The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

End of an era. He lived the dream, something that we have been reminded this week was denied to his cousin. YNWA.

AZOffaly

The best thing about him is he KNOWS he lived the dream, and is happy about it.

Bingo

Quote from: Main Street on May 11, 2015, 06:37:15 PM
Quote from: Bingo on May 11, 2015, 10:01:19 AM
Rodgers comes out with some rubbish and his comments about taking Gerard off yesterday was the biggest load of tripe I heard in a long time.

Stevie G's interview after the game was at a different level and really made light of Rodgers shite talk.
Was that the interview with Gerrard where he miserly  belittled the generous standing ovation he received from the Chelsea fans? Personally I thought Gerrard receiving a standing ovation from his  sworn enemies had infinitely greater value than receiving an ovation from his friends.

In contrast,  a true world  class midfielder,  Iniesta  was quick to acknowledge when thousands of fans rose to feet to applaud him off the pitch at Celtic Park, even though by his standards he just had a middlin' game.
"It was a surprise, it was very special to feel the applause. I'm very grateful to the people who do that kind of gesture because it comes from the inside, and when it comes from the inside that's when it's real," said Iniesta. "People don't have the obligation to applaud. To be away from home and to be down a goal and for the people do that... it was emotional for me."
Iniesta's mother would have been very proud of her son then, proud of his manners and his eloquence.

Was this written by a Main Street Parody account or what? Utter rubbish.

Quote from: deiseach on May 14, 2015, 04:16:46 PM
End of an era. He lived the dream, something that we have been reminded this week was denied to his cousin. YNWA.

Very true. I'm sure he will get a massive send off on Saturday*

* - Unless Rodgers decides to shield from the emotion for his own good and leave him out of the squad altogether  ;) 

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on May 14, 2015, 04:29:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 11, 2015, 06:37:15 PM
Quote from: Bingo on May 11, 2015, 10:01:19 AM
Rodgers comes out with some rubbish and his comments about taking Gerard off yesterday was the biggest load of tripe I heard in a long time.

Stevie G's interview after the game was at a different level and really made light of Rodgers shite talk.
Was that the interview with Gerrard where he miserly  belittled the generous standing ovation he received from the Chelsea fans? Personally I thought Gerrard receiving a standing ovation from his  sworn enemies had infinitely greater value than receiving an ovation from his friends.

In contrast,  a true world  class midfielder,  Iniesta  was quick to acknowledge when thousands of fans rose to feet to applaud him off the pitch at Celtic Park, even though by his standards he just had a middlin' game.
"It was a surprise, it was very special to feel the applause. I'm very grateful to the people who do that kind of gesture because it comes from the inside, and when it comes from the inside that's when it's real," said Iniesta. "People don't have the obligation to applaud. To be away from home and to be down a goal and for the people do that... it was emotional for me."
Iniesta's mother would have been very proud of her son then, proud of his manners and his eloquence.

Was this written by a Main Street Parody account or what? Utter rubbish.

I think everything he writes is rubbish.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Over the Bar

QuoteThe best thing about him is he KNOWS he lived the dream, and is happy about it.

In fairness he'd look a right pillock saying his life is unfulfilled...

JoG2

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 14, 2015, 08:40:58 PM
QuoteThe best thing about him is he KNOWS he lived the dream, and is happy about it.

In fairness he'd look a right pillock saying his life is unfulfilled...

he'd give it all up to be a troll on the Internet I'd say

I suppose he was holding on to see if the team pushed on this year.  Hindsight is a wonderful. Great player

dec

Over the Bar

Jake Livermore putting himself in the shop window for a move to Liverpool I see!    Great company for Sterling and Ibe!! 😊

Tony Baloney

For the day that's in it.

Again...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzHUU1kT4w

Lecale2

Paddy Power

Team to Win: Liverpool

Anytime Goal Scorer: S Gerrard

23/10

Milltown Row2

Well I've backed them today along with Southampton!! Fecking doomed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nigel White

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 16, 2015, 12:15:52 PM
Paddy Power

Team to Win: Liverpool

Anytime Goal Scorer: S Gerrard

23/10
What odds would you get on him being sent off?