Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Ridiculous I know but has anyone brought their dog on holidays. Thinking of maybe taking the car over to Scotland or England. Maybe even France if I went away for 3/4 weeks in the summer.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2019, 02:44:41 PM
Ridiculous I know but has anyone brought their dog on holidays. Thinking of maybe taking the car over to Scotland or England. Maybe even France if I went away for 3/4 weeks in the summer.

Has your dog got a passport?

https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/travelling-pets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2019, 02:44:41 PM

Not ridiculous at all! I'll be taking my two dogs away from now on! Be staying in Ireland though as the dogs have to stay in the car while in the ferry!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Don Johnson

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 28, 2019, 09:53:29 PM
Quote from: Armaghtothebone on January 28, 2019, 04:50:11 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 27, 2019, 05:20:14 PM
Was wondering what mode of transfers ones here would recommend from CDG to Disneyland- train, pre-arranged transfer or taxi from outside? Also, any particular Dublin airport carpark that is best/cheapest?

Depends how many of you there are.

Two adults and two children.

We went before Christmas. On the way over we got the TGV to the train station at Disney, cost about 50E for two adults and a child, it was very quick, only about eleven minutes. The downside for me was that we flew Aer Lingus so our terminal was the opposite one to the terminal the trains left from. So I had to carry all the luggage myself (wife pushed the child in the pram) through the terminals and on a shuttle to get to the train. On the way back then I just booked the Disney Shuttle bus. Google Magic Shuttle. Again it was just under 50E but this time it picked us up right outside our hotel (Sequoia Lodge, but it stops at all the Disney hotels, times are at the concierge desks in the hotels), and it dropped us right off at the correct terminal.

Pros and cons to both options really.

awideisneverasgood

Heading to Barcelona for the weekend soon for a kid free break.

Any advice on what to see / where to go / what to avoid?

playwiththewind1st

Nou Camp; Sagrada Familia; Rambla (bullet holes all over from Civil War!). Think i can remember a big market just off the Rambla. Had a pint in Parc Guell on Christmas morning...great place, with fantastic stuff by Gaudi. Excursions...took train for day trip to both Girona & Tarragona. Wanted to get to Montserrat but trains weren't running on Xmas Day.

macdanger2

Looking at booking a package through Expedia to Vegas. Anyone have any experience booking with them?

The flights are via London and then direct. Anyone know what the situation is if the first flight (Dub-Lon) is delayed? Am I on my own or are the flights booked as a package? If I'm on my own, then I'll need to allow 4-5h layover in both directions

David McKeown

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 01, 2019, 08:18:20 PM
Looking at booking a package through Expedia to Vegas. Anyone have any experience booking with them?

The flights are via London and then direct. Anyone know what the situation is if the first flight (Dub-Lon) is delayed? Am I on my own or are the flights booked as a package? If I'm on my own, then I'll need to allow 4-5h layover in both directions

Booked with them a couple of times or more and thought them to be particularly good the only issue being that unlike some of these companies (travelocity virgin etc) they don't always cover resort fees at the hotels so there can be some considerable expense when you get there. That said the advertise that on their prices but not in their total prices.

As to flights if they are with codeshare partners which they usually are then you are covered for delays etc and the airline will rebook you accordingly. If they are not codeshare partners then things can be a lot trickier. I've no direct experience of Expedia not using codeshare partners but I do have experience of them when we had a codeshare flight delayed they were very good and made sure we had been rebooked and that our car hire and hotel were aware we'd be late. They also told us about food vouchers etc we were entitled too and who to claim them off.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

laoislad

Had a fantastic time in Madrid. Great city. The Bernabeu is an unbelievable stadium.
Don't think I've ever been in a city that's a clean as Madrid. The place was spotless.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gold

Quote from: laoislad on February 05, 2019, 11:18:29 AM
Had a fantastic time in Madrid. Great city. The Bernabeu is an unbelievable stadium.
Don't think I've ever been in a city that's a clean as Madrid. The place was spotless.

Absolutely love it

Where all did you go?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Baloney

Good stuff. It's somewhere I'd consider going to but definitely not in summer as it's too hot for my tastes. Did you do much sightseeing around the Alaves match or on the beer?

oakleafgael

Completly different one and all advice welcomed. Trip to Orlando being planned for July. 4 kids from 6 to 10 plus 2 adults. Flights are sorted but after advice and suggestions for villa accommodation in particular. Car hire pointers appreciated too.

laoislad

Quote from: Gold on February 05, 2019, 01:55:42 PM

Absolutely love it

Where all did you go?

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 05, 2019, 05:07:30 PM
Good stuff. It's somewhere I'd consider going to but definitely not in summer as it's too hot for my tastes. Did you do much sightseeing around the Alaves match or on the beer?
Yeah the brother was there in summer time and he said it was 40+ degrees.
Drank plenty,done plenty of sightseeing,the hop on/off tour bus around the city makes it easy to see a lot of it. The aul fella was with us so it suited him to be on a bus rather than walking everywhere.
Went for a run Sunday morning on my own out to the BernabĂ©u, couldn't get over how the drivers actually stop and let you cross a road,you'd be run over in Dublin if you even attempted it  ;D
I've been in Barcelona a few times but I'd put Madrid ahead of it,will definitely go back.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rois

Quote from: oakleafgael on February 05, 2019, 07:29:53 PM
Completly different one and all advice welcomed. Trip to Orlando being planned for July. 4 kids from 6 to 10 plus 2 adults. Flights are sorted but after advice and suggestions for villa accommodation in particular. Car hire pointers appreciated too.
Sign up to Avis Preferred and use discount code H811101. Avis is good because your OH can drive too, plus Preferred makes it really handy to pick up at airport.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Rois on February 05, 2019, 08:37:14 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on February 05, 2019, 07:29:53 PM
Sign up to Avis Preferred and use discount code H811101. Avis is good because your OH can drive too, plus Preferred makes it really handy to pick up at airport.

Cheers Rois