Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

He offered nothing but controversy and soundbites for the last few years. If the sky deal has shown us anything it's that we don't have to put up with a class clown.

Main Street

Joe wasn't all bad, who will we have to wind up the Tyronies on national tv??

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 11, 2019, 10:38:30 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on September 11, 2019, 10:22:59 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 11, 2019, 08:40:32 PM
Does Joe not practice any law?

Is he not employed by the PR department of the Dublin football team !

Yes, he has done a great job brown nosing them!

Joe likes jumping on bandwagons. He's jumped on Corofin's, Crossmaglen's, Donegal's and now Dublin's. Narcissists will do that. They always have to be seen to be right.

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyCake on September 11, 2019, 10:59:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 11, 2019, 10:38:30 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on September 11, 2019, 10:22:59 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 11, 2019, 08:40:32 PM
Does Joe not practice any law?

Is he not employed by the PR department of the Dublin football team !

Yes, he has done a great job brown nosing them!

Joe likes jumping on bandwagons. He's jumped on Corofin's, Crossmaglen's, Donegal's and now Dublin's. Narcissists will do that. They always have to be seen to be right.

Don't forget his Tyrone love in during 03-08.

Silver hill

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2019, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on September 11, 2019, 06:40:18 PM
Oh dear, how bitter!
Some remedial work required on your spelling and grammar as well. Very difficult to decipher what you were saying in that first paragraph. Joe would not be impressed!

I'm sure all the mouthbreathing throwbacks in evolution whom want to listen to the Dungiven sh*tehawk talk about the All-Ireland football final replay without him having to sit beside lesser beings whom have no appreciation for his immaculate genius will be able to hear it from a podcast recorded as-live from his own rectum on Saturday evening.

More bitterness but good to see the spelling and sentence constitution back on track. Well done.

RedHand88

Quote from: Main Street on September 11, 2019, 10:57:23 PM
Joe wasn't all bad, who will we have to wind up the Tyronies on national tv??

With Pat Spillane and Colm o Rourke still on the air, I wouldn't worry, that's covered.

BennyCake

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 12, 2019, 12:25:13 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 11, 2019, 11:14:56 PM
Don't forget his Tyrone love in during 03-08.
Yep. Worth retelling this. In the Ulster SFC first round tie vs. Derry in 2003 which ended in a draw, Br***y went to town on RTÉ after the match over Tyrone's performance and how they'll never win an All-Ireland etc. etc. Well as the replay was being held in Casement Park six days later, a few minutes before the team coach pulled into the ground, the telly at the front was switched on, the sound turned up, the play button pressed on the video player, and up came on the screen & speakers a clip of that diatribe from the previous weekend. That Tyrone team hammered seven shades of sh*te out of Derry in the replay, word got to back to Br***y about that clip played on the coach, and it ended up making sure he STFU concerning Tyrone for the rest of the decade other than trying to crawl up Mickey Harte's arse several times in public.  8)

Didn't hear that before, but I do recall that there was a tragic death close to the Derry camp and match was asked to be postponed. Heard it on good authority that a lot of the team were affected and that was a major factor in their below par performance.

cadhlancian

Declan Batesons sister was killed the night before in a car crash I think , from Ballinderry .

t_mac

Fionntamhnach's own Red and White tinted glasses wouldn't let facts get in the way of a complete lie, and he laments about Brolly, Jesus wept.

Main Street

I was watching a YT clip of Dennis Skinner's (MP Bolsover) greatest hits - controversial contributions in session at  Westminister parliament. Whenever the caustic Dennis breached procedure (calling David Cameron "Dodgy Dave") the speaker would call on him to either retract or leave the house, invariably after a short statement of protest Dennis would leave the house in a dignified fashion.

Could we not have the same rules apply to the rte panel? whenever Joe would breach protocol, Joanne in a firm and resolute manner would call on him to depart the studio.

Rossfan

Better to not let him in in the first place.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Joe Brolly has a hard on for himself that is hard to fathom. It has become his undoing. He believed in his own hype. Off he goes to the bullshit circuit with Rory's Stories and Kieran Donaghy.

Antrim Coaster

Yep. Worth retelling this. In the Ulster SFC first round tie vs. Derry in 2003 which ended in a draw, Br***y went to town on RTÉ after the match over Tyrone's performance and how they'll never win an All-Ireland etc. etc. Well as the replay was being held in Casement Park six days later, a few minutes before the team coach pulled into the ground, the telly at the front was switched on, the sound turned up, the play button pressed on the video player, and up came on the screen & speakers a clip of that diatribe from the previous weekend. That Tyrone team hammered seven shades of sh*te out of Derry in the replay, word got to back to Br***y about that clip played on the coach, and it ended up making sure he STFU concerning Tyrone for the rest of the decade other than trying to crawl up Mickey Harte's arse several times in public.  8)
[/quote]

Was that the time when he was half cut on camera at Casement Park?

trailer

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 12, 2019, 12:15:20 PM
Quote from: t_mac on September 12, 2019, 07:44:35 AM
Fionntamhnach's own Red and White tinted glasses wouldn't let facts get in the way of a complete lie, and he laments about Brolly, Jesus wept.

I don't deal with "alternative facts" and I've a low tolerance for bullsh*tters no matter where in the world they are. Also you haven't said yet whom you thought should have taken up Michael Lyster's job either. 😉

For everyone else, the story of the clip being played on the coach was confirmed to me through both a player on the squad and also a member of the backroom team at the time. The bereavement mentioned by BennyCake likely proved to be a factor for that game, but is a separate incident in itself.

OK, I had a rule to myself to keep away from talking about the arsehole this thread is dedicated to for several years now (with one exception) and now he's been finally let go from RTÉ with many others here also sharing my view, I'm going to take that vow again. Because for narcissistic attention seekers, the worst thing is not being talked about by others. 🙊

Paddy Bradley had a great game the first day and carried what was a very limited Derry outfit. Roasted Mickey McGee. A certain Dromore man got the nob the 2nd day and Bradley never got a kick. Derry were well beaten.

TheOptimist

Quote from: trailer on September 12, 2019, 01:02:47 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 12, 2019, 12:15:20 PM
Quote from: t_mac on September 12, 2019, 07:44:35 AM

I don't deal with "alternative facts" and I've a low tolerance for bullsh*tters no matter where in the world they are. Also you haven't said yet whom you thought should have taken up Michael Lyster's job either. 😉

For everyone else, the story of the clip being played on the coach was confirmed to me through both a player on the squad and also a member of the backroom team at the time. The bereavement mentioned by BennyCake likely proved to be a factor for that game, but is a separate incident in itself.

OK, I had a rule to myself to keep away from talking about the arsehole this thread is dedicated to for several years now (with one exception) and now he's been finally let go from RTÉ with many others here also sharing my view, I'm going to take that vow again. Because for narcissistic attention seekers, the worst thing is not being talked about by others. 🙊

Paddy Bradley had a great game the first day and carried what was a very limited Derry outfit. Roasted Mickey McGee. A certain Dromore man got the nob the 2nd day and Bradley never got a kick. Derry were well beaten.

I don't remember the draw. Where was it played. Did the minor match go to a draw also, as from memory that was postponed that day, or is my memory just sketchy?

The one thing i do remember about that day in Casement was Tyrone's diving. It was the first time we seen it in action and they won an All-Ireland doing it that year.