New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: illdecide on February 16, 2016, 12:58:15 PM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 16, 2016, 12:55:02 PM
Quote from: Beffs on February 15, 2016, 12:23:50 AM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 12, 2016, 06:44:07 PM
The problem with ONeills jerseys for me is all the sponsors logos are the central theme of the shirt. It takes away from the county crest and color. I liked the retro jerseys best these "nascar" styled shirts are way too tacky. Less is more.

Very few companies would be willing to part with big bucks to sponsor an inter county team, if their logo wasn't clearly visible on the front of the jersey. It's a form of advertising for them. If it's made smaller and relegated to a part of the jersey, that you have to strain your eyes to see it, then what's the point, from a commercial point of view?

I have no problem with the players having the sponsorship logo on their jerseys. I just think supporters shirts should have the option of wither they want a sponsors logo on their shirts or not. I actually like the McKeever shirts from the GAA store because of the simplicity of the shirts.

Is that you Paidi :D

Nope. Im actually ordering a team strip at the moment with O Neills. I think their material has really improved its just the sponsors logos i have a problem with for supporters.

themac_23

Just looked at the run down list some cracking jerseys there, personally i think Antrims is one of the best but that might be biased! lol. Just seen the article about Dublin maybe changing from O'Neills, would this be good for the GAA having the biggest team in the country with another supplier? equally, would it be a downfall for O'Neills in that with more competition they wouldn't have the market cornered as much as they do? i like oneills gear but i find it very over priced and very little unique to each team/ county.

Just one other thing I asked O Neills to  replace the new GAA logo(which is pure an utter mingin) with the traditional Celtic cross and they weren't allowed to do it.  GAA is very controlling, its a side of the organization I don't like. BTW this was only for our own team.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 16, 2016, 03:12:54 PM
Just one other thing I asked O Neills to  replace the new GAA logo(which is pure an utter mingin) with the traditional Celtic cross and they weren't allowed to do it.  GAA is very controlling, its a side of the organization I don't like. BTW this was only for our own team.
they have regulations on size of sponsor on front and back
number of logos allowed on front or back

more rules than a communist state

Croí na hÉireann

Dublin staying with O'Neills for another 3 years anyway.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Asal Mor

I have no problem with the players having the sponsorship logo on their jerseys. I just think supporters shirts should have the option of wither they want a sponsors logo on their shirts or not. I actually like the McKeever shirts from the GAA store because of the simplicity of the shirts.
I strongly agree with this. The sponsor's logo is an eyesore on most jerseys. It would stop me from buying one.

muppet

Why put the map of the county on the back?

I love the way Ballaghderreen is folded over.  ;D

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 16, 2016, 11:17:02 PM
I strongly agree with this. The sponsor's logo is an eyesore on most jerseys. It would stop me from buying one.

Good luck with the peanuts you'd get for sponsorships so lads.

sligoman2

Were New Yorks New Jerseys made in New Hampshire?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

seafoid

Yesterday was Donegal day in Galway and the town was swarming with Donegal jerseys

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on February 17, 2016, 10:26:38 AM
Yesterday was Donegal day in Galway and the town was swarming with Donegal jerseys

Galway Rag week lad. Donegal wans from all over head to Galway for Donegal Tuesday. It's Donegal Tuesday next week for Rag week in Sligo too.

This our clubs new jerseys.

armaghniac

What's the story with the Armagh jerseys? Short sleeved jersies with some players wearing a sort of sleeve?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

That's just under armour surely? The lad with the white sleeves you mean?