GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: the goal was on on July 04, 2020, 03:03:26 PM
Stories going around Tyrone were training this morning! Monaghan/Down had been training yet county board said they haven't. Until you see actual evidence though its all speculation.

My clubs county players were with their club on Saturday morning so that ends that one.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 06, 2020, 11:09:39 AM
Stories going around Tyrone were training this morning! Monaghan/Down had been training yet county board said they haven't. Until you see actual evidence though its all speculation.

My clubs county players were with their club on Saturday morning so that ends that one.

They definitely were not training Saturday morning unless a number of players have been dropped from the panel.

I see McKenna was slabbering on Twitter about something he knows nothing about. And him not even in the country  ::)

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/john-maughan-this-year-s-all-ireland-will-be-tainted-whoever-wins-it-1.4296683

The resurrection of knockout hasn't warmed his heart this year. He knows that it's simply a symptom of dysfunction.
"This is a little bit like the foot-and-mouth league - the Covid All-Ireland! No matter who wins it, it will be tainted because it's different."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2020, 11:40:53 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/john-maughan-this-year-s-all-ireland-will-be-tainted-whoever-wins-it-1.4296683

The resurrection of knockout hasn't warmed his heart this year. He knows that it's simply a symptom of dysfunction.
"This is a little bit like the foot-and-mouth league - the Covid All-Ireland! No matter who wins it, it will be tainted because it's different."
Translation of Maughan: "I'm a Manchester United supporter fuming that Liverpool are back on their perch."

Rufus T Firefly

Thanks Norf Tyrone, Johnnycool and Joe for the responses on this - much appreciated.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: sid waddell on July 06, 2020, 12:03:44 PM

The resurrection of knockout hasn’t warmed his heart this year. He knows that it’s simply a symptom of dysfunction.
“This is a little bit like the foot-and-mouth league - the Covid All-Ireland! No matter who wins it, it will be tainted because it’s different.”
Translation of Maughan: "I'm a Manchester United supporter fuming that Liverpool are back on their perch."

Perch quote relates to league titles won. Liverpool on 18 titles back when the quote was made United 7. Right now it's 20 - 19 in favour of United. Now back to topic, tainted championship or not can Dublin win the All Ireland with a FF Taoiseach in charge?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Taylor on July 06, 2020, 11:26:59 AM

They definitely were not training Saturday morning unless a number of players have been dropped from the panel.

I see McKenna was slabbering on Twitter about something he knows nothing about. And him not even in the country  ::)

That explains that then, throwing mud and hoping something sticks.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 07, 2020, 09:16:00 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 06, 2020, 11:26:59 AM

That explains that then, throwing mud and hoping something sticks.

He knows by mentioning us he will get more clicks/attention - no basis to it at all - infact he was outright lying

Rossfan

sid waddell

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 06, 2020, 03:24:35 PM

Perch quote relates to league titles won. Liverpool on 18 titles back when the quote was made United 7. Right now it's 20 - 19 in favour of United. Now back to topic, tainted championship or not can Dublin win the All Ireland with a FF Taoiseach in charge?
Ferguson made the quote in 2002 actually, when Manchester United were still four behind Liverpool in league titles. He made clear the job of knocking Liverpool "off their perch" had already been achieved.

Now Liverpool, like Dublin, are very much back on their perch.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: sid waddell on July 07, 2020, 11:58:33 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 06, 2020, 03:24:35 PM

The resurrection of knockout hasn’t warmed his heart this year. He knows that it’s simply a symptom of dysfunction.
“This is a little bit like the foot-and-mouth league - the Covid All-Ireland! No matter who wins it, it will be tainted because it’s different.”

Ferguson made the quote in 2002 actually, when Manchester United were still four behind Liverpool in league titles. He made clear the job of knocking Liverpool "off their perch" had already been achieved.

Now Liverpool, like Dublin, are very much back on their perch.

Many of the informed journalists reminded Ferguson  of his quote when United won their 19th league title in 2011, in reply Fergie gave a Jim Gavin like smirk.  Liverpool with a great manager and lack of challengers should have no problem getting to 21 league titles in the years ahead.

As for Dublin they are still 8* All-Ireland titles behind Kerry. A target for Dessie to reach?

*thanks for the correction Farrandeelin.

rosnarun

Rumour going around an offaly club is suspending activity due to Positive Covid -19 tests .
Could have serious implication across the country if True
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Was always a danger of it happening in some County.