Meath vs Antrim - Christy Ring Final

Started by thejuice, May 30, 2016, 09:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Great occasion for Meath hurling. Its been a long old climb up the rankings but to finally make it past Kildare this year and on to the CR final its a great achievement no matter what happens. Not that we'll be only making up the numbers, look at what Westmeath did to the Cats at U21, so this could be the year of up sets.

Hopefully we'll be well represented in Croke Park on the day.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

manfromdelmonte

thejuice

I don't know, I know Antrim are at a bit of a low ebb but its hard to judge how far we've come on. We've got to a good few semi-finals over the last few years so we had to win one eventually.

Fingers crossed but we are certainly the underdogs here.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

MoChara

I think we'll be too strong for yous by the final whistle but expecting a good match all the same

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on May 31, 2016, 11:54:57 AM
I think we'll be too strong for yous by the final whistle but expecting a good match all the same

We should but if we go out with the wrong attitude then we'll get caught out and be in trouble ...A host of teams that are supposed to be at a worse level than Antrim have given us a scare and beaten us handy this year....If Clarkey isn't on song we'd need to have a back up plan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2016, 01:57:07 PM
Quote from: MoChara on May 31, 2016, 11:54:57 AM

We should but if we go out with the wrong attitude then we'll get caught out and be in trouble ...A host of teams that are supposed to be at a worse level than Antrim have given us a scare and beaten us handy this year....If Clarkey isn't on song we'd need to have a back up plan

100% he's been the sole reason the new regime hasn't dropped any matches truth be told.

manfromdelmonte

When Roscommon can give ye a right good game up in the Glens you know it's not a great Antrim team

AZOffaly

Do the winners get automatic promotion to the Leinster Championship, or do they have to play off with Carlow?

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 01, 2016, 09:54:38 AM
Do the winners get automatic promotion to the Leinster Championship, or do they have to play off with Carlow?

I think thats effective in 2017, automatic promotion to Leinster Championship 
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Pretty sure there's a game against Carlow.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 01, 2016, 02:56:43 PM

Pretty sure there's a game against Carlow.
Carlow are relegated

imtommygunn

It said on the sunday game (it was the commentator actually) that they would play the winners of the christy ring. Hope it's wrong...

PW Nally

Whatever happened Liam Watson, too old or just packed it a few years ago?

Milltown Row2

Just watching the Mayo game, Keith Higgins is a great hurler, seen him a few times before but the fitness as you'd expect is great, but stick work is very good.... Decent game, loads of space but defences are strong... Any Armagh footballers on this team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 01, 2016, 03:46:47 PM
It said on the sunday game (it was the commentator actually) that they would play the winners of the christy ring. Hope it's wrong...
There is a promotion/relegation game.
Talk about keeping counties down!