Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Years

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on September 19, 2019, 02:55:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 19, 2019, 10:22:51 AM
Anyway....

Are the Quarter Finals all as straightforward as expected?

Coalisland/Errigal/Trillick/Carmen to be the last four with everyone hoping to get Carrickmore?

Omagh and Edendork most likely to catch Errigal / Carmen on the hop?

That's how I see it too. Although, there's usually at least one upset per round.

I do think we will overcome Edendork in a tight dogged affair but I would fear a timbering in the semi.  The team is in transition and will take a few years to compete with the stronger teams .

PeterEli

Eskra v Rock and Carmen v Edendork on the TV this weekend. Doubtful that Loughmacrory or Carmen are going to have the WiFi service available to cover the other games.

kickitin

Loughmacrory to have the game plan worked out tonight under the lights of the harps. 3/1 for them on boyle sports is scandalous, definitely worth a few bob

Localexpert

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 19, 2019, 03:40:32 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on September 19, 2019, 02:55:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 19, 2019, 10:22:51 AM
Anyway....

Are the Quarter Finals all as straightforward as expected?

Coalisland/Errigal/Trillick/Carmen to be the last four with everyone hoping to get Carrickmore?

Omagh and Edendork most likely to catch Errigal / Carmen on the hop?

That's how I see it too. Although, there's usually at least one upset per round.

I do think we will overcome Edendork in a tight dogged affair but I would fear a timbering in the semi.  The team is in transition and will take a few years to compete with the stronger teams .

They had all their players back from their summer holidays when they played us last weekend and we were lucky enough to come away with the win.  Have a few good players who will certainly need watched but as usual if you are within touching distance with a few minutes remaining they will inevitably fall to pieces.

Also without seeing it with my own eyes a couple of their players are reported to have engaged in a bit of fisty cuffs in the changing rooms after the game so alot will depend on whether or not Barton has donated his big bag of money to bring in a psychologist this week to sort everything out  ::)

kickitin

pomeroy more clinical tonight, goal and a point at the very end putting some gloss on the score line but lough unlucky not to force extra time at least, conall grimes clearly hampered with some sort of injury throughout the game, adding that to the 3 or 4 other injuries they already have to starting players, great young team with plenty to offer next year. galballys championship to lose

Gaafan2

Good win this evening, we were cruising 5 mins before half time only for Loughmacrory to kick 1-2 to leave just 3 in it.

Again we were up by 5 with 10 to go but let them back into it. We've had a tendency to do this in every game we've played this year and don't seem to be able to kill teams off.

Conal Grimes didn't appear injured to me. He followed Kieran McGeary wherever he went and the two cancelled each other out. Neither man stood out.

Loughmacrory are a decent young team and will make the step up to division 1 sooner rather than later.

Silver hill

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 19, 2019, 02:14:20 PM
Eskra v Rock - Rock
Edendork v Carrickmore - Edendork
Omagh v Errigal - Omagh
Trillick v Clonoe - The Rahillys
Killyclogher v Coalisland - Na Fianna
Kildress v Killeeshil - Killeeshil
Galbally v Greencastle - Galbally

stick a few pound on that for a good weekends lift.
Would be shocked if trillick were beaten by Clonoe.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Silver hill on September 19, 2019, 10:18:13 PM
Eskra v Rock - Rock
Omagh v Errigal - Omagh

Kildress have a bit of momentum behind them and should have too much experience for Killeeshil.

kickitin

Quote from: gaafan2 on September 19, 2019, 10:14:41 PM
Good win this evening, we were cruising 5 mins before half time only for Loughmacrory to kick 1-2 to leave just 3 in it.

Again we were up by 5 with 10 to go but let them back into it. We've had a tendency to do this in every game we've played this year and don't seem to be able to kill teams off.

Conal Grimes didn't appear injured to me. He followed Kieran McGeary wherever he went and the two cancelled each other out. Neither man stood out.

Loughmacrory are a decent young team and will make the step up to division 1 sooner rather than later.

the strapping around grimes hamstring was the give away for me as to whether he was injured or not. mcgeary kicked 4 from play also so he wasn't cancelled out very well.

Gaafan2

Quote from: kickitin on September 19, 2019, 10:43:36 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on September 19, 2019, 10:14:41 PM

the strapping around grimes hamstring was the give away for me as to whether he was injured or not. mcgeary kicked 4 from play also so he wasn't cancelled out very well.

3 from play, 1 free but Kieran had a quiet game by his standards. Grimes obviously given the role of trying to nullify him which I felt he done quite well.

Galballys to lose though.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Eskra v Rock - Rock
Omagh v Errigal - Omagh

Why?

Tintown rattler

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 19, 2019, 11:27:16 PM
Eskra v Rock - Rock
Omagh v Errigal - Omagh

Why?

Most likely due to how they dispatched easily of Dromore. Potentially the best club team we have seen in Tyrone for years

LeoMc

Quote from: Tintown rattler on September 20, 2019, 10:29:42 AM
Eskra v Rock - Rock
Omagh v Errigal - Omagh

Why?

Most likely due to how they dispatched easily of Dromore. Potentially the best club team we have seen in Tyrone for years

Potentially the worst Dromore team we have seen in Tyrone for years

SG08

LOL

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 20, 2019, 10:52:15 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 20, 2019, 10:47:20 AM
Eskra v Rock - Rock
Omagh v Errigal - Omagh

Why?

[/b]

Potentially the worst Dromore team we have seen in Tyrone for years

I agree, i over estimated that dromore team as did many, for they are atrocious. Worst championship performance ive ever seen - and bare in mind ive seen Dregish play the game.
Tintown, thats one of the most ridiculous statements ive heard in my time, and you have a track record of coming out with them. perhaps Gaelic football isnt for you.
Tintown should be suspended for a while until he gets his head examined. Hoooooleeeeeeee Ghost Bois that was a shocking statement