Cork v Clare All Ireland SHC Final Sunday 8th September 3.30pm

Started by CitySlicker11, August 22, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Any early news for this one?

See Clare have already held their press night, very early. Davy must be trying to keep the hype to a minimum.

Any chance of Paudie O'Sullivan or Brian Murphy being back? One or both of them would be a great boost to the Cork bench.

orangeman

Clare and Cork animals.

NAG1

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 22, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

See Clare have already held their press night, very early. Davy must be trying to keep the hype to a minimum.

Any chance of Paudie O'Sullivan or Brian Murphy being back? One or both of them would be a great boost to the Cork bench.

Dont agree with this at all, we are all trying to promote the game and we have more responsibility to the game than just our own little corner. Hopefully sense will prevail and they will get a proper night sorted.

Most of the journo's missed it altogether.

Premier Emperor

I heard that Davy Fitz didn't even bother showing up for the press night!

Zulu

That's true. Madness IMO and I can't see what's to be gained by it.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on August 23, 2013, 12:59:08 PM

Dont agree with this at all, we are all trying to promote the game and we have more responsibility to the game than just our own little corner. Hopefully sense will prevail and they will get a proper night sorted.

Most of the journo's missed it altogether.

Any information or interviews gleaned by the journalists who were fortunate to be there will be held off and printed the days leading up the the game anyway, the sports pages will be filled with the football semi-finals for the next few weeks.
It's only after that the hurling will get air time.

TBH, its sometimes good to get a different players perspective on a game, but that's all too rare now, respect for our opponent, need to up our game, play well etc is all they're told to say now.

Asal Mor

It'll be interesting to see how the U-21 game goes today. Clare have four probable all-stars in their team McInerny, Galvin, Kelly and Collins. Galway have a decent side too with Glynn, Cooney, Darragh Burke, Brehony and Thomas Flynn who opted just to play football at senior level this year. It would be a great boost for 2014 to see big performances from Hanbury at full-back and Burke at centre-back especially. 

seafoid

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 24, 2013, 12:54:09 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the U-21 game goes today. Clare have four probable all-stars in their team McInerny, Galvin, Kelly and Collins. Galway have a decent side too with Glynn, Cooney, Darragh Burke, Brehony and Thomas Flynn who opted just to play football at senior level this year. It would be a great boost for 2014 to see big performances from Hanbury at full-back and Burke at centre-back especially.
Big win for Clare . Get the u21s into leinster .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

CorkMan

Little or no chance of Paudie as far as I know. Brian Murphy played 60 minutes at centre back for Bide Rovers last weekend so he's in with a good chance of making the final.

Interesting battles all over the pitch in this one. One that could have a big bearing on the outcome is Pa Horgan on David McInerney, both lads in great form, another great performance by McInerney in the u-21 match earlier. If he keeps Horgan quite, he's giving Clare a great chance of winning, likewise if Horgan gets the better of him and hits 10+ points, Cork would be in a good position.

cicfada

Paudie Sullivan trained, as in jogging this week but the most that could be expected would be 10 or 15 mins and I suppose that would only happen if cork were coasting it! Jbm is hardly likely to do that ! Clare are in a good position but the hype in that county will naturally be savage now . Will fitz have them too wound up I wonder ? Cork will have a phantom for them rest assured ! As for the press night , does it really matter who turned up? Pity about the journalists, joe cannings comments were blown out of all proportion last year before the replay so they're quite happy to stitch players up when they want. I know that was 1 journo but still he won't be the last player stitched up. Back to the match , I believe cork will win but it will be tight ! Nice to see two "new " counties in the final !

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on August 24, 2013, 08:13:10 PM
Big win for Clare . Get the u21s into leinster .
Buckin hell, another hiding. The underage teams would want to go into Leinster alright. Think it's becoming clear that we're just not good enough and a lot of the excuses/rumours that were floating around after the senior team's demise about in-fighting, players not talking and wrong team selection and tactics were just red herrings really. Cork, Clare and Dublin have all  made a serious improvement and left us behind with the Offalys and the Wexfords. Our seniors missed out on a handyish All-Ireland alright but it was in 2012, not 2013. 2014 is looking fairly grim right now too.

Asal Mor

Well done to the Antrim u-21s on getting to the final. I was thinking about backing them with the handicap (+17!!!!!) but I didn't as I knew very little about either team. I can't remember a team with that kind of handicap in the betting, actually winning the match outright. Must be the biggest shock for a few years at inter-county level.

spuds

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 25, 2013, 01:37:34 AM
Well done to the Antrim u-21s on getting to the final. I was thinking about backing them with the handicap (+17!!!!!) but I didn't as I knew very little about either team. I can't remember a team with that kind of handicap in the betting, actually winning the match outright. Must be the biggest shock for a few years at inter-county level.
roimh ré-
Aontrim 80/1 le buachint-50/1 comhscóir
ba bhiú cúpla schilling
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

neilthemac

ok, in fairness Antrim hammered Derry in the ulster final, but they only beat Down by 3 points in the semi final

Wexford must have seen this as an easily winnable game and set up their training for the final.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"