12 Week Ban For Geezer

Started by Taylor, April 25, 2017, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: Throw ball on May 23, 2017, 08:12:25 PM
I see Philly McMahon got a 1 match ban for abusing referee in league final.
Simple question?  If the referee did not deem the offense bad enough to send him off during game why is he subsequently banned?

A guess but the referee got it wrong originally and corrected it?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: LCohen on May 23, 2017, 10:41:09 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on May 23, 2017, 08:12:25 PM
I see Philly McMahon got a 1 match ban for abusing referee in league final.
Simple question?  If the referee did not deem the offense bad enough to send him off during game why is he subsequently banned?

A guess but the referee got it wrong originally and corrected it?

Obviously not up to black carding him during the game but wrote it in his report because under GAA rule no content of the report can be contradicted and is taken as the only truth in the matter.

magpie seanie

The Philly McMahon one strikes me as very strange. Like some other incidents recently it seems they're taking a long time to be processed which I don't understand.

Rossfan

If a Dublin buck is involved they probably have to get a team of barristers to go through the thing in minute detail?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Taylor

Or perhaps the referee didnt have the balls to black card him during the game?

Cant be doing that on Dubs

brokencrossbar1

My understanding is that a manager will always be hit harder than a player for any breaking of the rules. I know I did something once as a manager which would barely get you sent off as a player and I was given 12 weeks. There's a higher expectation on management in regards to discipline

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 24, 2017, 12:23:20 PM
My understanding is that a manager will always be hit harder than a player for any breaking of the rules. I know I did something once as a manager which would barely get you sent off as a player and I was given 12 weeks. There's a higher expectation on management in regards to discipline

Dishing out melters again?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 24, 2017, 02:49:16 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 24, 2017, 12:23:20 PM

Dishing out melters again?

A gentle shove!!