Football bets!!!! How to get a bet in!!!

Started by Leg End, January 06, 2008, 01:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Quote from: bombidal on January 07, 2008, 12:06:14 PM
Smokin Joe is a ' guy who takes his punting seriously '. maybe he could help you out

Thanks for volunteering me, it means a lot coming from you  :-*

FWIW, I tend to just bet in singles.  But then again I would tend to be hoping for a different outcome from the posters on this thread.  For example, I prefer the "large volume of bets" route and hope that due to sheer weight of bets that I will achieve something near my targetted profit of ~10% on stakes, ie I would tend to have 20 - 30 bets on a Saturday.

My approach is therefore very different to the guys who posted on this thread, and hence why I had kept quiet so far - because I am sure that my approach wouldn't appeal to too many.

So what advice would you give them.  Apart from if you bet with Powers just pray that ye don't cut the odds on them if they happen to get a winner or two?

gawa316

I know very little about betting but have had 2 accumulators in this year. I usually bet on favs in champion's league group stages. Like arsenal v S. prague etc. I pick 5 or 6 teams and i have won between 60 and 80 quid twice. Not going to jack the job in just yet but I'm definitely ahead of the bookies

Our Nail Loney

forty quid on everton tonight at 4/1

also i know i said never to do scorecasts but i'm bored shitless here in work, have to stay open for the dogs so i did cahill 1st goal and everton to win 1-0

The Watcher Pat

L Orient v Tranmere draw 11/5
Yeovil v Walsall Draw 11/5
Swansea 8/11
Morcombe 4/5

£5 Stake will net me £160 (hopefully) I need it in Jan!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Our Nail Loney

Wright Phillips-f**k that for a game of darts!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 08, 2008, 08:04:21 PM
L Orient v Tranmere draw 11/5
Yeovil v Walsall Draw 11/5
Swansea 8/11
Morcombe 4/5

£5 Stake will net me £160 (hopefully) I need it in Jan!!

Tranmere losing 1-0 at the moment
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Watcher Pat

I tend to get a football sheet...write down all the positions beside the teams...If the Home team is more than 6 places ahead of the Away team i will pick the Home team..If there are less than 6 places then usually plump for the draw....if the away team are 10 or more places ahead of the home team i pick the away team......when i have all this worked out i usaully narrow my selection down to 4-5 teams and put between 5-20 pounds on depending on the prices of my selections...I have got about 10 bets up so far this season...Usually do a bet at the weekend and 1 on a sat......Seems to work for me

Good luck....

Our Nail Loney

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 08, 2008, 08:21:39 PM
Sounds a lot like hard work there pat!

What Bookies do you work in Niall? I thought you were a postie?

Our Nail Loney

Its an alias! Plus our Nail isn't a postie anymore, he's the bar manager in the corner house!

Cant say what bookies I work in cuz don't wanna reveal my identity! What bookies would you go into in Lurgan??

The Watcher Pat

Mostly McCartan's....Best odds for football in the Town.....U trying to work out who i am now? lol

Leg End

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 08, 2008, 08:18:14 PM
I tend to get a football sheet...write down all the positions beside the teams...If the Home team is more than 6 places ahead of the Away team i will pick the Home team..If there are less than 6 places then usually plump for the draw....if the away team are 10 or more places ahead of the home team i pick the away team......when i have all this worked out i usaully narrow my selection down to 4-5 teams and put between 5-20 pounds on depending on the prices of my selections...I have got about 10 bets up so far this season...Usually do a bet at the weekend and 1 on a sat......Seems to work for me

Good luck....

thats a good idea.... thats the way i will do mine this week. will let you know how i get on
we're here for a good time, not a long time

stiffler

Usual bet:

Linfield
Glentoran
Whoevers playing Derby.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 08, 2008, 08:18:14 PM

Good luck....

Just picked my bet for this weekend there....
Bristol City 8/11
Tranmere 9/10 on Friday Nite......(if they get beat i have another team to slot in Walsall 9/10)
Rothreham 7/5
MK Dons 4/9
Morecambe 4/6

£5 staked will net over £100 with your 10% bonus at Eastwood's..

Good Luck

Muzz

Lads this betting carry on is a pure gamble!!!  Beware!