer nice plan B options with their size around the full forward line and as potential alternatives in the absense of McShane. The rest it's hard to see much of a path to the match day panel for them, be a case of biding their time.

Angelo

Quote from: GaelTheGael on January 02, 2021, 02:31:50 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 31, 2020, 12:17:24 PM
Confirmed that the following players have joined the training panel:
Danny Mc Nulty
Conor McAliskey
Paul Donaghy
Aidan Clarke
Peter Teague
Tiernan Quinn
Cormac Munroe
Mark Mckearney
Lee Brennan
Johnny Munroe
Would say Johnny Munroe might be the best addition to the panel of these players, potential option at centre half back which is a problem position at present. Stand out star man at the trials.
McAliskey will naturally go straight back in as a front runner for the corner forward positions alongside Bradley, McCurry and Canavan.
Lee Brennan in my opinion will find himself behind these players, just like he was before he walked off the panel. Wonder will he accept a role as a big impact player of the bench just like his 2018 role.
As for the rest - Donaghy and McNulty could offer nice plan B options with their size around the full forward line and as potential alternatives in the absense of McShane. The rest it's hard to see much of a path to the match day panel for them, be a case of biding their time.

Could McKearney potentially make an impact. He is very slight but does seem to have that kind of ability than Ryan McHugh has for Donegal as is able to slip challenges in the more open areas in the middle of the pitch.

But I'd agree - those guys along with the likes of Conor Quinn, Grimes, Murnaghan etc are there to kind of build their experience and conditioning until such time as they are ready.

Any word on Daniel Kerr? Is he still on the panel? Think he will find it really hard now to make inroads.

God14

Interesting that Niall Morgan played as a midfielder in the Challenge games.
Any word on who the other two keepers were?

Angelo

Quote from: God14 on January 02, 2021, 02:59:33 PM

We do have some really good keepers coming through in the county at the minute.

Gallen looks a prospect, Quinn from the u20s is very highly rated too. Was impressed with Grimes from Killyclogher this year and the u17 keeper was excellent against Donegal recently (think he's Morgan from Dungannon?).

I really rate Morgan though and I'd highly doubt we'd be looking at him as a genuine outfield option?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: God14 on January 02, 2021, 02:59:33 PM
Lorcan Quinn (Donaghmore) and Oran Grimes (Killyclogher). Benny Gallen also played outfield at the trials.

square_ball

Quote from: Angelo on January 02, 2021, 03:09:53 PM
I really rate Morgan though and I'd highly doubt we'd be looking at him as a genuine outfield option?

Agreed. We'd lose more with him out of nets than we would gain from him being outfield IMO. I do rate Quinn from Donaghmore I would imagine he would be the successor to Morgan.

Take_her_back_ref

Quote from: God14 on January 01, 2021, 05:29:30 PM

I take it you haven't been to too many Ardboe games then.

GetOverTheBar

Niall Morgan doesn't operate in midfield for Edendork, I don't know where that has come from really. Maybe working on something tactical.

He would be playing a free sweeping role for them. Excellent kick passer obviously and at county level. But with the top teams operating now on a full pressing game really, is it a goer? Maybe just something they might think about chasing a game - pushing him outfield onto the last man or to free an outfield player.

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 04, 2021, 10:46:40 AM
Niall Morgan doesn't operate in midfield for Edendork, I don't know where that has come from really. Maybe working on something tactical.

He would be playing a free sweeping role for them. Excellent kick passer obviously and at county level. But with the top teams operating now on a full pressing game really, is it a goer? Maybe just something they might think about chasing a game - pushing him outfield onto the last man or to free an outfield player.

Lads Morgan isn't going to be playing outfield for Tyrone, nor Benny Gallen for that matter. I'd say it was a case of making up the numbers. New keepers on trial in nets so these other two played outfield to make up the numbers or avoid playing trialists outside their normal positions which wouldn't have been fair on them. Wouldn't get too worked up over it. Not that I have any insight or anything, just assuming!

Can't argue with the new names added, each deserves a chance. Other names mentioned already had a pop and didn't make it and at this point in their careers, aren't going to improve things. These young lads deserve a crack at it and good luck to them.

Taylor

Morgan will not be playing outfield.

He is a nailed on starter in nets