Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2020, 08:37:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2020, 02:17:40 PM
Trailers wife is a front line worker so can avail of having kids at school allowing him to work. So no issues.

Also let's give schools teachers and kids some credit, the education will continue when safe, they'll not finish school at a lesser disadvantage position than the kids the coming before them or after them.

My daughters won't lose the education they've received these past few years!

Thanks for answering on behalf of me and wife's behalf. But you are incorrect. Yes she is a frontline worker but we can't avail of the childcare because..... drum roll....... the teachers in our local school refused to provide it. I shit you not. We only have one at school age so it's not a solution anyway.
You'd have more respect for teachers if they came out and just said they don't want to go back because they're enjoying the time off. There is no medical reason that justifies their approach.

Can you not send them to a hub school? I am looking after children from my school and several other schools in a hub school. I think there are 7 schools availing of this service.

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2020, 09:28:54 PM
Trailers wife is a front line worker so can avail of having kids at school allowing him to work. So no issues.

Also let's give schools teachers and kids some credit, the education will continue when safe, they'll not finish school at a lesser disadvantage position than the kids the coming before them or after them.

Thanks for answering on behalf of me and wife's behalf. But you are incorrect. Yes she is a frontline worker but we can't avail of the childcare because..... drum roll....... the teachers in our local school refused to provide it. I shit you not. We only have one at school age so it's not a solution anyway.
You'd have more respect for teachers if they came out and just said they don't want to go back because they're enjoying the time off. There is no medical reason that justifies their approach.

Can you not send them to a hub school? I am looking after children from my school and several other schools in a hub school. I think there are 7 schools availing of this service.

A 2 year old?

delgany

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2020, 09:34:42 PM

A 2 year old?

You are confusing childcare and primary school provision; which is for primary school aged children.

JimStynes

Quote from: delgany on June 05, 2020, 10:16:56 PM

A 2 year old?

You are confusing childcare and primary school provision; which is for primary school aged children.

Exactly.

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2020, 10:24:59 PM

A 2 year old?

Exactly.

I'm not. I'm making the point that this hub school frontline child care is only a cover and solves very few childcare needs in the real world.

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2020, 10:35:47 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2020, 10:24:59 PM

A 2 year old?

Exactly.

I'm not. I'm making the point that this hub school frontline child care is only a cover and solves very few childcare needs in the real world.

So your problem is only with people who look after children in nursery schools?  Or should primary school and secondary school teachers look after your 2 year old? If someone asked me to look after a 2 year old I would refuse to do that as well.

From the Bunker

Half way through ye're Summer Holidays down here in the south! Has been some craic collecting full pay and telling the country how hard ye have been working through this great crisis. Will be great craic in September.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2020, 11:45:04 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 05, 2020, 11:34:55 PM
Half way through ye're Summer Holidays down here in the south! Has been some craic collecting full pay and telling the country how hard ye have been working through this great crisis. Will be great craic in September.
Aye, and silly hoors like yourself paying for it. I wouldn't be too hasty with September either. There's legs in it yet I think.

Oh the craic will be just mighty in September! Looking forward to it. This pandemic is taylor made for their unions. They'll probably need half days here and there added to with days off for tweaks to get the social distancing right.
In the mean time there are only 2/3 weeks until the official holidays.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 06, 2020, 01:19:30 AM
Aye, and silly hoors like yourself paying for it. I wouldn't be too hasty with September either. There's legs in it yet I think.

Oh the craic will be just mighty in September! Looking forward to it. This pandemic is taylor made for their unions. They'll probably need half days here and there added to with days off for tweaks to get the social distancing right.

I've another week off, that'll mean the wife will be off for the summer two weeks later, it's been tough on her so the summer holidays can't come quick enough.

But the back pay she's getting from the strike will go towards a decent break away once we can go on hols!

Hopefully the Unions go for danger money in September!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2020, 09:38:42 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 06, 2020, 01:19:30 AM

I've another week off, that'll mean the wife will be off for the summer two weeks later, it's been tough on her so the summer holidays can't come quick enough.

But the back pay she's getting from the strike will go towards a decent break away once we can go on hols!

Hopefully the Unions go for danger money in September!

Are you teaching in the north or the south. Northern Schools seem to be having a go at helping out during the pandemic.

Milltown Row2

All schools opened in the north to take key working kids in, and my wife on computer most of the day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2020, 10:00:19 AM
All schools opened in the north to take key working kids in, and my wife on computer most of the day

Wish we had that service down here!  :-\

trailer

All schools are not open. Some central schools are providing child care for key workers. There's no teaching happening. That's it. So let's dial down the 3 cheers for teachers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2020, 10:51:46 AM

All schools are not open. Some central schools are providing child care for key workers. There's no teaching happening. That's it. So let's dial down the 3 cheers for teachers.

What schools aren't open? Yes there's agreements with local schools to take in kids of the area but no kids have been refused to go to school if their parents are working. And teachers are providing work for students.

Trailer which schools are not providing this?

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2020, 10:51:46 AM

Should all teachers be in school then? What's your idea of what should have been happening this past 3 months? Should the likes of me be looking after your 2 year old?  You're right btw, there is no teaching happening. In my class yesterday I had a P2, P4, P5 and two P7 children. All from different schools and all doing different work provided by their school. Should I be teaching them all the same thing. I help with any problems they're having in their work but I'm not teaching lessons.