The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unforgiven

Quote from: full back on June 01, 2008, 09:56:53 PM
Is she really that class hardstation or is it she stands out because she is surrounded by a bunch of ugly fcukers?

Camilla would stand out on the Sunday Game

Don't ever call anthony ugly! >:(

full back

Im not saying she is ugly, but she isnt that good looking

From the Bunker

That overhead Camera angle is a bit freaky, can't see the point unless you want to know who has a Bald Patch.

Maguire01

Quote from: full back on June 01, 2008, 09:47:45 PM
Big Anthony isnt going to hang Fergal Doc - he reckons it was more a get out of the way slap :D

Seriously biased from Tohill in the studio - lacks credibility. You can't say McQuaid should go one week and then dismiss Doherty's effort because it was 'at the lower end of the scale'.

Bensars

Ahh maguire ffs,  it was an ambush.

I watched the whole game and it was a minor incident

Maguire01

But it was a strike.  If it hadn't been a Derry man, Tohill would have had no problem calling it as it was.  I'm not saying it was a deadly serious assault, but his inability/unwillingness to acknowledge it was poor form. He sounded like a politician.

off the laces

Quote from: full back on June 01, 2008, 10:17:40 PM
FB you must have some looker onyour arm, Joanne is pure creme de la creme!!!
Keeps 'er' straight

Billys Boots

QuoteIf it hadn't been a Derry man, Tohill would have had no problem calling it as it was.

Brolly didn't call it as it was either - what's the point in having these gombeens on telly spending our licence fees unless they're honest?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

What's your problem? Did Tohill admit it was striking? Yes he did. Basically he said it wasn't much of a punch but he admitted it was a punch on the lower end of the striking scale. Doherty deserves to get a month for striking and that should be the end of it. I don't see what all the fuss is over. In fairness I didn't hear Brolly yesterday but I think he was trying to defend the indefensible "Doherty's not that type of player, blah blah blah". In fairness he's not usually one to strike out but he did and deserves his month.

Billys Boots

QuoteDoherty deserves to get a month for striking and that should be the end of it. I don't see what all the fuss is over.

I agree, I don't think it should be glossed over (as something insignificant) or talked up (as the new holocaust), but Tohill shouldn't have tried to defend his fellow countyman in the very awkward fashion that he did.  He seemed like he didn't want to be getting a slagging down the pub at home about it.

cavanmaniac

Tohill went around the houses trying to introduce a grey area - the Doherty offence was "at the lower end of the scale" he offered, along with other such GAA euphemisms emplyed to circumvent the rules etc. - when the rule states, as pointed out by Davis in fairness to him, that striking or attempting to strike warrants an immediate red card.

15 minutes later, Tohill is analysing the penalty incident or some other such matter and he starts banging on about how "technically, and by the letter of the law" it was a correct decision.

And nobody in the studio pulled him up over it.

Billys Boots

QuoteAnd nobody in the studio pulled him up over it.

But it seemed to be what most of us 'neutrals' were thinking, immediately.

Minder

Quote from: off the laces on June 02, 2008, 10:19:10 AM
Quote from: full back on June 01, 2008, 10:17:40 PM
FB you must have some looker onyour arm, Joanne is pure creme de la creme!!!

I am with FB on this one, she is ok, nothing special. If you walked down the street in any town you would see ten better looking women within five minutes. Its because she is on the same set as some of those other beasts like Spillane and Mc Stay that she stands out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the green man

That other blade, Ni Chullin(?), she's better.

Maguire01

Quote from: screenexile on June 02, 2008, 10:29:48 AM
What's your problem? Did Tohill admit it was striking? Yes he did. Basically he said it wasn't much of a punch but he admitted it was a punch on the lower end of the striking scale. Doherty deserves to get a month for striking and that should be the end of it. I don't see what all the fuss is over.

Yes, Tohill just about admitted it, but only after being pushed and pushed to do so - that's what seems to have annoyed people and that's what the fuss is over.