What Price the Dub's

Started by Bud Wiser, December 01, 2010, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2011, 05:25:28 PM
What price the Dubs now ??

Top of the heap in football and hurling !!

Give over you!

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on March 13, 2011, 08:08:53 PM

Give over you!

Now now !!! The tables don't lie !  ;)

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2011, 09:19:18 PM

Give over you!

Nothing handed out in March, three touch games for the Hurlers coming up!

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on March 13, 2011, 09:25:12 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2011, 09:19:18 PM

Give over you!

Nothing handed out in March, three touch games for the Hurlers coming up!

You'll take it easy in the remaining games and might even "throw" a few points to those less fortunate that youse.

orangeman

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=15936.0

GAA HQ are loving this - attendances will be at record levels this year.

Declan

Dublin left that game behind them last night - More bad wides but it's something else when we are complaining about not beating Kilkenny!!

orangeman

a lot shorter tonight I would imagine after that !

seafoid

Irish Times

•   Madam, – The Dublin Hurlers demolished Kilkenny last Sunday, the "All Blacks" of our national game. Forty-two thousand spectators witnessed this historic event in Jones Road.Tears were shed by grown men like me wearing blue not just because we won but how we did it. This team of Dublin hurlers set about breaking the mould over the last two years' led by a guy called "Dalo". Anthony Daly had done this before with a Clare team he captained in the mid 1990s and has now somehow instilled this same inner belief in the sons of some of those guys I played with in my youth. Thousands of young Dubs woke up on Monday asking for the first time when "The Hurlers" are playing again.
This team beat the Invincibles on Sunday because it had been converted into a well-organised, determined and "fit for purpose" unit. Bereft of any prima donnas, they played for each other, for the jersey, for pride in their code.
Ireland in general can take a big lesson from "The Hurlers". We need to get fit and pull together, rebuild our country's image,spread a new contagion and get out there and show the world what we're made of. – Yours, etc,
EYRE TARRANT,
Proby Garden,
Blackrock,
Co Dublin.

Declan

Saw that letter alright Seafoid - Great stuff and I did smile when I saw the address - not known as a hurling stronghold

Canalman

There was a hurling club in Blackrock some years ago, used to play in Clonkeen I think. Folded some years ago I think.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on May 09, 2011, 01:08:35 PM
There was a hurling club in Blackrock some years ago, used to play in Clonkeen I think. Folded some years ago I think.

I stayed in Blackrock with friends for the HEC semi final in 2009 (puke). there were loads of young lads out on the green pucking around. I thought I was seeing things.

muppet

Irish Times

•   Madam,
Meath are shite,
Yours, etc,
Ja Keane,
Reillybatter,
Dublin 22,
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Messy enough win today but it mightn't be any harm in sorting out expectation levels particularly among analysts who put Dublin in the same bracket as Galway/Waterford.

Galway in two weeks may be too much especially with the three lads in defence missing.

Minder

Quote from: heffo on May 29, 2011, 09:19:22 PM
Messy enough win today but it mightn't be any harm in sorting out expectation levels particularly among analysts who put Dublin in the same bracket as Galway/Waterford.

Galway in two weeks may be too much especially with the three lads in defence missing.

Daly nearly got caught out, as he did last year against Antrim, by emptying the subs bench too early.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"