The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

Quote from: gaapunter on September 02, 2008, 04:18:35 PM
Quote from: fcuksake on September 01, 2008, 06:18:29 PM
first day back at school punter ;D

It was indeed I seen your sister there -some craic

Right..............funny we thought it was his brother youd be after.   :o :o ;) ;)

only joking lad. What subjects you pick for your GCSEs
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

winsamsoon

Have you thrown the towel in already fcuksake??
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fcuksake

not getting at you or the rest of decent clans posters on the board but your colleague gaapunter is a p***k.

I hope yous beat clans, so i am not going to get into a slagging match with yourselve
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Skiddybadoo

Well done to the minors today; a very good display.  Good luck in the next round.

Coco Coulter was very impressive throughout: good movement, worked hard in tracking back and put in some great blocks.  However it is his forward play which was very good.  Too early for him or could Stumps use him against the 'bawn?

gaapunter

Quote from: fcuksake on September 04, 2008, 08:03:23 AM
not getting at you or the rest of decent clans posters on the board but your colleague gaapunter is a p***k.

I hope yous beat clans, so i am not going to get into a slagging match with yourselve

I hope the clans beat the clans good lad- I think its you that needs to attend a school for a year or two yet

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: gaapunter on September 10, 2008, 03:17:06 PM
Quote from: fcuksake on September 04, 2008, 08:03:23 AM

I hope the clans beat the clans good lad- I think its you that needs to attend a school for a year or two yet

why so cocky - Clann Eireann will give you your fill of it - see how mouthy you are when the Lurgan boys slap youse.

RealSpiritof98

Good luck 2 the lads on sunday. Stop quinn and wer ther, must admit neil mcardle find of the season. Condolances to friends at pearse ogs on the death of Peggy harney RIP

Handy

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 13, 2008, 04:51:28 AM
Good luck 2 the lads on sunday. Stop quinn and wer ther, must admit neil mcardle find of the season. Condolances to friends at pearse ogs on the death of Peggy harney RIP

Yes RIP Peggy - believe the Ogs tried to get their match postponed as Joe is the President but it was rejected.

fcuksake

Cant believe the county board wouldnt call off the Ogs game, i thought it was a certainty to be called off with Peggy's husband the club President, yet clubs can call league games off because a club member (and i dont mean an active member/committee personnel) has died....

RIP Peggy. I know the Harney Brothers well and they have gave a lot to the club down through the years...
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: fcuksake on September 13, 2008, 03:08:48 PM
Cant believe the county board wouldnt call off the Ogs game, i thought it was a certainty to be called off with Peggy's husband the club President, yet clubs can call league games off because a club member (and i dont mean an active member/committee personnel) has died....

RIP Peggy. I know the Harney Brothers well and they have gave a lot to the club down through the years...

That's unbelievable and extremely bad form from the county board. 

RIP
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Is is still on, jesus christ, what is the game coming too.

RIP.

Real1995

RIP

yeah we were in a similar position wit our 1st round game against the nab..our treasurer's bro / committe member father died..but no chance gettin it called off....the county boards have really tightened up in realation to posponements for deaths
Nice guys always finish second!

Skiddybadoo

Condolences to the Harney family.

Armagh Exile

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2008, 03:14:05 PM
Quote from: fcuksake on September 13, 2008, 03:08:48 PM

That's unbelievable and extremely bad form from the county board. 

RIP

I asked a member of the County Board this morning and he told me that he knew nothing about this - what he termed at reasonable request for a postponement - and said the decision would have been made by members of the Competitions Control Committee.
He rang me back later to tell me that the request for a postponement was indeed refused by the CCC.  His information was that both clubs were in agreement to postpone the game until Tuesday night and play it under lights but the CCC was having none of this.
Very disappointing decision.  After all the deceased was the wife of the President of Pearse Og and you would think that the club members would be there to support Joe in his hour of need.
I hope that the CCC will allow the teams to observe a 'Minute's Silence' as a mark of respect to the entire Harney family and the Pearse Og club prior to their game.

May Peggy Harney's soul rest in peace.

pintsofguinness

QuoteHe rang me back later to tell me that the request for a postponement was indeed refused by the CCC.  His information was that both clubs were in agreement to postpone the game until Tuesday night and play it under lights but the CCC was having none of this.
Very disappointing decision.  After all the deceased was the wife of the President of Pearse Og and you would think that the club members would be there to support Joe in his hour of need.

What possible reason have they for not postponing the game?  Shocking decision. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?