The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

what a guy!! oh and by the way how does it feel to be second fiddle to a middle aged team with no talent coming through for all those years??? The harps lads will bounce back as they have undoubtedly talent in the ranks. They shouldn't be in division two and i wouldn't have predicted this at the start of the year. I also take no pleasure in teams going down, unless it has a bearing on my club.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quotewhat a guy!! oh and by the way how does it feel to be second fiddle to a middle aged team with no talent coming through for all those years???
It feels alright when you know you're on the up and the club is full of good young lads (and girls) who aren't just footballers (or camogie players etc) but great young club men (and women).
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

For once pints i have got sense out of you lad. I knew you had it in you. Our club is in a bad way at the moment. We have a lot of kids coming to the summer camps, probably more than we ever had but to be brutally honest we are going to need them. It seems we have  alot of the younger lads that don't wear the top with pride and that really annoys me because i know of so many that would kill for just one more chance in the blue jersey.

But just to make this relevant to the harps thread, keeps the heads up lads and rebuild, it will either make you or break you.

bennydorano

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 18, 2008, 07:54:10 PM
Quotewhat a guy!! oh and by the way how does it feel to be second fiddle to a middle aged team with no talent coming through for all those years???
It feels alright when you know you're on the up and the club is full of good young lads (and girls) who aren't just footballers (or camogie players etc) but great young club men (and women).
Good to see, it's lacking in our club.

winsamsoon

I tell you benny there is nothing as frustrating when you see them young lads strutting about not giving a shite about the shirt they are wearing. This comes through with them right up until senior when they are already ruined.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bennydorano on August 18, 2008, 08:28:19 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 18, 2008, 07:54:10 PM
Good to see, it's lacking in our club.
I think it's a fault of modern society, everyone out for themselves and all that. 

Winsam, anyone that doesn't give a shite about the shirt they're wearing shouldn't be wearing it, simple as that.  I've said plenty of times before, I'd rather sit at the bottom of division 4 then look at anyone like that.  I've no idea why club's would persist with people who don't give a shite and I actually think that may be were the problem arises.

winsamsoon

You have a good point there Pints and the clubs persisting with these kind of players all adds to the problem. But unfortunetly some people are driven by success and can't realize that it would be far better for the preservation of any club to loose the dead wood and bring in loyal and cultured players. Players that will also muck in and help the club in other ways. I watched that programme a few years back on the bridge and it was great to see that we still have clubs like that and there are many of them. But i am afraid our club wouldn't fit into that category.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: gaapunter on August 18, 2008, 03:32:18 PM
Just a quick note saying how glad all gaels are to see the Harps where they belong in Division 2- long may you stay there 8) 8)

Can I in turn congratulate you on a hitherto unseen ability to construct a sentence in english! Kudos my friend.

Now that we have discovered that gaapunter is a Killeavey man, can any other Killeavey men out there translate the following?   :D

Quote from: gaapunter on August 06, 2008, 04:34:28 PM
And isnt it great to see Division 1 shall be all the better within them bye bye :-* :-*

pintsofguinness

winsam
QuoteYou have a good point there Pints and the clubs persisting with these kind of players all adds to the problem. But unfortunetly some people are driven by success and can't realize that it would be far better for the preservation of any club to loose the dead wood and bring in loyal and cultured players. Players that will also muck in and help the club in other ways.
Well the Harps boys won't like me saying this and on their thread too but I think it was two, maybe three?, years ago when they were had 30 togged out for a championship game and were knocked out and the following week they could barely field for a league game.  Now why in the name of Jesus would those players that were missing not be told to f**k off rather than welcomed with open arms the following year?  Look at Toal too - seems to play when he wants.
Surely when this behaviour is tolerated it becomes the norm and younger players coming in will do exactly the same?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 18, 2008, 09:26:46 PM
winsam
QuoteYou have a good point there Pints and the clubs persisting with these kind of players all adds to the problem. But unfortunetly some people are driven by success and can't realize that it would be far better for the preservation of any club to loose the dead wood and bring in loyal and cultured players. Players that will also muck in and help the club in other ways.
Well the Harps boys won't like me saying this and on their thread too but I think it was two, maybe three?, years ago when they were had 30 togged out for a championship game and were knocked out and the following week they could barely field for a league game.  Now why in the name of Jesus would those players that were missing not be told to f**k off rather than welcomed with open arms the following year?  Look at Toal too - seems to play when he wants.
Surely when this behaviour is tolerated it becomes the norm and younger players coming in will do exactly the same?

You'll get no argument from me. I have already said to many fellow committee members - give me fifteen boys who will play with pride in our jersey and I will accept Division 3 football if necessary - no problem.

fcuksake

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 18, 2008, 09:26:46 PM
winsam

sure he is not on the harps panel and he hasnt played Gaelic this year for club or county.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

pintsofguinness

Quotesure he is not on the harps panel and he hasnt played Gaelic this year for club or county.
Didn't realise he wasnt playing for yous this year - weren't yous talking about the possibility of him coming back a few weeks ago though?
But it's been the same with Toal in previous years - just seems to come and go as he pleases.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2008, 12:09:25 AM
Quotesure he is not on the harps panel and he hasnt played Gaelic this year for club or county.
Didn't realise he wasnt playing for yous this year - weren't yous talking about the possibility of him coming back a few weeks ago though?
But it's been the same with Toal in previous years - just seems to come and go as he pleases.

I think he came back not so long ago but got injured

gaapunter

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 18, 2008, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: gaapunter on August 18, 2008, 03:32:18 PM
Just a quick note saying how glad all gaels are to see the Harps where they belong in Division 2- long may you stay there 8) 8)

Can I in turn congratulate you on a hitherto unseen ability to construct a sentence in english! Kudos my friend.

Now that we have discovered that gaapunter is a Killeavey man, can any other Killeavey men out there translate the following?   :D

Quote from: gaapunter on August 06, 2008, 04:34:28 PM
And isnt it great to see Division 1 shall be all the better within them bye bye :-* :-*

what are you an english teacher- I bet you a ginger nerd who has never played a game of football- as I said before a clan na gael man and proud- ps if you need directions to St pauls ground in division 2 next year just ask 8) 8)

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2008, 12:09:25 AM

Is there not more to it than that, is he not big into road bowls or something?