Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 01, 2016, 11:38:15 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 01, 2016, 11:28:45 PM
SIE
ARGUING WITH YOU
it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good you are at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious.

You ranted for two years about the then hurling set up. All your suggestions came to fruition
Your a lost cause me thinks
The then manager was a joke. I stick by what I posted. Like I've told you ad nauseum I know what Ryan did. Like I also said before, you're obsessed and somewhat frightening with your devotion to him. And yes Kevin ryan was there for 3 years. PJ had more league wins in his short time in charge though.  ;)

Both reigns are over. I'm moving on. I suggest you do. It'll be good for you.

There you go again let's move on
This latest exchange was initiated by yourself today mentioning Kevin Ryan fans
What an idiotic statement
You got your dream set up and it's all gone up in smoke
and  stop repeating that I Know what he did last summer
You sound like a bad teen movie
You put up and shut up and we can move on
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

reddog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2016, 11:46:09 PM
You must have some love in here......you don't defend yourself with a dirty Joe strike, am I clear on that?? No one will defend those actions, ever, that's simple enough for you to understand?? I would never defend the actions of our players doing same thing, end of......

I spoke to one lad who got red carded, he deserved it for his actions, job done!! Move on and stop defending the indefensible please
[/qu

You are entitled to an opinion, but 'am I clear on that' and 'that's simple enough for you to understand' , please don't talk to anyone never mind me like that. You are just someone posting an opinion like the rest of us. Because you come from ng doesn't make you better, although that does seem to be the attitude at milltown. Talk to people not down to them.

Re the management the executive have a massive job on their hands. My view is that we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We have the time for a new executive in cooperation with the clubs to conduct a root and branch review of hurling in antrim. Not just at senior level for there seems to be a lack of identity and structure permeating right down to the development squads. Lets also use Justin McCarthys knowledge whilst we can for some suggestions. Let the players go to the clubs. Let the u21s step up now and use train twice weekly and use c ring as build up for the u21. Gavan Duffy and Paul Graham should remain and get someone to oversee it be it Justin himself or perhaps Aidan Hamill or Seamus Elliott

Re the betting, Im angry as well and at one stage was for treating them akin to the Salem witches. But what I must say is that we have seen the damage  gambling addictions can have. Find out why these lads did it. Are they struggling etc and see can we get them help. Tyrone never turned their back on Cathal McCarron so my view would be to see if there are problems and then deal with it. Thoughts??

NAG1

Quote from: reddog on April 02, 2016, 01:04:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2016, 11:46:09 PM
You must have some love in here......you don't defend yourself with a dirty Joe strike, am I clear on that?? No one will defend those actions, ever, that's simple enough for you to understand?? I would never defend the actions of our players doing same thing, end of......

I spoke to one lad who got red carded, he deserved it for his actions, job done!! Move on and stop defending the indefensible please
[/qu

You are entitled to an opinion, but 'am I clear on that' and 'that's simple enough for you to understand' , please don't talk to anyone never mind me like that. You are just someone posting an opinion like the rest of us. Because you come from ng doesn't make you better, although that does seem to be the attitude at milltown. Talk to people not down to them.

Re the management the executive have a massive job on their hands. My view is that we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We have the time for a new executive in cooperation with the clubs to conduct a root and branch review of hurling in antrim. Not just at senior level for there seems to be a lack of identity and structure permeating right down to the development squads. Lets also use Justin McCarthys knowledge whilst we can for some suggestions. Let the players go to the clubs. Let the u21s step up now and use train twice weekly and use c ring as build up for the u21. Gavan Duffy and Paul Graham should remain and get someone to oversee it be it Justin himself or perhaps Aidan Hamill or Seamus Elliott
Re the betting, Im angry as well and at one stage was for treating them akin to the Salem witches. Buy what I must say is that we have seen the damage  gambling addictions can have. Find out why these lads did it. Are they struggling etc and see can we get them help. Tyrone never turned their back on Cathal McCarron so my view would be to see if there are problems and then deal with it. Thoughts??

Wtf

NAG1

Seriously are you for real?

reddog

Quote from: NAG1 on April 02, 2016, 01:18:23 AM
Seriously are yout for real?

You don't have issue with me posting on antrim hurling now do you. its simply an opinion

theskull1

Didn't put you down as a liberal Reddog

As far as I'm aware CMcC didn't bet against his team. Do you want 'it's a knockout jokers' for these lads or what?

Not saying they mightnt need help but these behaviours can't be allowed to be given the by ball from an association point of view. A price needs to be paid if the values of the GAA is to continue to have any relevance in the way we support our communities.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

themac_23

The cathal McCarron situation is nothing even close to what went on with the antrim hurlers.

paddyjohn

The Antrim Hurlers can't be mentioned in the same way as Cathal McCarron.

Maybe is because of who is in involved RedDog wants it swept under the carpet. Those who are guilty should be suspended from both club and county.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 02, 2016, 08:03:11 AM

Maybe is because of who is in involved RedDog wants it swept under the carpet. Those who are guilty should be suspended from both club and county.

Possibly the real answer there PJ
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2016, 08:11:02 AM

Now come on lads RedDog would never try and defend the indefensible for personal reasons

cfclg

Quote from: MoChara on April 02, 2016, 08:46:58 AM

Now come on lads RedDog would never try and defend the indefensible for personal reasons

Maybe it was the Dog himself in William Hill placing big money on a London victory...........

cfclg

My take on all this:
PJ had to resign due to couple of incidents involving drink which no county manager should find themselves. End of, no excuses. He obviously has some issues he needs to address. Just a shame as his tenure promised to offer so much.

The fellas that bet against us. Simple one for me. Lifetime ban from playing for our county and at least a year long ban from their clubs (both codes). They add nothing to what we are trying to achieve. County board need to make examples of these arseholes.

paddyjohn

Quote from: cfclg on April 02, 2016, 09:37:28 AM
Quote from: MoChara on April 02, 2016, 08:46:58 AM

Maybe it was the Dog himself in William Hill placing big money on a London victory...........
[/quote

Can of worms opened there!

theskull1

Post from the hoganstand a week ago. Haven't heard the names myself but this something the executive need to deal with properly if they want to ensure their credibility.

First big (big) test for the new county executive and some involved are very close to home for said individuals. I'm sure they really could have done without this 3 to 4 months into the job, but the eyes are watching.........

bricktop (Down) - Posts:1307 - 25/03/2016 10:33:28   1837533
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera