The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: gawa316 on November 28, 2009, 06:09:02 PM
What's the craic with all the handlebar moustaches?

The commentary said its to do with fundraising for Movember, a prostate cancer charity. Great cause and one that affects alot of people. Fair play to all. Basically I think it involves not shaving for the month or something like that.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

muppet

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 28, 2009, 06:16:25 PM

The commentary said its to do with fundraising for Movember, a prostate cancer charity. Great cause and one that affects alot of people. Fair play to all. Basically I think it involves not shaving for the month or something like that.

That's in the South, up North it is not washing for a month. Well supported too.
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

Quote from: muppet on November 28, 2009, 06:27:08 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 28, 2009, 06:16:25 PM

That's in the South, up North it is not washing for a month. Well supported too.

That's the traditional attempt. However the abundance of water in the South lately made such a commitment impossible for many so they dont shave instead.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Hardy

Watched it on BBC (Ryle gives me a pain in my ryle Irish arse) and Butler and Mathews agreed it was the best refereeing performance of the Autumn series. So there y'are.

I don't agree with those who think there's too much kicking in the game. The more kicking the better in a game with "football" in its name, as far as I'm concerned. Especially since they've removed the stupidity that lets you gain from belting the ball off the field (except for penalties). Good positional kicking is interesting to watch, I think, though I don't get the persistent use of the box kick - concedes possession practically 100% of the time, for very little, if any, positional gain.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

omagh_gael

Quote from: Hardy on November 28, 2009, 07:22:16 PM
Watched it on BBC (Ryle gives me a pain in my ryle Irish arse) and Butler and Mathews agreed it was the best refereeing performance of the Autumn series. So there y'are.

I don't agree with those who think there's too much kicking in the game. The more kicking the better in a game with "football" in its name, as far as I'm concerned. Especially since they've removed the stupidity that lets you gain from belting the ball off the field (except for penalties). Good positional kicking is interesting to watch, I think, though I don't get the persistent use of the box kick - concedes possession practically 100% of the time, for very little, if any, positional gain.

Interesting that George Hook gave him an awful bashing! A part from the glaring miss of the high tackle on Bowe and the offside that followed I didn't think he was too bad.

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on November 28, 2009, 07:53:56 PM
Quote from: CountyGK on November 28, 2009, 07:15:57 PM
hi im simon ba

Hi welcome to the board. Something tells me you are from Roscommon?
Buggered unconscious just before he could finish the sentence.

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on November 28, 2009, 08:42:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 28, 2009, 07:53:56 PM
Quote from: CountyGK on November 28, 2009, 07:15:57 PM
hi im simon ba

Hi welcome to the board. Something tells me you are from Roscommon?
Buggered unconscious just before he could finish the sentence.

Thanks for shearing that with us.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Typical Springbok tackle today. Ref unsighted so high tackle. Touch judges picked up a couple of these but missed most of them.
MWWSI 2017

Hoof Hearted

good to see France getting beat tonight. not that i have anything great love for the all blacks, but i thought France were looking good recently. If Ireland can keep their heads and injury free, i have a feeling that that game in Paris on the 2nd weekend of the 6N could be a title decider. they are better then England and should win, even in Twickenham, and home advantage should see us home in the other 3.

Sportsmen in the UK get knighthoods and MBE's for fcuk all. Whats the equivelant down south. Whatever it is, BOD should get one. The most complete player of the last decade anywhere in the world. Hope he wins the IRB player of 2009 award shortly.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

5 Sams

I'm a total philistine when it comes to the egg chasing lads but O'Driscoll's tackle at the end was unreal. Is he the best in the world in his position??? Every time I watch the team play he comes up with something special
The Aristocrat Years

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 28, 2009, 10:58:34 PM
good to see France getting beat tonight. not that i have anything great love for the all blacks, but i thought France were looking good recently. If Ireland can keep their heads and injury free, i have a feeling that that game in Paris on the 2nd weekend of the 6N could be a title decider. they are better then England and should win, even in Twickenham, and home advantage should see us home in the other 3.

Sportsmen in the UK get knighthoods and MBE's for fcuk all. Whats the equivelant down south. Whatever it is, BOD should get one. The most complete player of the last decade anywhere in the world. Hope he wins the IRB player of 2009 award shortly.

McCaw won it.  :-\

Kidney won the coach of the year award though. 
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

CountyGK

lads sorry about that last nite, it wasnt me, it was one of my mates messin about hacking into my account!!

good win yesterday for ireland though, sexton very good from placed balls, any news on wallace's or ferris' injuries

and no, im not from roscommon!

stephenite

Probably charity fundraising for Movember