Na Cait v Gaillimh, AIF 9 Sept

Started by seafoid, August 20, 2012, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 04, 2012, 03:48:46 PM
That's right mouview. Between the final in'90 where Joe was brilliant and the semi in '91 against Tipp where he was anonymous, Joe seemed to put on a stone or two which he never lost. After that he was never a major force at county level again even though he would only have been in his mid-twenties. He was still the best club-hurler in the country during the 90's despite being out of shape which shows what an amazing talent he was.
Watching him in action down in Kenny Park long after the late 80s was always a pleasure. He was an amazing hurler.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

camanchero

any Galway lads able to say why John Lee was left off the panel?
I thought he was the best or among the best CHB around a few years ago.
Most prob he wasnt committed or fit/fast enough for Cunninghams new regieme - but I'd say he was certanly fecking tough enough and could play!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: camanchero on October 05, 2012, 03:49:59 PM
any Galway lads able to say why John Lee was left off the panel?

Well the past few years he's been studying to be a doctor so his medical studies took up a lot of his time. His physical conditioning went downhill a bit as well as he probably couldn't do the full amount of training he wanted to. Last time I saw him he was a fair bit over his ideal weight for intercounty hurling. Think he left the panel in 2009 or 2010 and hasn't been back since. No real word on him coming back either whereas everyone expect Shane Kavanagh to be asked back over the winter.

camanchero

thanks for that. If he ever got back and as fit as the present managment require- he's be some addition !

Asal Mor

Having a second look at the match. Now, I'm not complaining about the result, the better team won but I noticed a couple of things. One was how Eoin Larkin won the first free by grabbing Tony Og's hurl between his upper arm and body then wrapping it round himself before diving to the turf. Fierce cute but as dishonest as anything you'd see in a Madrid derby.

The second thing is how soft Kilkenny's first goal was. Skehill said after the game he would normally have caught Larkin's shot and when I saw it again I thought it was very soft. Injuries took a fair toll between Skehill, Canning, Tannian and Donoghue. Kilkenny deserved their win and I think they'd have won anyway but Galway battled well in the circumstances and this team has a huge future. I can't wait for next summer.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 09, 2012, 03:29:32 PM
Galway battled well in the circumstances and this team has a huge future. I can't wait for next summer.
Sounds like what I heard in 2001 and 2005 as well!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Premier Emperor on October 09, 2012, 03:36:28 PM
Galway battled well in the circumstances and this team has a huge future. I can't wait for next summer.

Do you ever post anything at here that isn't a dig at Galway?

You can do that on Premier View with the rest of the apes.

AZOffaly

Not fair. Sometimes he takes a dig at Kilkenny. Unfortunately Offaly have fallen completely off the radar :D

Croí na hÉireann

Having a second look at the match. Now, I'm not complaining about the result, the better team won but I noticed a couple of things. One was how Eoin Larkin won the first free by grabbing Tony Og's hurl between his upper arm and body then wrapping it round himself before diving to the turf. Fierce cute but as dishonest as anything you'd see in a Madrid derby.

That one was obvious from the Hill end of the Hogan. I remember Barry Kelly nabbing Larkin early for the exact same thing in the drawn game, pity McGrath wasn't at the races.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Premier Emperor

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2012, 04:03:14 PM
Not fair. Sometimes he takes a dig at Kilkenny. Unfortunately Offaly have fallen completely off the radar :D
Offaly people are too busy following Kilkenny to worry about their own county!

Premier Emperor

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 09, 2012, 03:56:11 PM

One man's dig is another man's reality check.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Premier Emperor on October 10, 2012, 09:44:20 AM

Yeah sure. Whereas Tipp people can't accept that Kilkenny are on a different planet to ye at the moment.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Premier Emperor on October 10, 2012, 09:44:20 AM

Nearly as bad as a Leinster man following Munster :P

Asal Mor

Quote from: Premier Emperor on October 10, 2012, 09:45:23 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 09, 2012, 03:56:11 PM

One man's dig is another man's reality check.

You're good crack PE. A tipp man talking about reality checks.