Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogieman

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 06, 2016, 07:19:07 PM
Corrigan is the place....Sun 16th at 3....poor viewing and loss ov revenue.....but a plus for Cargin who havent lost there for years.

Poor game in glenavy
Poor game in ahoghill
Maybe and probably poor game in corrigan
Best ground there is, sure the county team plays there
From what I saw in both, Cargin by a few
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogieman on October 06, 2016, 10:44:23 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 06, 2016, 07:19:07 PM
Corrigan is the place....Sun 16th at 3....poor viewing and loss ov revenue.....but a plus for Cargin who havent lost there for years.

Poor game in glenavy
Poor game in ahoghill
Maybe and probably poor game in corrigan
Best ground there is, sure the county team plays there
From what I saw in both, Cargin by a few

Yeah Cargin huge favourites based on our previous game last year and our two games in Championship... I'm hoping Cargin have one of those games where things don't work for them and we click...

Us by two
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Both teams 5/6 with paddy power. A draw not out of the question.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

reddog

St galls experience told in the end. Must say im at odds with the notion of 14 men behind the ball win the Lamhs hit 10 wides in the first half. Lamhs need to make sure they dont waste the opportunity to win one. But the last 2 years they have been handcuffed. Last year they lost Michael Hynes to study, Ryan Stranney, Declan Stranney and Terry Mccrudden to operations whilst Paddy Cunningham and Ryan Murray played whilst injured as did Declan Lynch who got a double hip operation shortly after. On wednesday they were missing Paddy Cunningham whilst Declan Stranney is suffering from complications to his surgery and Michael Hynes was unavailable as was Marc Jordan. Ryan Murray despite his efforts was also injured.It was Ryan Stranneys first game in 18 months So would judge them better when at full tilt as its hard to gauge where they are at. As for the final cargin need to make sure they get a good start and not let galls play the game on their terms. Also it must be noted that it was 2 of the unsong lads who turned the game. Brendan Bradley won three or four frees from running at lamhs whereas Mark Kelly won 4 break balls from kickouts at crucial times. One last note you could hear cargin men moaning that the ref gave some soft calls to st galls. The bigger teams in general do get those calls but he also gave 3 penalties against the lamhs in last years final. Thoughts?

Points a Good Score

Quote from: reddog on October 07, 2016, 11:26:21 AM
St galls experience told in the end. Must say im at odds with the notion of 14 men behind the ball win the Lamhs hit 10 wides in the first half. Lamhs need to make sure they dont waste the opportunity to win one. But the last 2 years they have been handcuffed. Last year they lost Michael Hynes to study, Ryan Stranney, Declan Stranney and Terry Mccrudden to operations whilst Paddy Cunningham and Ryan Murray played whilst injured as did Declan Lynch who got a double hip operation shortly after. On wednesday they were missing Paddy Cunningham whilst Declan Stranney is suffering from complications to his surgery and Michael Hynes was unavailable as was Marc Jordan. Ryan Murray despite his efforts was also injured.It was Ryan Stranneys first game in 18 months So would judge them better when at full tilt as its hard to gauge where they are at. As for the final cargin need to make sure they get a good start and not let galls play the game on their terms. Also it must be noted that it was 2 of the unsong lads who turned the game. Brendan Bradley won three or four frees from running at lamhs whereas Mark Kelly won 4 break balls from kickouts at crucial times. One last note you could hear cargin men moaning that the ref gave some soft calls to st galls. The bigger teams in general do get those calls but he also gave 3 penalties against the lamhs in last years final. Thoughts?

On the refereeing and the Cargin men moaning, may it have been due to the fact they would have rather played Lamh Dhearg in the final? Id disagree with the sentiments of the big teams getting the big calls, St Galls were screaming for a penalty in the first half that the referee waved away, if it was a case of big tems getting the calls surely he'd have given it. As for last year and giving three penalties if you give 2 penalties and another foul occurs in the square should you not give another penalty because you have already given two before?

country bumpkin

Cargin do look forward to meeting Galls in the final, rather than the Hannahstown.
They do have a monkey on their back and look to getting rid of the same.
St Galls are a fine team but they are most certainly on the wane and a few within the ranks look out of sorts in the semi struggling to get past a side short on personnel.....and indeed needing a couple of debateable calls to get over the line.
Of course our boys may well fall flat on their faces, but Galls really depend on this rather than their supremacy if they are to prevail
Cargin with the JB factor to gain the day on a pitch they fancy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 07, 2016, 03:51:36 PM
Cargin do look forward to meeting Galls in the final, rather than the Hannahstown.
St Galls are a fine team but they are most certainly on the wane and a few within the ranks look out of sorts in the semi struggling to get past a side short on personnel.....and indeed needing a couple of debateable calls to get over the line.
Of course our boys may well fall flat on their faces, but Galls really depend on this rather than their supremacy if they are to prevail
E
Missing players?? All teams miss players that will make a difference ffs!! If we'd a fully fit operational team I'd say we'd beat Cargin, we don't have Aidso or cj  or Terry O'Neill !! Cargin have a hoodoo to get over and at 5/6 that is a super bet, for who?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

As u say MR2...Aidso and T O Neill would make addition but being outa the country (AG) ang (long term injury) T O N sure gand at around 34 apiece......well?
Think I saw CJ kick a few frees.

country bumpkin

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 08, 2016, 09:54:56 AM
As u say MR2...Aidso and T O Neill would make addition but being outa the country (AG) ang (long term injury) T O N sure gand at around 34 apiece......well?
Think I saw CJ kick a few frees.

bannside

Aidan Gallagher a very fit 31or 32 (max) year old. A year younger than Michael Magill. Gallagher showed plenty against Casements in the first round. I was expecting him to play some part against LD. Must be unable to commit to training etc in term time, but far from finished as far as ability goes.

Minder

Quote from: bannside on October 08, 2016, 11:42:01 AM
Aidan Gallagher a very fit 31or 32 (max) year old. A year younger than Michael Magill. Gallagher showed plenty against Casements in the first round. I was expecting him to play some part against LD. Must be unable to commit to training etc in term time, but far from finished as far as ability goes.

I would have had him older than 31/32
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bannside

He will be 33 sometime during 2017. Born in 1984. Was a final year county minor with Micko Herron, Sean Mc Veigh, Paul Doherty etc.

reddog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2016, 02:15:00 AM
E
Missing players?? All teams miss players that will make a difference ffs!! If we'd a fully fit operational team I'd say we'd beat Cargin, we don't have Aidso or cj  or Terry O'Neill !! Cargin have a hoodoo to get over and at 5/6 that is a super bet, for who?

As i say st galls can say they are missing terry and aidso who are two class acts. But a team like that should be able to cope with that. I would imagine losing paddy cunningham, mark jordan, declan stranney and michael hynes would surely effect the lamhs more? I cant call final

Milltown Row2

Quote from: reddog on October 08, 2016, 05:17:04 PM
E

As i say st galls can say they are missing terry and aidso who are two class acts. But a team like that should be able to cope with that. I would imagine losing paddy cunningham, mark jordan, declan stranney and michael hynes would surely effect the lamhs more? I cant call final

Probably, would you not be of an opinion had Lamhs went at St Galls from the start they would have won?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2016, 05:29:20 PM
Quote from: reddog on October 08, 2016, 05:17:04 PM
E

Probably, would you not be of an opinion had Lamhs went at St Galls from the start they would have won?

I don't often agree with you MR2 but you are spot on. St Galls struggled with Nugent and Murray in the 1st half when Lamh Dhearg kicked the ball into them. They should of taken the shackles off and went for it.