What Price the Dub's

Started by Bud Wiser, December 01, 2010, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

The forwards certainly have a better look about them with those 3 lads there. Ryan has come on a tonne since last year. The class he had back in the day is starting to show through again.

Galway were very disappointing. Their forwards didn't look that interested and most of their scoring was done out the field. But it was still a strong enough lineup.

The worry still with Dublin is that they were a good bit better than Galway on saturday (even when down to 14 men) but still only won by a point. They should have won by 5/6 points really, they were that dominant. Keaney was very average on the frees (missed as many as he scored I reckon) and they conceded a very soft goal.

O'Dwyer's goal was a thing of beauty though, and Dublin should/could have had a soft goal of their own before that.

good signs for january. With Kilkenny starting to reintroduce some of their first choice players you'd imagine they'll be favoured to win. Still though, I'm looking forward to that final in a big way.

INDIANA

Full back is a worry. Hiney is a fine player but he's not a full back.
O Brien was very good at midfield. Again was physical and by God do we need that.

Bud Wiser

I see Paddy Power has reduced the odds from 40/1 to 33's.
I wonder what price on Sunday after they beat the Cats.?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 14, 2011, 09:10:41 PM
I see Paddy Power has reduced the odds from 40/1 to 33's.
I wonder what price on Sunday after they beat the Cats.?

Bud is that game on Saturday night at Croke?  Heading down for the Loughgiel game that afternoon and staying over, so would head round for that match
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bud Wiser

How many of ye? I have a few Premiums !!!  Dubs v Tipp in hurling and Dubs v ? in football.

and Jedward.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Milltown Row2

should be three of us.

Free Premiums??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bud Wiser

A friend is going away for a week that has them but I wouldn't say three, two at most, I thought you were on your own.

Milltown Row2

Could be three but, i'll not know till later in the week. should be a great night. never seen Jedward before ;D ;D ;D

heffo

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 15, 2011, 07:58:11 AM
A friend is going away for a week that has them but I wouldn't say three, two at most, I thought you were on your own.

I'll see you in the bar in the premium when Jedward are on for a pint!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: heffo on February 15, 2011, 11:22:04 AM

Fcuk Off Heffo, i was asked first!!

heffo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2011, 01:32:01 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 15, 2011, 11:22:04 AM

Fcuk Off Heffo, i was asked first!!

I'm sure an Antrim man deserves them far more than me MR, but I already have my premiums for Saturday - I was simply making arrangements to meet Bud for a quiet refreshment in between the two games!

Milltown Row2

Good stuff, Must win for the Dubs i'd say. and after Tipps performance against Kilkenny i'd say they would be feeling more confident than before that game.

heffo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2011, 01:59:51 PM
Good stuff, Must win for the Dubs i'd say. and after Tipps performance against Kilkenny i'd say they would be feeling more confident than before that game.

TBH I think Tipp will have a field day in the wide spaces of Croke Park but I was talking to one of the Dublin forwards yesterday and he said they were all feeling confident - a great evening's entertainment is in store for €13!

Bud Wiser

Right, as regards tickets, here is the current situation:
Heffo seems to be fixed up.
I was thinking himself and Muppet who have been stalwarts in organizing the golf classic along with AZ Ofally and of course Magpie Seannie would be deserving.  Then on the other hand Im thinking about the Green Glens and how in fairness they would come all the way from Antrim to Croker when others wouldn't walk across the road.

There is an old barman in my local, Mr Carey, a Tipp man so he got first call on a pair. I want to go as well so that leaves three spare. Can ye sort this out yerselves then based on three Premiums left? 

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2011, 11:17:58 PM
should be three of us.

Free Premiums??
Actually now that I look at it, shur that is perfect.  I can give ya 3 premiums - and we get to meet Heffo = again !!