Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2015, 03:59:46 PM
Maybe there's a reason the CB didn't stump up all the funds, Muppet. From all accounts Horan was burning through money like a Wall Street banker. The CB is damned if they do and damned if they don't in that situation.

Surely the real solution was Horan not spending the money as excessively as he did, not organising top-ups on the side for himself with no accountability?

Rochford wont be cheap. Heard he is getting €250 as session from Corofin.

Syferus

Quote from: Gael85 on October 28, 2015, 07:29:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2015, 03:59:46 PM
Maybe there's a reason the CB didn't stump up all the funds, Muppet. From all accounts Horan was burning through money like a Wall Street banker. The CB is damned if they do and damned if they don't in that situation.

Surely the real solution was Horan not spending the money as excessively as he did, not organising top-ups on the side for himself with no accountability?

Rochford wont be cheap. Heard he is getting €250 as session from Corofin.

Having another AI club-winning manager as a sidekick (if we're to believe rumours of his ticket) isn't going to be cheap either. You can see a situation where the Mayo CB balks at the price-tag.

Depends a lot on if the CB wants to stick it to the Mayo panel and stay within budget or kick the finance can down the road by sating the players' demands and getting a big money set-up.

giveballaghback

The Mayo horse has bolted or failed to bolt whichever way you want to look at it, the county board is not going to throw good money after bad trying to achieve the unachievable, so its back to mediocrity.
Might even be a third coming for Johno.

Farrandeelin

Anybody know if Rochford, or anyone else has been nominated?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayo.mick

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 28, 2015, 08:30:36 PM

Haven't heard of any club meetings held yet for nominations
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

tippabu

Any word on donie Buckley? Is he likely to be kept on? Is he expensive, money there to keep him on as well as whoever comes in?

Red

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 28, 2015, 09:24:37 PM

Does anybody here get the sense that Rochford making a statement that he has not had an approach from the Co Board is somewhat informative when the Board stated they are waiting until Nov 1 to receive nominations?

muppet

Quote from: Red on October 29, 2015, 06:35:45 PM

Does anybody here get the sense that Rochford making a statement that he has not had an approach from the Co Board is somewhat informative when the Board stated they are waiting until Nov 1 to receive nominations?

When did he say that?

Is there a link to it anywhere??
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

It was on Midwest one of the days. They reported it from the Independent.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

I suppose he could be nominated by any club, especially his own club. But surely they should have processes to follow as well before nominating someone?

They could rush the meetings to get a decision, like the Cabinet did for the trivial matter of The Bank Guarantee.
MWWSI 2017

Red

Quote from: muppet on October 29, 2015, 06:39:13 PM
Quote from: Red on October 29, 2015, 06:35:45 PM

When did he say that?

Is there a link to it anywhere??

Taken from Hogan Stand on Oct 27

Stephen Rochford says he has had "no contact" from Mayo County Board regarding the vacant Mayo senior football manager's job.

Rochford remains in charge of reigning All-Ireland club champions Corofin and he oversaw the Galway side's victory over Mohill of Leitrim on Sunday as they successfully opened the defence of their Connacht crown.

He has been strongly linked with the Mayo job but insists there's nothing happening on that front at present:

"No, there has been no contact. As everybody is aware, the nomination process opened last week. I know it sounds like a bit of a broken record but I was very much focused on the Corofin aspect," he told The Irish Independent.

"There are a couple of things happening in Mayo and as I indicated in the past it is something that would interest me but whether now is going to be the time or not is probably something we will know a lot in the next seven days.

"But the main interest for me at the moment is preparing Corofin for the Connacht semi-final away to St Mary's in Sligo on Sunday week. That's the priority at the minute."

He is aware of the process (nomination from club which I presume he would receive from Crossmolina) but he still notes he had no contact from Co Board. It was likely in response to the question if he had contact from the Board.
He goes on to say he is interested in the job. While he does point out he could wait he also seems to have given the Board a slightly stronger negotiating hand, particularly with John Maughan possibly waiting in the wings.

Syferus

Surely appointing Maughan would result in a bloodbath. Ye could round to our thinking on Maighan if that happened..

moysider

Lookit  Aidan McLoughlin clearly stated that the board were waiting for nominations until the deadline.

That's the way it should be imo. Why would clubs waste their time with nominations if the executive have another separate mechanism in place to get who they want.

If we end up with Maughan - I doubt it - well that is where we end up. The cupboard is a bit bare inside and outside the county for suitable canditates. Unfortunately recent appointments at minor and u21 were disappointing and maybe a bit ill-judged in the first place. You d be hoping to get coaches coming up through the ranks in the county but it is not happening for some reason.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Mayo News - Sport ‏@mayonewssport 
Stephen Rochford has confirmed that he 'accepted a nomination' today to allow his name go forward for the Mayo manager post. #mayogaa #gaa