Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Big win for the Lough today up in Pomeroy. It was a very good game played right on the edge. Cathoir Gallagher and Kieran McGeary both lined.

Leo Meenan and Conal Grimes stand out players for us. Frank Burns was well marshalled in the FF line.

BTW, congrats on the big win today youhavenofans ;)

Gaafan2

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 14, 2019, 09:15:44 PM
Big win for the Lough today up in Pomeroy. It was a very good game played right on the edge. Cathoir Gallagher and Kieran McGeary both lined.

Leo Meenan and Conal Grimes stand out players for us. Frank Burns was well marshalled in the FF line.

Fair play to Loughmacrory, they were hungrier and wanted it more than us today. For some reason our boys didn't seem up for it. Early days though.

Under Lights

How is Leo moving? Good signing even at his age.

omagh_gael

Quote from: gaafan2 on April 14, 2019, 09:20:52 PM

Fair play to Loughmacrory, they were hungrier and wanted it more than us today. For some reason our boys didn't seem up for it. Early days though.

Didn't really work out for youse in the forwards. Never got going at all.

Underlights, he's moving well. Setting up goals at one end and winning high ball in the FB line in the dying minutes. MOTM for me.

Tyrone95

Brilliant performance today from Carmen against an Omagh side who were second best on every level today. I must be honest I had my doubts going in to the game given the opposition but we were certainly the hungrier and fitter of the 2 teams. Young Sean Donnelly at no6 had a great game with Penrose and Gormley dynamite in the full forward line (yes that's right) I think omagh has to change markers on penrose 3 different times in the game with McLaughlin eventually finishing on him and was taken for about 0-3 I would say. Hopefully onwards and upwards for this young team and this will certainly be a confidence booster that we can compete at the highest level still!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone95 on April 15, 2019, 12:14:25 AM
Brilliant performance today from Carmen against an Omagh side who were second best on every level today. I must be honest I had my doubts going in to the game given the opposition but we were certainly the hungrier and fitter of the 2 teams. Young Sean Donnelly at no6 had a great game with Penrose and Gormley dynamite in the full forward line (yes that's right) I think omagh has to change markers on penrose 3 different times in the game with McLaughlin eventually finishing on him and was taken for about 0-3 I would say. Hopefully onwards and upwards for this young team and this will certainly be a confidence booster that we can compete at the highest level still!!

Hard to beat a bit of know how on the inside line.

The Golden Years

I am lot happier today having eventually getting off the mark as i was starting to fret a little.  Getting 2 points of Omagh is also a bonus as it was one of the games i wasnt counting on on getting points.  Really impressed with Sean yesterday also.  A very intelligent footballer who was directing things from Centre half back.  Looks a great prospect.  Great to see Sparky back at it also.  Added a bit more bite to attack when he came on.

Tyrone95

Any of the omagh posters able to say what is wrong at the minute or just suffering with the men missing? I gathered Tierney, Clarke and Oneill (sub) we're the only ones not starting yesterday who could make much of a change?

skeog

Be a bit hard for Clarke to start flight from Qatar be quite a bit.Omagh have one last go at a Championship with present squad imo so not so bothered with league.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 15, 2019, 10:41:28 AM

I am lot happier today having eventually getting off the mark as i was starting to fret a little.  Getting 2 points of Omagh is also a bonus as it was one of the games i wasnt counting on on getting points.  Really impressed with Sean yesterday also.  A very intelligent footballer who was directing things from Centre half back.  Looks a great prospect.  Great to see Sparky back at it also.  Added a bit more bite to attack when he came on.

Is the reliance on Gormley, Penrose and Donnelly not a big part of the problems currently with Carrickmore?

twenty one yard free

Ardboe earned another 2 points in Dungannon yesterday on a windy day where the county men excelled particularly Kyle who lead the charge from the middle

Tyrone95

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 15, 2019, 07:45:25 PM

Is the reliance on Gormley, Penrose and Donnelly not a big part of the problems currently with Carrickmore?
Some people argue that, I would argue against - Donnelly playing for the reserves and only featured for the last 20 mins against Omagh. Gormley and Penrose are not expected to do much bar win ball in he full forward line and this is certainly proving dividends if yesterday was anything to go by. The core of our team are 24 and under and I'm sure a few years learning of these men won't do them any harm! It would be a different story if they were offering nothing towards the game and just filling a jersey! Time will tell

The Golden Years

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 15, 2019, 07:45:25 PM

Nope, its the fact as i stated before that we have very little quality from the mid 20s to 30 bracket.  Any we may have had are  living abroad at the minute.  I think the boys you mentioned above would quite happily retire if we had other players to step up to the plate and fill their boots.

omagh_gael

Lough beat Stewartstown 2-12 to 0-13 this evening. Top of the league with, obviously, one game played more than the chasing pack.

Tyrone95

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 17, 2019, 09:16:04 PM
Lough beat Stewartstown 2-12 to 0-13 this evening. Top of the league with, obviously, one game played more than the chasing pack.
Seem to be motoring well in D2 with a young team on paper still. Who's moving well this year for yous? I wouldn't know so many of the younger lads but meenan surely is a good addition to the forward line. Would he play next year v Kc if yous happened to go up?  ???