Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raisins

Quote from: Puckoon on November 22, 2007, 07:32:25 AM
Finding out that one of your closest friends is cheating on one of your closest friends, with another close friend. What. The. Fcuk.
Wondering what to do about it. I know I dont tell close friend number 2, but Im wondering if I approach close friends 1 or 3 about this. Im really shocked. Ive had a enough pints, but I still cant sleep.

Puckoon - Stay out of this! My advice. Feel terrible for you. But my friend was in the same predicament and fought herself about what to say. She left it and didn't get involved.  So - you stay out of it, you hear me? 

Hardy

Quote from: theskull1 on November 21, 2007, 10:25:21 PM
it sounds like a cold cold world over there

In this country, we used to have (metaphorically) priests in the bedroom, supervising people's private lives. The communist states had the secret police more or less in your living room. And the land of the free and the home of the brave has the boss in the bar supervising your behaviour and the lawyer waiting downstairs to sue him if he doesn't do his duty to the system.

Freedom me arse.

Rois

Quote from: heganboy on November 21, 2007, 03:00:42 PM

The fact that he knew about it means that he has to act, if he doesn't as per most contracts of employment, not only will he be fired but they can come after him for costs of any settlement for any claim pertaining to the incident. By the way that also includes someone deciding in 5 years that this is now relevant to their not getting a job, or them getting fired.

Please add all the FFS in the right places if you're still not getting it.

I get that he had to report it, what I don't get is the extremely harsh attitude to the girl who backed him up to HR, the people who have the official record of these things.  She told the truth when it mattered and yet is being punished.

theskull1

Finding out that one of your closest friends is cheating on one of your closest friends, with another close friend. What. The. Fcuk.
Wondering what to do about it. I know I dont tell close friend number 2, but Im wondering if I approach close friends 1 or 3 about this. Im really shocked. Ive had a enough pints, but I still cant sleep.

Puckoon, are you stew?

Is there anyway of getting some of them sacked from their jobs? Seems like the best way to approach it (stateside anyway)  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mentalman

A tight, but not uncommon, spot. Not sure there is much you can do really. I mean what if you approach friends 1 & 3 and they are unrepentant? Or later if it all comes out friend 2 finds out you approached friends 1 & 2 but didn't tell them. If either friend 1 or 3 know you know and bring it up you can tell them what selfish bastards they are, but that's about it. As soon as you know, but delay for any reason in telling friend 2, friends 1 & 3 have you in a spot. And even if you tell friend 2, friends 1 & 3 can just deny and you are the bad guy. All you can do is wait it out and see how the chips fall, stick by friend 2 and realise friends 1 & 3 aren't really great friends, if they would do it to friend 2 they would do it to you.

A lot of friends in there....
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Puckoon

Quote from: theskull1 on November 22, 2007, 09:37:09 AM

Puckoon, are you stew?

Is there anyway of getting some of them sacked from their jobs? Seems like the best way to approach it (stateside anyway)  :-\

Ive decided to approach friend 3, just to let them know that their secret isnt really a secret at all. Maybe that might make them take one of two courses of action. Stopping the cheating, or just breaking up the initial relationship and getting together if thats what they really want. Of all the people involved friend 3 is the one I dont really give too much of a flying f**k about. My loyalty has always been with friend 1, but in the course of their relationship ive become really good friends with friend 2, and their entire family.

No skull, im not stew, I just dont like to watch someone I care about getting the shaft. Thats a tad facetious man, I generally expect better from your posts.

pintsofguinness

QuoteIve decided to approach friend 3, just to let them know that their secret isnt really a secret at all. Maybe that might make them take one of two courses of action. Stopping the cheating, or just breaking up the initial relationship and getting together if thats what they really want. Of all the people involved friend 3 is the one I dont really give too much of a flying f**k about. My loyalty has always been with friend 1, but in the course of their relationship ive become really good friends with friend 2, and their entire family.[/quote

That's what I'd do, tell them you'll tell all unless they do they right thing. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

maddog

Quote from: downredblack on November 20, 2007, 01:08:12 PM
Quote from: maddog on November 20, 2007, 01:06:06 PM
The air head temp on our desk going on about christmas presents. No 1 on her list is the cats christmas present. She is talking right now about wrapping the presents for the f**king cat.

God help her .

She has surpassed herself this morning. She accused one of the lads of being smelly. The conversation went like this

airhead "you smell"
lad "i take baths like they did in the stone age"
airhead " oh no not like those old tin baths like they had in victorian times"
lad "no"
airhead "was the stone age before victorian times"
lad " a good while before yes"
airhead "why is it called the stone age"
lad "because they were all stoned"
airhead "i dont believe you, you are just taking the piss again, there is no such thing as the stone age"
lad " did you do history at school"
airhead "yes"

mother of jesus.

Snowed Under

Quote from: maddog on November 23, 2007, 12:44:31 PM
The air head temp on our desk going on about christmas presents. No 1 on her list is the cats christmas present. She is talking right now about wrapping the presents for the f**king cat.

God help her .

She has surpassed herself this morning. She accused one of the lads of being smelly. The conversation went like this

airhead "you smell"
lad "no"
airhead "i dont believe you, you are just taking the piss again, there is no such thing as the stone age"
airhead "yes"

mother of jesus.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Made my day!

maddog

i could write a book on the drivel this one comes out with. If she is taking the piss out of us in a sort of double bluff then she is a master.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: maddog on November 23, 2007, 12:44:31 PM

God help her .

airhead "you smell"
lad "no"
airhead "yes"

mother of jesus.

I LMAO when I read about the pressies for the cat, but this girl is brilliant !
:D :D

An Fear Rua

Anthem gaffe 'lifted Croatia' 

Croatia rose to the occasion in their crucial Euro 2008 defeat of England - after an apparent X-rated gaffe by an English opera singer at Wembley.
Tony Henry belted out a version of the Croat anthem before the 80,000 crowd, but made a blunder at the end.

He should have sung 'Mila kuda si plania' (which roughly means 'You know my dear how we love your mountains').

But he instead sang 'Mila kura si planina' which can be interpreted as 'My dear, my penis is a mountain.'

Now Henry could be one of the few Englishman at the Euro 2008 finals in Austria and Switzerland as Croatian fans adopt him as a lucky omen.

They believe his mistake relaxed their chuckling players, who scored an early goal in the 3-2 win that put Croatia top of the group and knocked out England.

Its Grim up North

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Snowed Under

Quote from: ziggysego on November 23, 2007, 02:57:00 PM
The thread dedicated to me.....  ::)

Like you don't crave that sort of attention.  ::)

ziggysego

I've got over 5000 posts, what do you think? ;)
Testing Accessibility