Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Declan on November 24, 2009, 09:23:47 AM
QuoteNo but she ain't on the breadline like she is making out.

Didn't think she was saying she was

QuoteI wanted to do a Master's this year but I couldn't afford it, so I'm saving up to do it next year.
QuoteIt's fine, it's not a huge amount, but it's grand. My worry is that if we take more cuts, living in Dublin is going to be increasingly difficult. I'm really not complaining, not with the economy the way it is. Money never came into my decision to become a teacher, but I have to be able to live.

Where does she spend her 3,500 a month before tax?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

scud

Enniskillen, if the traffic this morning was anything to go by! Are they having a picket line at Erneside?  ;)

An Gaeilgoir

Talking to a taxi driver this morning, he reckons there are nearly 3 times more taxis out today due to public sector drivers in their taxis, as they are off today. Driving past several schools and a couple of fire stations this morning, only about 3 picketers on each gate. Where the hell is everyone else?

Gnevin

On the radio today. Coppers and Flannerys where packed last night. Massive queues into Newry.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Declan

QuoteCoppers and Flannerys where packed last night

I know a lot of uni students who planned a big night last night on the basis they didn't have to go in today

QuoteMassive queues into Newry

Inference being that all the public servants aredoing their Christmas shopping?

Gnevin

Quote from: Declan on November 24, 2009, 11:25:33 AM
QuoteCoppers and Flannerys where packed last night

I know a lot of uni students who planned a big night last night on the basis they didn't have to go in today

QuoteMassive queues into Newry

Inference being that all the public servants aredoing their Christmas shopping?

That's the inference that the people on the radio are making all right.

Bensars

So thats another day to go shopping along with their  official "shopping day" quite a lot get as statutory leave.

Feckin Joke.

JimStynes

Anybody ever done an interview for a PGCE in England? I have one in Northumbria University next week and was looking for some tips/advice on the interview process.

maco

I had one at Bolton Institute back in 2000. It was more of a group task than an interview if I remember correctly. We were put in groups of 4/5 and given a topic to discuss while they observed and noted your input (or lack of input). We then had 1 to 1 interviews, but they were not like the traditional interview where you answer questions in front of a panel. It was more like a friendly, get to know you chat rather than an interview. Was 10 years ago though, so I would imagine things would have changed since then.

thebigfella

Quote from: JimStynes on March 02, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
Anybody ever done an interview for a PGCE in England? I have one in Northumbria University next week and was looking for some tips/advice on the interview process.

If you get it, prepare yourself for what will probably be a year long session in Newcastle  :D

JimStynes

Quote from: thebigfella on March 02, 2010, 03:20:26 PM

If you get it, prepare yourself for what will probably be a year long session in Newcastle  :D

I probably wont get in to Newcastle (although i would love to) as i think they have nearly filled there quota the the 2010 intake but it will be good to get some interview practise. I will probably end up at one of the London uni's. Plus going by the sound of the ones who have done the pgce before it is flat out for the full 10months so you dont get that much time to f**k about like i would have done in belfast.

Quote from: maco on March 02, 2010, 02:37:38 PM
I had one at Bolton Institute back in 2000. It was more of a group task than an interview if I remember correctly. We were put in groups of 4/5 and given a topic to discuss while they observed and noted your input (or lack of input). We then had 1 to 1 interviews, but they were not like the traditional interview where you answer questions in front of a panel. It was more like a friendly, get to know you chat rather than an interview. Was 10 years ago though, so I would imagine things would have changed since then.

The Newcastle interview is a 2 min presentation, group interview, 1 to 1 interview and then maths and english test at the end of the day. It starts at 10.30 and doesnt finish until 4.30, thats a **** of a long day.

Bensars

QuotePlus going by the sound of the ones who have done the pgce before it is flat out for the full 10months so you dont get that much time to f**k about like i would have done in belfast.

Dont worry jim, you'll have the rest of your life to take it handy !

JimStynes

Quote from: Bensars on March 02, 2010, 03:34:26 PM
QuotePlus going by the sound of the ones who have done the pgce before it is flat out for the full 10months so you dont get that much time to f**k about like i would have done in belfast.

Dont worry jim, you'll have the rest of your life to take it handy !

Haha hopefully

By the way it is for primary teaching.

thebigfella

Quote from: JimStynes on March 02, 2010, 03:30:36 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on March 02, 2010, 03:20:26 PM

I probably wont get in to Newcastle (although i would love to) as i think they have nearly filled there quota the the 2010 intake but it will be good to get some interview practise. I will probably end up at one of the London uni's. Plus going by the sound of the ones who have done the pgce before it is flat out for the full 10months so you dont get that much time to f**k about like i would have done in belfast.

Quote from: maco on March 02, 2010, 02:37:38 PM

The Newcastle interview is a 2 min presentation, group interview, 1 to 1 interview and then maths and english test at the end of the day. It starts at 10.30 and doesnt finish until 4.30, thats a **** of a long day.

Northumbria Universtity is in Newcastle  ??? Where are you doing the interview?

JimStynes

Aye Northumbria uni is in Newcastle.