Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddgnhand

Quote from: Quarterbackk on July 01, 2023, 08:59:26 PM
Hard to be positive after that. The complete lack of scoring threat when darragh is shackled, our inability to kick the ball, our inability to shoot. Our selections at 5, 6. If roaring in players faces is what we think will get it done in Croke Park we may forget it.
Correct 5 & 6 offer absolutely nothing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2023, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 01, 2023, 08:27:38 PM
Yep, that Tattyreagh man had the Kerry defence so well drilled, however, just too good for us today, and well done Kerry.

Tattyreagh??

Paddy Tally, yes, long past time he returned to the Tír Eoghain fold, IMHO.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wildweasel74

Where long Covid does sound like a cliche, if u had it like myself(for a Yr) it doesn't sound remotely funny.

Wildweasel74

Could be worse, you could lost on penalties, and not accept it part of the game now. I expect to find, Derry come out the mor and, Armagh doing a sit down protest on the field from the night before

reddgnhand

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 01, 2023, 09:53:22 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2023, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 01, 2023, 08:27:38 PM
Yep, that Tattyreagh man had the Kerry defence so well drilled, however, just too good for us today, and well done Kerry.

Tattyreagh??

Paddy Tally, yes, long past time he returned to the Tír Eoghain fold, IMHO.
Galbally is he not?

reddgnhand

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 01, 2023, 09:59:31 PM
Could be worse, you could lost on penalties, and not accept it part of the game now. I exiect to find, Derry come out the mor and, Armagh doing a sit down protest on the field from the night before

Covid didn't affect your wit. LOL

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Whishtup on July 01, 2023, 08:02:51 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 01, 2023, 07:40:54 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 01, 2023, 07:18:53 PM
Today showed what a nasty illness Long Covid is.
Hilarious. Marc O Se made a similar tasteless joke live on air after the match. Maybe it's not as funny to the Tyrone players who suffered from it in 2021. Or the millions around the world who died.
That was particularly hateful. The other pundits were embarrassed for him.

It's what really irks me about some Kerry people at times. They've just hammered Tyrone and are reigning All-Ireland champions along with their other dozens of titles, why is there a need to be so petty? Smaller teams who win nothing or win rarely you can understand...

Similar with claims of Tyrone being defensive over the years or being cynical. Kerry were as defensive, mouthy and as cynical as any team you will see this year. That's what good teams do generally. Tackling with intensity is not unique to Tyrone. When Kerry do it it's apparently 'Out Tyroning Tyrone' or framed as some sort of come uppance. What Tyrone did in 2003 was unique, but it's been 20 years and plenty of other tactics have been adopted.

Tyrone weren't at the pitch of the game today and Kerry put them to the sword. You can maybe point to leggyness and not having long to prepare, but it was very disappointing to see such a limp performance by Tyrone given the pedigree the team has.

imtommygunn

When Tyrone are on form there is no team can bring an intensity like them hence the out tyroning Tyrone comment. Kerry brought an intensity to that game that I haven't seen from a Kerry team before.

Agreed - they are a very cynical bunch too. Media people seem to gloss over it. Dublin were like that too.

restorepride

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2023, 10:33:25 PM
When Tyrone are on form there is no team can bring an intensity like them hence the out tyroning Tyrone comment. Kerry brought an intensity to that game that I haven't seen from a Kerry team before.

Agreed - they are a very cynical bunch too. Media people seem to gloss over it. Dublin were like that too.
Just lazy journalism!

Eire90

Wildweasel74

Watched the first half, Tyrone played decent enough, thus must be a horror show starting the 2nd Half.

WT4E

I just get the feeling Kerry have raised themselves too much for big bad tyrone and will be caught at a lower intensity.

JoG2

Quote from: Eire90 on July 01, 2023, 10:52:05 PM
tyrone player needs a 5 match ban

Which infraction carries a 5 match ban?

thewobbler

Quote from: JoG2 on July 01, 2023, 11:06:47 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on July 01, 2023, 10:52:05 PM
tyrone player needs a 5 match ban

Which infraction carries a 5 match ban?

I find it's usually the same one that people play down when it's one of their own county/club players involved.

square_ball

Kerry were fitter, faster, stronger and simply better than Tyrone. Very disappointing from a Tyrone perspective. A few players had their moments but there has to be a serious rebuild now heading into 2024.