Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdyok

JimStynes

Was anyone in Glenavy to witness that complete hammering today?

breakingball

Yip, very poor.

Starting with the keeper... surely we have more than 1 in the whole county?

Playing 2 sweepers. Very negative and defensive but still shipping 2.8 in first quarter.

Armagh were more aggressive in the tackle and won near all the individual battles all over the park.

Game was over after 15 mins which made the 2nd half a non-event. A last minute goal put a respectable gloss on the score.

Quote from: JimStynes on January 06, 2019, 08:55:48 PM
Was anyone in Glenavy to witness that complete hammering today?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 06, 2019, 05:53:24 PM
No doubt there will b one or two but can't think of any. Seems to b rife in SW

Who is there is the SW?

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 07, 2019, 09:17:35 AM

Who is there is the SW?
off the top of my head Cargin Creggan pg1 aghagallon glenavy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 07, 2019, 10:48:03 AM

Who is there is the SW?

You left out St Endas  ;) 

depending on how wel they do that will be a Belfast club or a SW one  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2019, 10:51:51 AM

Who is there is the SW?

How many players transferred between the Belfast clubs. Always seemed to b rile in Belfast.  Not as much in the SW

belfastsaff

Who is there is the SW?

Cargin and creggan paying around the 20k figure to  :-X

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kickham csc on January 07, 2019, 11:45:55 AM

Who is there is the SW?

How many players transferred between the Belfast clubs. Always seemed to b rile in Belfast.  Not as much in the SW

Belfast and Dublin would be more open to this type of stuff to be fair.. would be down to mainly (in my view) fall outs between players committiee men and so on, chasing medals would be lower end stuff TBH.. when you have as many clubs in Belfast within a small area that gives people choice unfortunately, the sticking to one club may not suit everyone, parish clubs are completly different and most clubs in Belfast would love that but not many people always live within thier parish as such, if they do then after they get married they move out of that area in most cases..

I lived less than half a mile from Naomh Gall, but half a mile the other direction was the lower Falls clubs and I passed O'donnell's and Corrigan before hitting the club.. In Belfast it's generally made up of kids that went to a certain primary school (St Galls, St Finians for instance) and that paved the way to join a club. the other and biggest factor was always being associated with a family that was in the club and that was the natural progression and would be the main factor to our recruitment.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2019, 12:32:10 PM

Who is there is the SW?

Belfast and Dublin would be more open to this type of stuff to be fair.. would be down to mainly (in my view) fall outs between players committiee men and so on, chasing medals would be lower end stuff TBH.. when you have as many clubs in Belfast within a small area that gives people choice unfortunately, the sticking to one club may not suit everyone, parish clubs are completly different and most clubs in Belfast would love that but not many people always live within thier parish as such, if they do then after they get married they move out of that area in most cases..

I lived less than half a mile from Naomh Gall, but half a mile the other direction was the lower Falls clubs and I passed O'donnell's and Corrigan before hitting the club.. In Belfast it's generally made up of kids that went to a certain primary school (St Galls, St Finians for instance) and that paved the way to join a club. the other and biggest factor was always being associated with a family that was in the club and that was the natural progression and would be the main factor to our recruitment.

How'd Mickey Pollock end up at St Galls?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 07, 2019, 12:58:31 PM

Who is there is the SW?

I've no idea. Like asking how did Magill end up leaving Tir Na Og.. Like i said in my post there are various factors.. take one

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2019, 01:32:55 PM

Who is there is the SW?

I've no idea. Like asking how did Magill end up leaving Tir Na Og.. Like i said in my post there are various factors.. take one

Relax kid. Stop taking it so personal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 07, 2019, 02:37:46 PM

Who is there is the SW?

I didnt as I'm not MP.. I gave factors but you thought you'd try and be funny  :D

Belfast GAA man

Its inevitable that some clubs, due to a lack of experience/expertise, will have to get someone in to help their club.

But we don't want to turn the club game into the county game - teams with the most money - Dublin - are winning all round them with pockets full of money to keep it going....

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2019, 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 07, 2019, 02:37:46 PM

Who is there is the SW?

I didnt as I'm not MP.. I gave factors but you thought you'd try and be funny  :D

I wasn't trying to be funny! I was asking a simple question.