Player Opt outs for 2020 season

Started by rodney trotter, November 15, 2019, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 26, 2019, 04:09:25 PM
In the case of Cavan, they have probably made a big push the last couple of years. With mixing it with the Big Boys players probably see how far they are off the mark and relise the huge commitment there is with little or no reward or recognition for their efforts!

They've always had players missing over the past 7/8 years, I don't think they've had a campaign where they have had all their main men committed.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

time ticking away

Angelo you seem to be a man in the know on the Tyrone set up. Is Cathal Mc Shane going to Australia for 2 years or not ?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Angelo

Quote from: time ticking away on December 26, 2019, 04:38:17 PM
Angelo you seem to be a man in the know on the Tyrone set up. Is Cathal Mc Shane going to Australia for 2 years or not ?

There were comments in the press in the past week from him categorically denying any truth in those rumours so I'd say no.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

time ticking away

Quote from: Angelo on December 26, 2019, 08:54:42 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on December 26, 2019, 04:38:17 PM

There were comments in the press in the past week from him categorically denying any truth in those rumours so I'd say no.
Ah your only going on the same info as the rest of us. I thought maybe you might have a bit of inside info
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on December 26, 2019, 10:33:28 AM
What must be frustrating for Mickey Graham and Cavan is that they made some good progress last year. They were a lot more competitive in Div 1 than I expected and made an Ulster final.

You'd imagine that they would have all been buying in to next year and trying to keep that going but it's not the case. There's definitely something wrong in Cavan football. I know it can be quite disillusioning for players from counties outside the top 5 or 6 to give that commitment every year but Cavan seem to suffer a lot more with players making themselves unavailable than other counties and it's been happening for a good 7 or 8 years now. Contrast the pride and commitment their neighbours Monaghan show in the jersey and it's night and day.

That's it in a nutshell. Cavan arent special, most of their lads away are in dublin, 90 mins away. Yet its clear there is a bigger issue with commitment in cavan than similar sized counties in our locality like Monaghan. There is also a drink culture perpetuated by a few older lads, older lads that if they looked after themselves better they wouldbt be retiring years ahead of time.

BennyCake

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 26, 2019, 03:20:45 PM
Corks first choice goal keeper of the last two years Mark White will not be involved next year as he is heading to America.

Father Buzz Cagney convinced him to up sticks, eh?  ;)

J70

Odhran MacNiallais confirmed as skipping county football again this year.

marty34

Quote from: J70 on December 30, 2019, 09:17:18 PM
Odhran MacNiallais confirmed as skipping county football again this year.

That's a blow for Bonner.  Good player around the middle third.  Is he travelling or sticking with club only?

Wildweasel74

Outside Dublin, Donegal are near the best of the rest, well Kerry above them, they can't afford quality player like that not playing for the county.

square_ball

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 02, 2020, 12:28:20 AM
Quote from: square_ball on January 01, 2020, 11:46:46 PM
Cathal McShane - Tyrone

Rumours were true by the looks of it. http://teamtalkmag.com/2020/01/mcshane-heading-aussie-rules/

Anybody able to confirm - the article refers to 'a source' but he himself has denied this as recently as 23 December
Hasta la victoria siempre

redhandefender

Its 100% true. Harte is finished and sadly his reign will end in tears. He can put whatever spin he wants on it but things are not good in the background and it will fall to pieces early next year. He has lost players, supporters, clubs, sponsors (apart from his buddies).

Cathal done the right thing. A gentleman and all the best to him. Hopefully we can get him and mc kenna back in 2 years under a new management

Taylor

Quote from: redhandefender on January 02, 2020, 08:54:52 AM
Its 100% true. Harte is finished and sadly his reign will end in tears. He can put whatever spin he wants on it but things are not good in the background and it will fall to pieces early next year. He has lost players, supporters, clubs, sponsors (apart from his buddies).

Cathal done the right thing. A gentleman and all the best to him. Hopefully we can get him and mc kenna back in 2 years under a new management

Regardless of your feelings towards Harte do you think a new manager will have any impact on either of the players coming back?

imtommygunn

McKenna is unproven at club senior never mind county senior surely? I know people some blame Harte for a lot in Tyrone but sometimes it is very hard to see the rationale... McKenna was about 17 when he left. Why would he have left because of Harte??