Liverpool fans the worst in Europe - Official!

Started by SouthArmaghBandit, June 04, 2007, 07:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Gaillards comments were ill advised, inflammatory and given the current climate changes downright dangerous
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

Anyone see the judgement on the inquiry into West Ham?? They've been fined 5.5 million and the registration of Tevez is terminated. Does that mean he is available on a free????

mooncatiii

where they not already fined 5.5 million? i thought his contract had been cancelled during the season but they re-signed him again before the wigan game
shazam

AZOffaly

Ah. Maybe I'm a hundred miles behind mooncat. I was looking for next seasons fixtures on the FAPL site, and saw this statement. It could be old. Sure I suppose that's why Sheff Utd were talking about lawsuits.

Ignore my last post. :D

mooncatiii

:D
yea they want a point deduction instead of a fine!  sour grapes i think on their behalf!

but if it does happen and west ham go down Tevez will be goin cheap neway, either way he has to be a target of rafa's
shazam

Norf Tyrone

Guillard should've resigned when he called Mourinho 'the enemy of football', even though Jose- in this instance- was right. Regardless no UEFA official should refer to any member of it's organisation as that.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

deiseach

I think the title of this thread needs changing . . .

Liverpool had been furious at Uefa spokesman William Gaillard's criticism of their fans after he said that made them the worst in Europe.

[Michel] Platini retracted that statement, saying: "Not they are not. It's official, they aren't the worst behaved in Europe."

William Gaillard being hung out to dry by Uefa - Official!

Over the Bar

Poor choice of words indeed. I know Liverpool fans from Armagh who are actiually OK other than liking the odd bottle of Buckfast. 

What Galliard should actually of said is "Scouse Liverpool fans are cockroaches who will rob from the weak and the poor to further their own end." 

Over the Bar

QuoteIts always good to get the opinion of readers of The Sun.

Well let's face it.  It was hardly the Liverpool fans from Armagh or Derry who stole the tickets out of the kids hands!  Scouse Liverpool fans have been at this sort of stuff for years.  The portable cash machine outside Whitehart lane is only removed once per year and that's when Liverpool play there.  Strange but true!

J70

Quote from: SammyG on June 05, 2007, 02:53:11 PM
Quote from: full back on June 05, 2007, 01:25:10 PM
I think a lot of people are missing the point here
The report is an independent one - Gaillard didnt do it - he is simply reporting what it says
It was carried out by people acting undercover & followed fans from around 2003

And the report doesn't make any claims that Liverpool (or anybody else) are the worst supporters, that was a phrase made up by Galliard to cover his own arse and which he has since backtracked on. The report is simply a list of incidents, from various European matches and includes such hideous 'crimes' as urinating in public and even nicking the official UEFA flags, which Galliard has since admitted all teams do, not just Liverpool.

Urinating in public! Stealing official UEFA flags!

Despite these traumas however, I'm sure the numerous places Liverpool have visited since 2003 are doing their best in the slow processes of restoring their towns and cities to their former glory!

Seriously though, is there anything in the report to support Gaillard's comments?

J70

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 05, 2007, 10:55:17 PM
QuoteIts always good to get the opinion of readers of The Sun.

Well let's face it.  It was hardly the Liverpool fans from Armagh or Derry who stole the tickets out of the kids hands!  Scouse Liverpool fans have been at this sort of stuff for years.  The portable cash machine outside Whitehart lane is only removed once per year and that's when Liverpool play there.  Strange but true!

Is that really true? You didn't just read that on Red Cafe or Football 365? Or make it up?

In that case you should have no bother pointing us to a legitimate source.

mooncatiii

so contrary to another thread that says liverpool are the worst behaved fans in europe, uefa president Michael Platini has been quoted in todays news as sayin

"No they are not the worst behaved in Europe," said Platini. "It's official, they are not the worst behaved."

"This is an old story. We know about this, it is just that more English fans follow their clubs than those from other countries.

"It is not as if one set of fans are good or one set bad. This is not the question in the end. We cannot go around saying that."

so for all the mancs that jumped on the bandwagon and started slaggin of liverpool supporters, jus use stick to your prawn sandwichs cos u only dream of creating types of atmosphere liverpool supporters create week in week out
shazam

mooncatiii

shazam

stephenite

And you couldn't keep it to the one thread? ???

Hank Everlast

Good to see, bet it doesnt get as much publicity as the worst fans statement did!