Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 30, 2010, 03:12:16 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 30, 2010, 02:19:28 PM
My mates are just past 30 and 2 years ago in the pub we figured out if they worked 12 months on their pay scales (before all the add ons) they would be on about €60,000 a year. They thought this was very funny and the big grins on them. But now that the recession is in town these Unionised anchors on the Irish economy are no longer laughing about it, trying to play the beal bocht  >:( I make sure to remind them, nothing more fun than embarrasing a group of people who can never be sacked and never have to meet a performance review where their job is on the line or their level of salary and are ever so smug about it. They are most certainly among the higher income earners in this country but are in denial because they compare themselves to the CEO of AIB or Bono.

I'd say you're some craic to go drinking with  :)

Ya but I have a long memory. All these Bertiebabes complaining now  ::)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

My mates are just past 30 and 2 years ago in the pub we figured out if they worked 12 months on their pay scales (before all the add ons) they would be on about €60,000 a year. They thought this was very funny and the big grins on them. But now that the recession is in town these Unionised anchors on the Irish economy are no longer laughing about it, trying to play the beal bocht  >:( I make sure to remind them, nothing more fun than embarrasing a group of people who can never be sacked and never have to meet a performance review where their job is on the line or their level of salary and are ever so smug about it. They are most certainly among the higher income earners in this country but are in denial because they compare themselves to the CEO of AIB or Bono.

Funny then, how someone I know works hard and gets €500 per week. And It's not me by the way.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gaffer

Never heard of school inpections?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

fearglasmor

We are a great little country for knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
I certainly want the people to whom I entrust my kids education and welfare to be bloody well paid.
Not saying thay are perfect but they do far more valuable work than all the button pushers trapped in the capitalist scam that suckers us all into believing we have to have the latest shite they dream up work our asses of to get it and when the profit testicles  get squeezed a little we have to make do on less money so we can be more competitive so we can make more money for our betters. Jesus shouldnt we be glad of the opportunity to work.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: fearglasmor on June 30, 2010, 05:28:27 PM
We are a great little country for knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
I certainly want the people to whom I entrust my kids education and welfare to be bloody well paid.
Not saying thay are perfect but they do far more valuable work than all the button pushers trapped in the capitalist scam that suckers us all into believing we have to have the latest shite they dream up work our asses of to get it and when the profit testicles  get squeezed a little we have to make do on less money so we can be more competitive so we can make more money for our betters. Jesus shouldnt we be glad of the opportunity to work.

Who do you think prepares all the button pushers trapped in the capitalist scam. If it's a waste of time, sure lets cut an appropriate amount of teachers and lectures.

So based on your views, let's cut all the business, economics, accountancy, maths teachers.

I seem to remember the first person that told me about blue chip bank shares was a teacher, the next was a lecturer. It took a Capitalist to tell me the price of these shares can go up or go down. The teachers and lecturers taught the accepted lies, lets blame them along with the capitalists and ruling classes.

Therefore I blame the failure of Capitalism on ill-prepared Capitalists, it is the educators fault.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Orior

Anyone notice the absence of a certain poster here called ONeill?

The fecker must have got the cheap boat to France already!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Only a week left. Surely time for another trip to Portrush.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Only a few weeks of freedom left before I start my PGCE  :o

Farrandeelin

I don't even have a job secured for Sept yet...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 18, 2010, 07:58:36 PM
D day tomorrow with the AS and A level results out.  Not only will the students discover their fate but the teachers will find out how well their classes have achieved!

The new A* grade at A level will no doubt bring out the usual rubbish about how easy A levels have become because so many students manage to achieve it.  The rules on achieving the A* have been published in advance and anyone reaches A* has certainly earned it!
Great, so in the morning and tomorrow evening when I tune in to the news programmes all I'll hear is some stuck up know it all going on about how easy A levels/GCSEs are.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gaffer

Couple of Bakers under the belt !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gaffer on August 27, 2010, 08:08:36 PM

Same here, although they sent us home early. Too warm apparently.

Back in again on Tuesday.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

FermGael

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 27, 2010, 08:46:52 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 27, 2010, 08:08:36 PM

Same here, although they sent us home early. Too warm apparently.

Back in again on Tuesday.

Same thing happened with us.
The air conditioning broke in our place.
Health and safety apparently.
Hope they get it fixed for Tuesday.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ONeill

I stayed on anyway. There was an uneaten cake.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.