GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Their statement smells to me like "don't bite the hand that feeds you".

I wouldn't be impressed by the Gaa in this at all.

Rossfan

If training by County teams was happening I'm sure the GPA could say that their members shouldn't.
But that would hardly stop Counties who are alleged to be training by posters on GAAboard.
The GAA is the ruling body but they'll need proof to enforce any sanctions.
Lads posting on Gaaboard or A County player's brother being quoted by some mate won't cut much ice I suspect.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

clarshack

Book should be thrown at any county training including my own.

armaghniac

Sure in this day and age someone is bound to tweet a pic.
A good plan might be to wear the jerseys of some other county while training.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Taylor

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 03, 2020, 06:47:09 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2020, 04:55:14 PM
I had read on Twitter that Geezer/Armagh county board had said county players could only play the first 3 games with their club and then were going back to county.

Assuming league games start at some stage in July it will be interesting to see if this is implemented given I guess they will have 3 games completed long before Sep 14th

This was based on the original fixtures which were released by ACB about 3 weeks ago.  And it was stated that the clubs would have the county players for the first 3 games and the Championship which was taking us up to the middle of September, which dovetailed with the date that the GAA said counties could get access to their players.  So there was no "Geezer skullduggery" there, it all aligned.

However, this week the ACB revised the league fixtures so that we are starting in two weeks time (instead of at the end of July as originally planned).  I assume this will allow the clubs to have the players for an extra league game.

So yet again another non story on Twitter.

Why was there such a furore? Seems the club's will have access to their players from now until September (unless Armagh are already training and players aren't training with their clubs)

larryin89

Training for nothing , there will be no inter county this year .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on July 05, 2020, 04:07:49 PM

You reckon?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2020, 04:09:05 PM

You reckon?

Just have a feeling looking at all these reports of spikes after countries start to open up we could be looking at another lockdown by autumn , hope I'm wrong . I honestly thought we had it near beat but these reports from parts of Spain , USA etc are not good at all and they are all linked to bars , hotels , restaurants opening up , social gatherings seem to be a complete fook up when it comes to covid . It's all very depressing, anyone else's head melted over it ?

Eire90

whats the craic with croke park if fans are banned but pubs are allowed open will we not see fans descend to dublin pubs on all ireland  final saturday.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on July 05, 2020, 06:55:48 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2020, 04:09:05 PM

You reckon?

Just have a feeling looking at all these reports of spikes after countries start to open up we could be looking at another lockdown by autumn , hope I’m wrong . I honestly thought we had it near beat but these reports from parts of Spain , USA etc are not good at all and they are all linked to bars , hotels , restaurants opening up , social gatherings seem to be a complete fook up when it comes to covid . It’s all very depressing, anyone else’s head melted over it ?

Don't know about Spain but parts of the USA never took it seriously to begin with and they have a gobshite for a president.

If spikes happen here counties rather than a countrywide lockdown is more likely. I think we should wait to see how the club championships goes before making judgement on the inter County season. Loads of club challenges was played in the last week and we still have a low number of cases.

Quote from: Eire90 on July 05, 2020, 07:07:49 PM
whats the craic with croke park if fans are banned but pubs are allowed open will we not see fans descend to dublin pubs on all ireland  final saturday.

If fans aren't allowed into Croke Park HQ will likely cancel the championship

larryin89

How would reduced attendance work in croker anyway, a semi final with 41k capacity is going to cause mayhem round drumcondra , I'm not at all sure they've thought this through .

Rufus T Firefly

Folks, seeking information. Is there a requirement to provide a list of names / contact details of COVID 19 Supervisors to Croke Park and if so who is the contact? I'm trying to find out how COVID Supervisors in the club access the details for their own team.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 05, 2020, 08:12:49 PM
Folks, seeking information. Is there a requirement to provide a list of names / contact details of COVID 19 Supervisors to Croke Park and if so who is the contact? I'm trying to find out how COVID Supervisors in the club access the details for their own team.

I've had similar technical issues.

This appears to be the support address gmssupport@gaa.ie
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Smokin Joe

We had problems with that Rufus, but someone contacted Croke Park and the problem was resolved.
Drop me a PM if you want any more details than that.

johnnycool

I'd quite a delay from my email being submitted to Croke Park and actually getting the functionality to check the various teams and their panels having completed the questionnaires, almost a week.

Our secretary was feeding all the email addresses back to Croke Park, but don't ask me who to directly.