Free ESPN for 1 month (apparently)

Started by Gaffer, December 23, 2009, 10:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Got an email from Sky last week offering free ESPN for 1 month then after that you decide whether to keep it on or not. I registered and it told me I would be switched on in 48 hours .

Still waiting to be swithched on after 4 days and cant get through to find out whats going on.

(Small print....you have to ring them after 1 month to tell them that you DON'T want to continue otherwise they ll start lifting cash vfrom your bank)

Anyone else get this?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Minder

Have you the link to register or was this offer unique to you? Don't think I got any email from Sky about it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaffer

Had to click on a button within the email itself. Nothing that took me to a website. Gonna try and get through to them again today.

Gaffer

Got speaking to them today and they told me that there was a problem getting people connected who wanted to take up the offer. I then got switched on there and then and got HD version as well though watching the football today I am not impressed with the ESPN HD. Def not the same quality as the Sky HD.

5 Sams

http://tv.espn.co.uk/freeweekend/

for those who might be interested in watching the Milan derby.
The Aristocrat Years

ross4life

Espn was included in the sports package last week on NTL/Chorus with no extra charge
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Geoff Tipps

QuoteEspn was included in the sports package last week on NTL/Chorus with no extra charge

Yeah got it last week but doesn't come free with the sports package. Had to get the digital package upgraded to Max Pack. Extra 2 quid or something per month.

ross4life

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 21, 2010, 05:33:24 PM
QuoteEspn was included in the sports package last week on NTL/Chorus with no extra charge

Yeah got it last week but doesn't come free with the sports package. Had to get the digital package upgraded to Max Pack. Extra 2 quid or something per month.

that's strange did you have NTL before merge?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Geoff Tipps

Yes have had NTL for about 6 years. Had sports package for most of that time too apart from a couple of years dalliance with the dodgy box!!

imtommygunn

Got an email saying I have this weekend free on it.

Not a good game on it bar the Milan derby!

Geoff Tipps

QuoteGot an email saying I have this weekend free on it.

Not a good game on it bar the Milan derby!

Dortmund v Hamburg on saturday evening. Should be a good game.

Zulu

Got that email too but there's nothing on the channel worth watching IMO.

Gaffer

Quote from: Take Your Points on January 21, 2010, 11:13:52 PM
Got this from Sky.........

As you're a valued Sky Sports customer, we'd like to let you know that we've arranged for you to enjoy a whole weekend of ESPN sport absolutely free.

Starting at 6.00am on Friday 22 January you can switch on to ESPN and enjoy a great line-up of fixtures. Watch David Beckham playing in the Milan derby on Sunday plus live football from the German Bundesliga, the Dutch Eredevisie and the Scottish Premier League.

What's more, Sky+HD customers can enjoy all this extra live coverage in stunning high definition.

Their version of HD is pure sh**e in my opinion !

johnneycool

The ESPN comes up on my freeview box but is blocked, is there any way of getting it set up on the freeview? I do have the card slot thingy.

winsamsoon

Good stuff lads will have a wee punt on these games
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.