Lurgan

Started by seafoid, March 02, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 28, 2019, 11:32:23 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on May 28, 2019, 11:06:38 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 28, 2019, 10:54:08 AM
Including very recently over the soldier F banner

Good work by the young team taking it down and putting a match to it.

There was a revenge attack in Kilwilkie last night. Ones from the other end paint bombed the Republican murals and the Easter Rising monument thing at the bottom of the road.

Is there a bigger kip anywhere in the North?

The Gs Man

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 28, 2019, 03:26:42 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on May 27, 2019, 06:19:41 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 27, 2019, 05:54:09 PM
Get yourself a house near the train station and walk to it. There's plenty of housing around the Victoria St. area. Close to Lord Lurgan Park and a short walk from the town centre while you're at it. The Lough Rd. is a good spot. Me and the missus stay in the Derry Lodge B&B any time we're visiting family now.

Dunno how long you have been away but Victoria Street is definitely not an advisable place to live these days.

How about Albert St. and the like? What's gone wrong with Victoria Street? I had a lot of mates living there when I was at school and it wasn't a bad place.

Lived in the Lough Road/Victoria St area myself growing up.  Take your life in your hands walking down Victoria Street or Albert Street late at night now! 

From Derrylodge Manor on down towards Woodville is all grand though.
Keep 'er lit

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on May 28, 2019, 11:36:59 AM

There was a revenge attack in Kilwilkie last night. Ones from the other end paint bombed the Republican murals and the Easter Rising monument thing at the bottom of the road.

Is there a bigger stoop snob anywhere in the north?

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on May 28, 2019, 11:36:59 AM

Your house

tonto1888

Quote from: The Gs Man on May 28, 2019, 11:50:34 AM
Get yourself a house near the train station and walk to it. There's plenty of housing around the Victoria St. area. Close to Lord Lurgan Park and a short walk from the town centre while you're at it. The Lough Rd. is a good spot. Me and the missus stay in the Derry Lodge B&B any time we're visiting family now.

Dunno how long you have been away but Victoria Street is definitely not an advisable place to live these days.

How about Albert St. and the like? What's gone wrong with Victoria Street? I had a lot of mates living there when I was at school and it wasn't a bad place.

Lived in the Lough Road/Victoria St area myself growing up.  Take your life in your hands walking down Victoria Street or Albert Street late at night now! 

Admittedly I can't speak for Albert street but this is complete nonsense in regards to Victoria street

JimStynes

Too many shinies like G's man moving out to good country areas like Aghagallon.

The Gs Man

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 28, 2019, 01:03:50 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on May 28, 2019, 11:50:34 AM

Admittedly I can't speak for Albert street but this is complete nonsense in regards to Victoria street

Ok, slight exaggeration, but I'm more basing it on the offshoots of Victoria St like Princess Street and Woodville St etc.....
Keep 'er lit

general_lee

Back up again, wonder how long it will last this time  ::)

Don Johnson

New ice cream cafe opening soon enough in Lurgan...  :o

Rois

And I'm back in the race - have a booking deposit paid on a different house, location not as nice but good house.

lurganblue

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 02, 2019, 08:58:38 AM

Correct. Hope it goes well for them  ;D

Quote from: Rois on July 02, 2019, 09:01:10 AM
And I'm back in the race - have a booking deposit paid on a different house, location not as nice but good house.

Welcome! We're not all bad.

illdecide

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 02, 2019, 08:58:38 AM

Opened yesterday, was total mad. Never seen anything like it, the queue out the door was unreal. Quality stuff there ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Gs Man

Declare an interest!  ;)
Keep 'er lit

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Don Johnson

Had my first Cafolla Joes there, tasty stuff.