Football championship referees’ panel

Started by Cunny Funt, May 09, 2017, 08:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bearded One

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 12, 2017, 03:52:55 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on May 10, 2017, 02:14:46 PM
When is the last time Dublin had a referee judged to be at the championship panel level?

David Gough :)

Well played AZOffaly 👏🏼
It is what it is. Presumably.

Itchy

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 13, 2017, 12:03:29 AM
Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2017, 03:35:46 PM
Cormac Reilly and Jerome Henry are good refs. Just because they have made a mistake  or two in a game that involved your team doesnt mean they are useless. FFS do you think a referee should never make a mistake.

The only ones I can think of that makes more mistakes than is acceptable on that list is Maurice Deegan and Duffy.

You are on the funny pills? Cormac Reilly?

Maybe Mayo should take some responsibility for their constant bottling of big games instead of pinning it on a ref?

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on May 13, 2017, 12:30:05 PM
Cormac Reilly and Jerome Henry are good refs. Just because they have made a mistake  or two in a game that involved your team doesnt mean they are useless. FFS do you think a referee should never make a mistake.

The only ones I can think of that makes more mistakes than is acceptable on that list is Maurice Deegan and Duffy.

Maybe Mayo should take some responsibility for their constant bottling of big games instead of pinning it on a ref?

Cormac Rielly as a linesman took a point off us from the fücking sideline, overruling both the umpires and the referee who was happy enough to play on. Of course it was an obvious point.

You're not safe from The Joker even when he's not even the referee.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2017, 01:05:21 PM

Cormac Rielly as a linesman took a point off us from the fücking sideline, overruling both the umpires and the referee who was happy enough to play on. Of course it was an obvious point.

Maybe he had the best view and it was a point? The problem is that lads like you cannot be objective and blame referee for when ye don't win. Do you think in that game Roscommon didn't get the advantage in a decision or two which you could argue means ye were lucky to get a point.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on May 13, 2017, 01:17:05 PM

Maybe he had the best view and it was a point? The problem is that lads like you cannot be objective and blame referee for when ye don't win. Do you think in that game Roscommon didn't get the advantage in a decision or two which you could argue means ye were lucky to get a point.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/reillys-officiating-lacked-consistency-284360.html

Syferus

I was literally behind the bollix in the stand, which is how I even know it was him. It was a clear point even from the sideline.

Overruling the lads whose only job is to judge the points from the sideline makes a total mockery of the officiating. Has nothing to do with the team or who I support.

Itchy

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 13, 2017, 01:25:43 PM

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/reillys-officiating-lacked-consistency-284360.html

So he was poor in this game. It also say mcquillan was brilliant but according to many on here he is useless and biased to Dublin. I never said refs are perfect or get it right every time. We would need an eye in the sky for that. I just think you need to look at this objectively and over a large number of games. I've seen Cormac Reilly ref some very challenging games very well too.

Cunny Funt

Panel for this summer.

Ciaran Branagan (Down)
Barry Cassidy (Derry)
Brendan Cawley (Kildare)
David Coldrick (Meath)
Niall Cullen (Fermanagh)
Maurice Deegan (Laois)
David Gough (Meath)
Jerome Henry (Mayo)
Sean Hurson (Tyrone)
Fergal Kelly (Longford)
Conor Lane (Cork)
Martin McNally (Monaghan)
Joe McQuillan (Cavan)
James Molloy (Galway)
Noel Mooney (Cavan)
Paddy Neilan (Roscommon)
Anthony Nolan (Wicklow)
Derek O'Mahoney (Tipperary)

Newcomers are Brendan Cawley from Kildare and James Molloy from Galway, who replace Cormac Reilly (Meath) and Padraig Hughes (Armagh).

manfromdelmonte

BennyCake

joemamas

Quote from: BennyCake on April 25, 2019, 06:37:03 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 25, 2019, 06:31:31 PM
Not one referee from Dublin

There is one - Joe McQuillan.

Don't forget the smiley Laois one who chickened out of a blatant call in an all Ireland final

kerryforsam19

Quote from: joemamas on April 25, 2019, 11:45:01 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 25, 2019, 06:37:03 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 25, 2019, 06:31:31 PM
Not one referee from Dublin

There is one - Joe McQuillan.

Don't forget the smiley Laois one who chickened out of a blatant call in an all Ireland final

The Jason Doherty red card?

kerryforsam19

Hopefully we have don't Fergal Kelly for another game this year.

whitey

I heard Cormac Reilly has retired from refereeing due to bad eyesight

Farrandeelin

No harm to see Hughes gone off the list I must say.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.