Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 10:26:03 PM
Point out where I complained about looking after my childern.

No I am annoyed when my children bring home anote to say next Friday is staff training and school will be closed and I the annoyance to booking a days leave and working late Monday to Thursday to ensure my work is up to date.

I was referring to holiday probably from a students perspective, I am not a teacher, my contract stipulates 25 days annual leave, does a teachers stipulate then 60 or 70 or whatever all the non-term time adds up to and can none of this non term time not be used for staff training?  They seem to yap enough if you upset them by taking your child out of school for a day whilst on an overseas holiday but all parents can whistle and arrange child care at the drop of a hat when they require "training".
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

eggy bread

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 10:44:00 PM
Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 10:26:03 PM
Point out where I complained about looking after my childern.

No I am annoyed when my children bring home anote to say next Friday is staff training and school will be closed and I the annoyance to booking a days leave and working late Monday to Thursday to ensure my work is up to date.

I was referring to holiday probably from a students perspective, I am not a teacher, my contract stipulates 25 days annual leave, does a teachers stipulate then 60 or 70 or whatever all the non-term time adds up to and can none of this non term time not be used for staff training?  They seem to yap enough if you upset them by taking your child out of school for a day whilst on an overseas holiday but all parents can whistle and arrange child care at the drop of a hat when they require "training".

Again put up or shut up - where have i complained about looking after my children, I have mentioned the annoyance of arranging child care at short notice.  You should be more concerned about controlling your seemingly natural instinct of whacking toddlers!

pintsofguinness

I've already pointed it out to you.

pintsofguinness

eggy bread

You prove time and time again exactly what you are all about! MOD3 now quickly for the reporting.  ::)

pintsofguinness

I've no idea what you're talking what, I think it's sad people complain about looking after their own children.
Almost as sad as grown men calling people they've never met and don't know "fat"  ::)

eggy bread

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 11:20:27 PM
I've no idea what you're talking what, I think it's sad people complain about looking after their own children.
Almost as sad as grown men calling people they've never met and don't know "fat"   ::)

Never complained about looking after my childern - No idea what you are talking about about the bold point - may I ask do you think it's sad/pathetic for a grown man to avocate whacking toddlers, slag off everything parental or child based - and then enter the adoption process - you couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 11:24:47 PM
Almost as sad as grown men calling people they've never met and don't know "fat"   ::)

Never complained about looking after my childern - No idea what you are talking about about the bold point - may I ask do you think it's sad/pathetic for a grown man to avocate whacking toddlers, slag off everything parental or child based - and then enter the adoption process - you couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!
I would have thought you'd remember your own posts on the grinds my gears thread.
I do think there's no harm in slapping children for discipline, within reason of course but I've never slagged off everything parental or child based.
Now, I'm done with you.

eggy bread

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 11:27:35 PM
Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 11:24:47 PM

I would have thought you'd remember your own posts on the grinds my gears thread.
I do think there's no harm in slapping children for discipline, within reason of course but I've never slagged off everything parental or child based.
Now, I'm done with you.

Quotes please.

I think whacking was your phrase - grown men whacking toddlers usually have an adverse effect on the child, but as long as they are removed from your space so you can enjoy a quite life eh!

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 05, 2010, 02:10:54 PM
In NI we have our own version which is funded by each teacher paying £44 per annum but being NI, the £44 is repaid by the Dept of Education.  Not sure how long this would continue.

Was there a call for this to be introduced? It seemed to be something that emerged from the dark.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 06, 2010, 08:48:49 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2010, 10:31:31 PM
Starting a PGCE Primary in September, anyone done the Catholic Teachers certificate before?

http://www.onlineccms.com/teachers/religious-certificate-availability/

Very helpful to get in touch with someone who has taken the course. ;)

Life Light course from the Derry Diocese is the most popular course taken by most PGCE people needing the certificate.
Is this mandatory to teach in ccms schools? Does it prevent non-Catholics teaching in ccms schools or can anyone feasibly do the cert?

JimStynes

Starting a PGCE Primary in September, anyone done the Catholic Teachers certificate before?

Life Light course from the Derry Diocese is the most popular course taken by most PGCE people needing the certificate.

Ive applied for the Life Light course, going to try get most of it done before i start the pgce in Sept. Has anyone on here taken the course?

FermGael

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 06, 2010, 09:45:44 AM

Is this mandatory to teach in ccms schools? Does it prevent non-Catholics teaching in ccms schools or can anyone feasibly do the cert?

Nope.  Have been teaching in a CCMS school for the last number of years and do not have it.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

JimStynes

If you study in England then you have to do the certificate seperately i think.