Colm O'Rourke vs. the GPA

Started by Jinxy, October 26, 2014, 07:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Anyone read his articles the last two Sundays and the response from the GPA?
It was pretty obvious last Sunday that the word had gone out from someone within the GPA to players to have a go at him on Twitter.
I don't agree 100% with him but if what he says about the text message that went around to players is true, that's a bit pathetic.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Its a free world(yeah right). If Colm wants to have a go at anyone though a public medium. Then people have a right to answer back through their medium. Tough if they ganged up on him and he did not like it!

Syferus

The Leitrim lads I know don't whine half as much as Colm does. You take the shots at people, you take the blows in return. Simple.

mrdeeds

The article didn't merit the over reaction it got. The GPA obviously have a big propaganda machine.

Farrandeelin

What were the articles? Any links?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hardy

I disagree with a lot of what Colm says too, especially the nonsense about going on strike, etc., but he's right that the GPA seems to have become fat, dumb and happy in its role as a constituent of the GAA itself. And I'm not at all surprised at the response of the GPA. Their leadership have always displayed a unique blend of petulance, paranoia and dog ignorance.

rodney trotter

I doubt he will be getting a Christmas card from Jason Sherlock

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 26, 2014, 07:50:17 PM
Its a free world(yeah right). If Colm wants to have a go at anyone though a public medium. Then people have a right to answer back through their medium. Tough if they ganged up on him and he did not like it!

I don't think he's that bothered about players responding to the article, I think it's more to do with the fairly obvious mobilisation of that response by the GPA, i.e. the text message.

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on October 26, 2014, 07:51:36 PM
The Leitrim lads I know don't whine half as much as Colm does. You take the shots at people, you take the blows in return. Simple.

Leave Colmín alone.

BennyCake

Is the movie gonna be like Alien v Predator?

Jinxy

'In space, no one can hear you Skryne.'

macdanger2

theskull1

So raise a voice against the GPA and you can expect torrents of abuse for that point of view...whether there's validity in the aruments made is irrelevant ....is this how we would like public discourse to take place? Not healthy IMO
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

heffo

Donal Og seems to be in over in NY every second week. Nice gig if you can get it.