The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedley Lamarr

Get the Xmas money...back the All Blacks minus the h'cap 8)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

screenexile

Watched the England game instead of that muck we were involved with. . . .I have a feeling that my first Irish Rugby experience next week will be a sobering one but I am still very excited to see the ABs.

Anyway England are shaping up to be a decent side. Their performance today was immense, it's like the more we regress the more they progress. They look like they could do damage in the 6N and possibly mount a challenge for the WC too. I have no idea where we go from here to be honest. With nothing of any significance breaking through it looks like we will struggle for a while!!

Hoof Hearted

Agree screenexile, i watch a lot of rugby, especially the English Premiership and Heineken Cup so i'm very familiar with all these players. Chris Ashton is a player that a lot of people wont have heard of but he is a class act, the try he scored today from near his own try line was amazing. Will be one of the top of players in this years 6N along with his Northampton clubmates courtney Lawes and Ben Foden. Throw in Ben Youngs from Leicester into that mix too.

Yer man Foden goes out with your doll from The Saturdays, Una Healy, from Tipp i think, no wonder he is always running about grinning from ear to ear !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Capt Pat

In fairness the Australian scrum is nothing short of disastrous and that is the bedrock of a teams challenge. They are a good team and can get away with it some times but until they sort out that area of the team they will always be in danger of getting pushed aside by the top teams.

I didn't see the game, Was the Aussie scrum pushed around the place?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 13, 2010, 10:15:01 PM
In fairness the Australian scrum is nothing short of disastrous and that is the bedrock of a teams challenge. They are a good team and can get away with it some times but until they sort out that area of the team they will always be in danger of getting pushed aside by the top teams.

I didn't see the game, Was the Aussie scrum pushed around the place?

no more than the irish front row was.

Celt_Man

What a load of shite today... scrum was embarrassing at times... and for those who thought O'Gara was the answer...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

magpie seanie

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 14, 2010, 12:39:38 AM
What a load of shite today... scrum was embarrassing at times... and for those who thought O'Gara was the answer...

I am an O'Gara fan but our problems are not at 10. Luckily we have 2 good 10's. We have nothing in the front 5 and a blind man or a man like me who knows feck all about rugby can see that.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 13, 2010, 10:06:50 PM
Agree screenexile, i watch a lot of rugby, especially the English Premiership and Heineken Cup so i'm very familiar with all these players. Chris Ashton is a player that a lot of people wont have heard of but he is a class act, the try he scored today from near his own try line was amazing. Will be one of the top of players in this years 6N along with his Northampton clubmates courtney Lawes and Ben Foden. Throw in Ben Youngs from Leicester into that mix too.

Yer man Foden goes out with your doll from The Saturdays, Una Healy, from Tipp i think, no wonder he is always running about grinning from ear to ear !!

Thye wont trouble the top 2 until they find some centres. However they will muller us in the 6 Nations.

No point in lamenting how bad we were yesterday. Its all been said

Bord na Mona man

At least a New Zealand cakewalk and Scotland and a bad Irish show gives Ireland the ideal run into next week.

Its time to get back to basics. Forget about golden generations, complex gameplans, forensic analysis. We need to go back to the old Irish ways of the amateur days - boot, bite, bollock. Tear into the New Zealanders from the off. Hoof and chase, every dropping garryowen accompanied by a hale of flying Irish fists and boots. Fly into an early lead and run out of steam in the second half. At least the crowd would get their money's worth.

Celt_Man

Looking forward to Munster v the aussies tonight.  would expect a big performance from Australia having been beat at the weekend and surprisely Munster have a great record in this fixture - think it's 3 wins and a draw out of 5 games.  Live on RTÉ Two from half 7

Hoof Hearted

Strong(ish) looking Munster line-up

Celt_Man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 16, 2010, 08:18:32 PM

Same about the Aussie... Brutal conditions but great start so far... Munster doing well against a gale!!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 16, 2010, 08:20:03 PM

Same about the Aussie... Brutal conditions but great start so far... Munster doing well against a gale!!

aye Munsters kicks are coming straight back to them, and even past them !!

ah, bad footballing skills there from Earls denied him a try

BTW celt man, your signature is a bit out-dated :D :D

Celt_Man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 16, 2010, 08:24:24 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 16, 2010, 08:20:03 PM

aye Munsters kicks are coming straight back to them, and even past them !!

ah, bad footballing skills there from Earls denied him a try

BTW celt man, your signature is a bit out-dated :D :D

Ahh looking at the replays, he was unlucky - the ball hopped up just as he kicked it headin for the line....

Great terriority and pressue from Munster here...

Ha!!  ;D

Celt_Man

It could all kick off here yet....