Football bets!!!! How to get a bet in!!!

Started by Leg End, January 06, 2008, 01:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I've gone for

Chelsea v Spurs - Draw
Man Utd v Newcastle - Draw
Middlesborough v Liverpool - Liverpool

€10 will return €275
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thewobbler

Hey Laoislad, a word of advice. When you stop betting on things you want to happen and start betting on things that might happen, you'll have a better chance of getting a winning bet!

Bogball XV

Quote from: thewobbler on January 10, 2008, 09:28:55 PM
Hey Laoislad, a word of advice. When you stop betting on things you want to happen and start betting on things that might happen, you'll have a better chance of getting a winning bet!
Be fair wobbler, if he was betting only on what he wanted t happen he would have included the following:
Arsenal v Birmingham - Birmingham.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I tend to go for 6 teams at home priced between 1/2 and evens. Have feck all luck to be honest though.

Lost a tenner on Spurs last night. Jaysus Arsenal were lucky!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

qub la la la

usually united, chelsea, whoever derby are playing, west brom, mk dons and aldershot. maybe a few more depending on the odds.

portsmouth have fcuked me over so many times.

like doing the oul 2 teams from each section the odd time aswell. been close a few times but with odds of 650/1 from toals in belfast city centre its worth a wee punt.

Whitehair

Stade Francais -7
Cardiff-6
Toulouse-1
Clermont-3
Ulster-3
Perpignan-20
Wasps

= 15-1

Put in both Utd-1 and Arsenal-1 and its 40-1. As much chance as any i suppose  :-\

qub la la la

did u drink til u pissed ursel there loney?

Our Nail Loney

Pat the Watcher, I am telling ya now that McCartans odds aren't the best, I was in the ohter day and they had blatantly took our european matches off the coupon and blew it up and stuck them up as their own odds.

These are the odds which my boss then improves and sticks up in the office so thats how I know his odds aren't as good as ours.

Plus na don't worry am not trying to sus you out!

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2008, 09:24:42 PM
I've gone for

Chelsea v Spurs - Draw
Man Utd v Newcastle - Draw
Middlesborough v Liverpool - Liverpool

€10 will return €275

Def betting with the heart instead of the head there i doubt :D :D :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: thewobbler on January 10, 2008, 09:28:55 PM

Well maybe just a tad of truth in what your saying but......

Chelsea v Spurs is a local derby and Spurs haven't been doing to bad of late and i do fancy a draw here
Liverpool v Middlesborough i can't see anything only a Liverpool win can you?
Man Unitd v Newcastle Well too be honest i know a draw is unlikely but it often happens where a team have just lost a manager or got a new one that they produce a good display in their next match..So im going to risk that happening and bet on the draw..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossie11

QuoteLiverpool v Middlesborough i can't see anything only a Liverpool win can you?
Before you do anything Laoislad think of these stats
Rafa has never seen his side score at the Riverside never mind get a win there
3 of the last 4 has finished 0-0.
Thats what i'm backing.
17/2 with PP. Might be bigger elsewhere

Spurs @ 5/1 is good value in my book. Without their main men CFC could be vulnerable to a confident spurs team
scoring for fun.

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 11, 2008, 03:03:55 PM

Please retract this statement...I'm a big believer in tempting fate.

I for one never bet on Liverpool

Will Hunting

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 11, 2008, 03:03:55 PM

Really don't know how you can say this LaoisLad. I'm a Liverpool fan, and current form, not to mention past record at the Riverside suggests that Liverpool are up against it - and odds of 4/6 are fairly skinny. Boro have a good home record against the 'big 4' also, underlind by their recent defeat of Arsenal.

Having said all that, Liverpool have been good away from home this season, and with Gerrard and Torres coming back into the side, I would certainly be hopeful of an away victory.

Mickey Linden

I normally do a lucky 15 on first goalscorers which i find to be a good bet. if one scores u get your money back. if u ever click and u get the four up your looking at a small fortune. my selections for tomorrow are agboldolhor(villa), torres(liverpool), ronaldo(united) and yakubu(everton).
Apart from that ive found it best to stick to singles and normally do them on betfair!

Mickey Linden

Sorry didnt realise Yakubu was at the African nations. Changing him to Cahill